NJRK

Any help with 752752 Star Destroyer please!

Hi Everyone

Totally new member and first ever post so sorry if I haven't got the etiquette right.

I've done quite a lot of big lego sets but I've never had a problem before and googling makes it seem like I'm the only person to have this problem and I don't know what to try next.

I am step 200 of 752752 - where you attach the first big plate to the skeleton. No matter what I do it just falls apart (see picture) - not dramatically or anything but every time one of the blue, red or black cross pieces comes off, when i try to reattach it, another one comes away and so until i want to throw it against a wall!

I don't think anything is bowed or anything - and in any case it doesn't happen to the same piece each time. I have compared it to the picture and I'm pretty sure it's accurate...I've even tried small piece of blutack to hold pieces in place (I really don't want to glue) and I just don't know what to do.

Any advice please?

Thanks in advance!

unnamed.jpg

Do you have to "bend" the panel to insert it on the pegs at the central structure? You might have gotten a offbyone error hidden somewhere

If done correctly the connection joints are intended to align without bending the plates. YOu "hang in" the lower joints and then click in the ball hinges at the outer edge. (Built the same set just a few days ago so the knowledge is still fresh)

So you didn’t have the issue at all? Seem like it must be something I did then! I will reassess - thank you!

Yeah, panels installed without any part pop for me.. Only part pop for me was at the bridge section when i was holding it wrong on clipping some stuff in.

I just built this last week and didn't have any issue with it either. You slide it onto the Technic axles and snap the ball joint into place. 

Thanks both!

I’ve checked and everything's in the right place but thinking about it,the pieces pop out before I hang it. I think the squares must be slightly bent. I might get in touch with Lego.

8 hours ago, NJRK said:

Thanks both!

I’ve checked and everything's in the right place but thinking about it,the pieces pop out before I hang it. I think the squares must be slightly bent. I might get in touch with Lego.

That's what I was thinking. I haven't had this problem when building the model, so I'd check if the large panels are bent. Perhaps try placing them on a baseplate and see if they pop off on their own? If they do, then the pieces are definitely defective and you should get a replacement.

Thanks everyone. So I took it all apart and started again and it turns out one of the pieces was really bent! Luckily I had the same piece in my stash so it’s all fine now. Thanks for all the help and advice masterx244, kylendm and terrasher!

If a piece was bent or malformed straight out of the box, try to get in contact with Lego by phone or email.  They appreciate knowing about these problems, but may ask you for the alphanumeric code on the seals of the box if you still have it.  They may send you a new piece, plus a way to mail them back the bent piece for further analysis.

I had a big issue with my set. They included two of the same bag for step 15. Ended up sending me a whole new bag and pieces were missing in that one. Now they're sending me 10 - 1x12 lbg plates. I've heard a lot of stories about this set and people missing parts.