Recently I started thinking about some ideas for this contest 

I wanted a car with these following functions: 

1. Full independent suspension 
  2. rear wheel drive with a differential 
  3. hog steering 
  4. vr6 engine 
  5. ride hight control 
  6. opening doors and hood 

after a week of trying different ideas for the chassis here’s what I have come up with 

I am not sure if this still counts as a  vr6 but it’s still a v engine

AEA4ACDA-7232-4C38-A687-E1DBB094266D

CBE27E3F-A0FE-41FC-8DBE-5A546EE13D3E

E277306A-C366-40F8-8481-96EFE9E22CE2

03177BF4-B3D1-44F4-8298-1789CAC5C2B6

here you can see the maximum ride hight

7B16F62A-33D5-477D-B20C-40A95C7781C1

3CEB4551-A983-4B92-9D9E-F90E17F284D5

After looking at the chassis I made a little quick sketch of what is in my mind 

After building the rear axle I think the front one will be a challenge .

Edited by AMX

Progress update :

I have just finished the chassis by adding the front axle and I have also completely changed the ride hight control system ,and now it has all the functions I want 

So here is some photos :

• minimum ride hight 

0134EA06-7864-4EB9-B6CF-6CB0113C6D3B

• Maximum ride hight 

0B681627-CB41-4A91-A2C8-D9E8A3607BD3

Could you guys give me your opinion on this build 

I haven’t got any reply on this topic so far 

I like how functional this thing is. Adjustable ride height in a rather small car, and steering on these swingarms, those are functions I wouldn't even expect in larger models. Especially that steering system seems super ingenious. (I get Batman Tumbler vibes from it)

I also like how the differential is nearly in the center of the car, allowing you to put the engine between the rear wheels. That's some smart space usage. The seat position betwen te front swingarms seems the most sensible place.

About the bodywork, there's not so much yet to say. I'm not a fan of the large black side panels, but I lke the use of hoses for a sort of "rollcage" around the seat and steering wheel. But, as I'm looking at the photos, it came to me that your color combo of red + dark azure + orange, seems very striking to me. I'd hate to see it covered by a rather "mainstream" black-red body. But I don't know if you have enough parts in the other colors to use it here. Also, maybe, as you called your car "futuristic" (which I think is very accurate) you could go for a more "minimalistic" bodywork, it would be kind of a shame to hide all these mechanics. The blue arms for the wheels could be "legs" of some kind of "futuristic spider" or something, so I think it'd be a shame if the bodywork went the "normal car" route. (That said, I don't know what's allowed in the contest. You should ask @Jim.)

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I like how functional this thing is. Adjustable ride height in a rather small car, and steering on these swingarms, those are functions I wouldn't even expect in larger models. Especially that steering system seems super ingenious. (I get Batman Tumbler vibes from it)

I also like how the differential is nearly in the center of the car, allowing you to put the engine between the rear wheels. That's some smart space usage. The seat position betwen te front swingarms seems the most sensible place.

About the bodywork, there's not so much yet to say. I'm not a fan of the large black side panels, but I lke the use of hoses for a sort of "rollcage" around the seat and steering wheel. But, as I'm looking at the photos, it came to me that your color combo of red + dark azure + orange, seems very striking to me. I'd hate to see it covered by a rather "mainstream" black-red body. But I don't know if you have enough parts in the other colors to use it here. Also, maybe, as you called your car "futuristic" (which I think is very accurate) you could go for a more "minimalistic" bodywork, it would be kind of a shame to hide all these mechanics. The blue arms for the wheels could be "legs" of some kind of "futuristic spider" or something, so I think it'd be a shame if the bodywork went the "normal car" route. (That said, I don't know what's allowed in the contest. You should ask @Jim.)

Thank you very much for your feedback :classic:

Here we go !

F6C33AA0-DB4C-4291-8ACD-C27BE7891FBC

E27BC0AC-0F2B-48B1-A8E9-18AF3C1236CA

The (engine/ride hight control system) cover can be opened 

A22FD9E1-EEB0-4083-9604-F12175D79472

I added some rubber bands to the swing arms so the suspension is now soft and bouncy

2C4258E0-487C-4078-979F-D7ED91042AA4

Well.... I wasn’t expecting the suspension being that good :sweet:

78B057F1-E7B4-45D3-9051-90480E87DB7F

Opps ! I realized I forgot to put the steering wheel in most of the photos!

27 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Man there is soooo much technical stuff shoved up in such a tiny moc.. Great job! 

Thank you!

and yes, I tried to challenge myself even though this is my first moc online!

I have just changed the name to dark bullet

do you think it’s a good name?

I am not entirely sure

3 hours ago, AMX said:

I have just changed the name to dark bullet

do you think it’s a good name?

I am not entirely sure

Well, yeah, why wouldn't it be a good name if you like it?

41 minutes ago, zux said:

Well, yeah, why wouldn't it be a good name if you like it?

Thank you ! 

just wanted to have other peoples opinions :grin:

I have changed the swing arms to black and removed every dark azure piece and I think it’s much better like this 

changed some pieces here and there and improved the front looks so it’s now smoother 

and added 2 more headlights because... why not!

3E2C01B8-9C61-4B8F-9949-8EABBCF40478

I think I will start working on my entry post very soon 

Edited by AMX

As others have mentioned, I love this entry.  Don't worry that it may be different than others.   I think that is one of the things that makes it unique. 

But all the functions, in such a small package, IMO, is what makes your entry unique.  Big points in my book.  Its not easy to make such a unique entry for a "car" contest, especially when there are so many size constraints. 

As for the body work, I actually really like the body work.  It works for a submission that is supposed to be "futuristic" - which yours is.....

F0C77F2A-2D0A-4632-BD2B-3C453AF4E4A7F14381B5-20F7-4EF4-9661-82794EAAC194

I thought maybe I should post those in my topic and not just in my entry post:grin: