Paperinik77pk

[MOC] DB E10 12v - "Rheingold" - in "Blue Era" style

Hi all,

this time Germany is the main guest, with its pre-TEE "Rheingold" train.

The Locomotive I chose is again a 8-wheeler, in order to mantain the original Lego chassis. It is the DB E10, a nice locomotive that was never depicted in a Lego catalogue, since in my opinion it is quite difficult to recreate with normal bricks. It has a slanted nose, its design is very linear and it's a mess to make it easily recognizable. I still have a lot of doubts, I admit.:hmpf_bad:

Apart the colors and some details - its shape is resulting very similar to the one I used for the FS E444.

I tried to recreate it in all its old color combination (the oldest one - with single headlights - in blue and black, the Rheingold and the red and yellow TEE, both with double headlights).

DB E10 Family

Since my rendition of the locomotive is pretty dull, I tried to give some credit to the particular wagons of this great train, depicting the first and second class, the "panoramawagen" and the restaurant wagon. The same cars can be repainted in red/yellow to become standard DB TEE 

DB E10 Rheingold

DB E10 Rheingold

And here a full picture of the Rheingold train:

DB E10 Rheingold

I hope you like it - if you have some suggestions for the locomotive - they are more than welcome!!!:sweet:

Ciao!

Davide

19 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Looking good!

Thank you very much for your support, as usual :laugh:

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Nice to see the panorama vagon in this old style! :wub:

Thanks Emanuele!!! :laugh: I thought it was a nice addition - and I think it could be a nice MOC also for "Gray Era" to be paired to the 7740. I already saw some MOCs around - I'll try also to create my personal one!

Hey Davide, that's nice. Certainly has the look of the blue era, could be straight out of a train leaflet from the early 70ies :sweet: Well done!

Do you intend to build it with real bricks, too?

Cheers, Chris

Very good creation again for a mythical train!

The panorama car is really a highlight of the train. A gray era version would indeed be a nice idea!

21 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Nooo I cannot believe to my eyes - you built it!!! Great!!! I try to upload the link with the preview! :classic:

Thank you for giving it a try!!! :wub:

normaly I clear my Lego room, but I cant resist to build it.

Now my 1x2 clear plates are realy rare.....

Torsten

Edited by brummer