marvelBoy123

[Q10 - Deysum - TT] The Hunt Begins

*Your entry has earned 6 XP*

Farantros narrative:

Well I was back on Deysum. Again. Karius had called me out to some facility in the wastelands. It was a strange place, weird shades of blue with polluted crystalline cacti and a toxic atmosphere. No wonder that Karius had chosen a Gand as his bodyguard - they were one of the few species that could easily survive out here. Anyway, onto the 'important mission'. I was to go on a hunting party across the planet with some bureaucrat, Lord Mayor of Klerint bla bla bla...

Apparently this fella was a Neimoidian who had made his money with the collapse of the trade federation. He was filthy rich and had massive influence on the planet so was important to our control. I would have a week long excursion hunting some of the galaxies fiercest monsters and hopefully should things go well we would win him over to our side and by that point it wouldn't be long until Deysum fell into our hands. Seriously, they cut my vacation on Rishi short for this...

Then I had to reach the topic of Charlie. Karius was not keen for her to have a job but after a little persuasion and a reminder of how he failed Vader, he relented. She could stay for the time being but that didn't mean that it was permanent.

http://49694789576_b7302188a5_z.jpgFactions : A meeting on Deysum by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

http://49694258058_58797ced15_z.jpgFactions : A meeting on Deysum by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

Spoiler

Just wanted to show this wall detailing - I've been experimenting with more toned-down building colours and more complex techniques

http://49694265943_0ff64536c8_z.jpgFactions : A meeting on Deysum by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

Fantastic work using all those shades of blue! This is a planet I would love to see more of, and your MOC is a great way to begin to fulfill that appetite.  For your building, I love that you made it offset. But I think it hangs over the sides of the cliff too much. I would either make the cliff bigger or the building a little smaller.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I think it hangs over the sides of the cliff too much. 

Nah, this is perfect.

Suddenly I'm a lot more interested in developing Deysum.

Yeah, I kinda see Deysum as one massive experiment - chuck some colours together and see if it works and I think that it has with the last two. Its nice building on a place that has no reference imaging, it gives the freedom to make something really weird. The blue was a lot of fun because the colours compliment each other nicely and I managed to get two minifigure hats into my landscape. Expect many more weird uses of hats, hair and helmets throughout this episode! I will make the cliff a little larger then take a photo to see which looks best, I agree that there is one spot that should come out a little more.