Gaz 53

640x360.jpg

Some time has passed since the presentation of my Zil 130, I decided to disassemble the chassis from this model that has been on the shelf for a long time.

640x360.jpg

But when I picked them up, I decided to bake another roast on this fire and build Gaz 53 on this frame. On this occasion, I also wanted to show how Gaz53 differs from Ził 130 because ...

640x360.jpg

Ził 130

640x360.jpg

Gaz 53

People often confuse these vehicles, in real Zil 130, Gaz 52 and Gaz 53 they were very similar, but they were different class trucks. Gas 52 had a capacity of 2.5T Gas 53 3.5T and Zil 130 5T. All of them were available in many variants of construction and wheelbase. They also differed in engines, the weakest was 52, about 75 hp, the stronger was 53, 90 or 115 hp, and Zil 130 had a v8 V8 with 178 hp. Often they were also similarly painted, a blue cab with a white front.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

Returning to the model, I remembered that the disadvantage of my Ził that you noticed was a slow steering system.

In Gaz 53, I decided to change it and instead of the version with the virtual pivot I introduced a classic solution with PF servo. Now it works much faster but there is no working steering wheel anymore.

640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg 640x360.jpg

I tested the model in two variants with PF Battery and alternatively with Buwizz.

Edited by Samolot

very impressive and so beautiful

What is the scale of this model?

For Gaz 53, The Hight of the dumper should be lower than the truck's roof, right? as shown by the real picture. Not the same as Zil 130.

Those old school wheels add something special to your moc. Excellent work.

2 hours ago, Nashnet said:

very impressive and so beautiful

What is the scale of this model?

For Gaz 53, The Hight of the dumper should be lower than the truck's roof, right? as shown by the real picture. Not the same as Zil 130.

Thanks, scale is about 1:12. There where so many versions of GAZ 52 and 53, if you search the internet for a while you will find similar to my model easily.

9 hours ago, Samolot said:

Thanks, scale is about 1:12. There where so many versions of GAZ 52 and 53, if you search the internet for a while you will find similar to my model easily.

Sorry, I only followed the pictures that you posted. That's true, GAZ 53 is a platform with various dumpers or other structures.

Oooooooh yes! :thumbup:

Great building!!! I already saw the Zil 130 on youtube in the past - and the Gaz 53 is also a beauty in that blue/white colors!!! :laugh:

Let's go offroading!!! :grin:

1 hour ago, Paperinik77pk said:

Oooooooh yes! :thumbup:

Great building!!! I already saw the Zil 130 on youtube in the past - and the Gaz 53 is also a beauty in that blue/white colors!!! :laugh:

Let's go offroading!!! :grin:

Thanks. Off-road version is also available on my channel.

On 3/16/2020 at 7:23 PM, Samolot said:

People often confuse these vehicles, in real Zil 130, Gaz 52 and Gaz 53 they were very similar, but they were different class trucks. Gas 52 had a capacity of 2.5T Gas 53 3.5T and Zil 130 5T. All of them were available in many variants of construction and wheelbase. They also differed in engines, the weakest was 52, about 75 hp, the stronger was 53, 90 or 115 hp, and Zil 130 had a v8 V8 with 178 hp. Often they were also similarly painted, a blue cab with a white front.

I remember my childhood when Gaz trucks as light-weighed were commonly used as city delivery trucks: cargo boxes, milk (yeah, the big tank full of milk) fresh and hot bread. ZIL's meanwhile were a heavy-duty ones and were used as semitrucks or construction dumps with remarkable half-rounded hopper and very noisy constant BZZZZ sound caused by always broken air valve (the drivers told that it's better to hear it to know that you still have air for your brakes :wink:).

Great and very remarkable models! Something that was many times ago but still lives somewhere inside. :blush:

Wow, the models are beautiful, remind me of the childhood back to 80s, 90s in our country Vietnam. 

Is it medium blue parts on the Gaz? Are u going to have the moc for sale on Rebrickable? Tks.