Sign in to follow this  
Chromeknight

Branch line station from a well known franchise

I’m working on a tiny layout, 128 studs by 96.

Featuring small wheel base British steam engines (I’ve previously shown my green one). 
Here is the station for the layout. 
more to come, stay tuned.

Station for a small blue engine

https://flic.kr/p/2iv72SH

Edited by Chromeknight

I'd encourage a bit more detailing: plants and vines, luggage piled, some kind of awnings over the windows (or flower boxes under them), framing for the doors, possibly the use of these on the corner stonework:

98283_194_lg.png

It looks to me like a lot of elements on the shape of the original would be very, very easy to replicate.

In fact, I'm bored - if you'd like, I could probably design that station in an hour or so... I could use selective compression, too, so it won't wind up substantially larger than what you've got. Just let me know.

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

34 minutes ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I'd encourage a bit more detailing: plants and vines, luggage piled, some kind of awnings over the windows (or flower boxes under them), framing for the doors, possibly the use of these on the corner stonework:

It looks to me like a lot of elements on the shape of the original would be very, very easy to replicate.

In fact, I'm bored - if you'd like, I could probably design that station in an hour or so... I could use selective compression, too, so it won't wind up substantially larger than what you've got. Just let me know.

Thanks for the offer. All the minifig scale stuff, such as luggage, plants and figs is yet to go on. 
as for the rest, some of what you’re talking about are conscious aesthetic choices, aiming to simplify and smooth the building. I’m an 80s LEGO kinda guy. And since it’s a small layout with a kid/toy theme I’d like the viewers to look at it and go ‘I could do that (given right coloured pieces)’. There’s a place for ‘how did you do that?’ builds, but I’m not aiming for that here. 
That said, I did note the big blank wall in the middle which needs.. something, and throwing some profile bricks into corners isn’t a bad idea either.

What isn’t apparent from the single picture is the station is a single solid unit with no interior, it sits on tiles and a handful of studs, but comes off easily for transport. I can hold it upside down and shake it a bit without worrying about pieces falling off.

What a nice little station, simple and clean...now it needs some "British" attention to details like some old looking signs, a clock...flower pots...:wub:

...but I see some tiles with studs...so probably they are there for a specific purpose and you already have something in mind :wink:

Ciao!

Davide