darkrebellion

A poll to decide a star wars set for february 2009

Personally, I think the set ideas are all pretty terrible.

Arrest of Palpatine: An office scene, sounds pretty silly. The only upshot is the figures (a non-light-up Mace Windu) and the fact that its not yet another remake of sets that have already been over done.

Slave One and Cloud City: Hooray, yet another stupid Slave I. What would this be, the 4th one? And nothing says fun like a landing platform. I can't believe they're considering remaking the landing platform. Another sign that its time to put Lego Star Wars to bed. Jango's Slave I at Kamino would have been a better choice. At least we'd have a shot at a Kaminoan.

Mon Calmari Crusier: Yay, the third iteration of the less than iconic A-Wing. Probably be a rehash of the B-Wing with Rebel Command. I say that, because I can't see how they could make a decent cruiser and still include the A-wing. Though Akbar might be nice, the set would probably be too expensive to justify buying it just for him.

Steve

Lol, I'm gonna have to agree with you, although I give LEGO props for giving us a choice.

I did a second vote and voted for the Chancellors arrest. How much will that be? It has to have 3, no wait, 4, no wait, 5 new figs (Agen Kolar, Saesaee Tinn, Non-light-up-saber Windu, Chancellor, and possibly a redesigned Kit Fisto or Sky walker)!

EDIT: I just thought. Although everyone says there will be no vehicles in the chancellors office, there could be! Think back to Epi III : What did Anakin use to get to the chancellors office? No, he didn't walk. No, Artoo didn't fly him there. No, he didn't use the force. He used an Airspeeder!!!! That means we might get an airspeeder, or possibly a green Jedi fighter!

I highly doubt the green JSF, although it would be freakin awesome to have one! But Anakin's airspeeder could be possible, though. Maybe this set is even some sort of Cloud City style set with a landing platform for that airspeeder, some corridors, and the Chancellor's office! :cry_happy: Would make sense too - the other two choices seem like pretty big sets as well after all! I can already imagine some hidden mechanisms that (like in the Harry Potter Wizard Duel set) catapult the chancellor toward the Jedi, or throw Mace out of the window! :laugh:

And coming to think of it, if the set includes Anakin, and since the description of choice 1 talks about Palpatine's transformation, then maybe it also has a Palpatine fig with a double sided head - one with his normal Chancellor face, and one with his disfigured Emperor face! :sweet: That would be great! :wub:

Of the three, the Mon Calamari Cruiser bridge sounds the most appealing. We don't need another Slave 1 (I'm betting it wins), and an office scene sounds even duller than a bridge scene. Besides, there hasn't been an Admiral Ackbar yet. Too bad that none of these choices is all that appealing.

OK, I voted 2 because of this breakdown given to me by my brother:

1. Palpatine's Arrest will DEFINITELY have at least 3 new figures. Agen Kolar, Saesee Tinn, and Chancellor Palpatine(the first we've ever had of him from the Prequel Trilogy! I foresee that if this wins he will have the lightning on his hands introduced in Castle. :thumbup: ) It will probably be a nice decor, seeing that there are so many Sith artifacts and architecture in the room, and there will be much Dark red. And it will hopefully connect out to the landing platform where Anakin is with his nice speeder! :oh: The windows will probably be made breakable via SNOT. :wink:

2. Cloud City is like the new Cloud City set, only in fleshy! These are the new figs I see: Bespin Leia, Bespin Luke, hopefully arms 'n' legs Boba, Bespin Lando, Lobot, and some Wing Guards. There's also a new landing platform, nice Bespin style, and hopefully a new Slave 1! Why do I want a new one, do you ask? Because I was not entirely pleased with the 2005 model. I LOVED %99.999999... of it but for one staring flaw: The 'backboard' was far too large and heavy. It made it seem like a backboard! It was more of a rectangle and less of an oval like the real Slave 1. I want a redesigned Slave 1 with a better backboard and some nice Cloud City decor. :thumbup:

3. The Mon Cal' Cruiser, if it's a whole cruiser, would OWN! I'd love to put my ships inside the hangar! Oh wait, that would require a set more than $1000. That sucks. Too bad, another dream down the drain. :tongue: Anyhow, if it were the bridge and a hangar with an A-Wing and that's it, how many new molds do we get? One. For the Mon Calamarian head. And I'll reckon it'll be the same head and the same paint job as all the other Calamarians we get. The torsos will be cool, though. And those orangy-brown hands... :wub: Anyway, what else will we get? How redesigned can an A-Wing get? It's already awesome; and unless the pilot has a new head other than Bruce Wayne or Dack I'm gonna scream bloody murder! :oh3: (not really :grin: ) So how many new figs? We don't really know until we know how many Calamarians TLC is giving us with the set. :wink:

So that's what I have to say here... Although I kinda didn't say much. :grin:

No wait, here it comes:

Cyclone 501, why would we get a redesigned Anakin? Or for that matter a redesigned Kit Fisto? The Fisto we got was supposed to be from Episode 3 when Obi-wan uses the blue JSF. And yes Oky-wan-Kenobi, I'd love for a double sided Palps and hopefully a new hairpiece! :oh:

And we already have a non light up lightsaber Windu. :wink:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

yes lets wait for pictures before we get snotty and pompous shall we?

It's a weak argument to say that the Palpatine set will basically be a $20 set compared to a huge $100 Mon Calamari Cruiser. Of course the Cruiser would be cooler. It's been confirmed on FBTB that these will be in the $100 range, so that throws out the entire "chair and desk" platform that people who don't want the Palpatine set have made.

It's a weak argument to say that the Palpatine set will basically be a $20 set compared to a huge $100 Mon Calamari Cruiser. Of course the Cruiser would be cooler. It's been confirmed on FBTB that these will be in the $100 range, so that throws out the entire "chair and desk" platform that people who don't want the Palpatine set have made.

Agreed; you must bear in mind that the description mentions Anakin, so we'll definitely get a landing platform!

Wow! I've noticed that in each of these three choices, there is a landing platform or something to land your fighter/speeder on! :thumbup:

P.S. Athos, I don't know why you don't like landing platforms. Besides, it's not like it'll be the whole set. :sweet:

Wow! I've noticed that in each of these three choices, there is a landing platform or something to land your fighter/speeder on! :thumbup:

Well... No. :sceptic: The MCC set would most likely be something like the Hoth Base with nothing to land your vehicle on. But it could still be possible as a room and a $15 ship doesn't really sound like a $100 set to me... :look:

Mon Calamari Cruiser all the way - I've wanted Akbar almost as long as there has been SW Lego. Too bad it doesn't sound like it'll be a full cruiser in the style of the Imperial Cruiser - would've been good.

Have previous TRU exclusives been available in the UK?

My first post - yey! :sweet:

Well... No. :sceptic: The MCC set would most likely be something like the Hoth Base with nothing to land your vehicle on. But it could still be possible as a room and a $15 ship doesn't really sound like a $100 set to me... :look:

By MCC you mean Mon Calamari Cruiser, right?

Why are you so sure that where it distinctly says 'Hangar with A-Wing' that it won't include a Hangar? :sweet:

Mon Calamari Cruiser all the way - I've wanted Akbar almost as long as there has been SW Lego. Too bad it doesn't sound like it'll be a full cruiser in the style of the Imperial Cruiser - would've been good.

Have previous TRU exclusives been available in the UK?

My first post - yey! :sweet:

Indeed they have been available in the UK! :sweet:

By MCC you mean Mon Calamari Cruiser, right?

Why are you so sure that where it distinctly says 'Hangar with A-Wing' that it won't include a Hangar? :sweet:

Indeed they have been available in the UK! :sweet:

Cool :grin:

TLG is giving us a poll to decide what a future Star War's Lego set will be and still people complain!? Am I missing something here, haven't we all been wishing for this day since 1999?

What I'm trying to say is, come on guys this is awesome, stop being so cynical and be happy that TLG even wants your vote at all. In other words, lighten up guys! :wink:

On another note, on the subject of being able to vote as many times as you want for whichever option you want, I read over at FBTB that you have to wait a certain amount of time or close

and then reopen your browser for your second or third or fourth ect. ect. vote to count. That being said, to test this information I voted for choice one about 20 times

and choice two and three about 10 times each. :grin:

If you just so happened to skip reading my post up until this point this will be news to you. :tongue: I voted for all 3 choices, but I voted for Palpy's Arrest more then the other options.

Why, you might ask... well it's because I'm extremley Prequel Trilogy biased and we are guarnteed three brand new minifigs with choice number one, while we are only guarnteed one with Home One, and none with the Slave I/Cloud City rehash, though hopefully if choice two somehow wins we'll get another printed arms/legs Boba Fett.

On another note I thought I might restate some info I've stumbuled upon about the poll and the set options themselves, this may or may not be news for you.

-First: the poll for the 10th Anniversary and for the TRU exclusive set are independent from each other, this means that this poll is not for the 10th Anniversary set, just a TRU exclusive set that will be released the same year. If you question my logic, then the flying ninja monkeys will come eat you and your Lego then just click here.

-Second: the set choices will all be around the $100 dollar mark, I think I saw this on FBTB too, I just can't remember where. :wacko:

-Third: If you don't vote for Choice number one, operation "Lights Out" will comense beginning with you. :tongue:

Up next, if your interseted :grin: , my summary of what might and what will be included with each choice.

-Tarfful

EDIT: I took out/changed most of emoticons.

EDIT 2: spelling and grammar check.

Edited by Tarfful

Well obviosly choice number 2 is out since it has been made already so that leaves it between 1 and 3. If they should excatly what they were going to make maybe that would change the voting pattern for those two sets.

Up next, if your interseted :grin: , my summary of what might and what will be included with each choice.

-Tarfful

Sure, bring it on! :grin:

BTW, what 10th Anniversery? :wacko:

Also, why is everybody saying "TLG" lately?

Sure, bring it on! :grin:

BTW, what 10th Anniversery? :wacko:

Also, why is everybody saying "TLG" lately?

OK, I will... later. :grin: Right now is my official bedtime.

Why the 10th Anniversary of Star Wars Lego of course, which is 2009 by the way.

"TLG" stands for The Lego Group. :wink:

-Tarfful

EDIT: Spelling and grammer check.

Edited by Tarfful

I'm just thinking that maybe the voting results would all be different if they included pictures of the sets.

I don't think these sets have been designed already, so no pictures to show...

TLG is giving us a poll to decide what a future Star War's Lego set will be and still people complain!? Am I missing something here, haven't we all been wishing for this day since 1999? What I'm trying to say is, come on guys this is awesome, stop being so cynical and be happy that TLG even wants your vote at all. In other words, lighten up guys! :wink:

-First: the poll for the 10th Anniversary and for the TRU exclusive set are independent from each other, this means that this poll is not for the 10th Anniversary set, just a TRU exclusive set that will be released the same year.

I can only second your advise to lighten up on this! People, just be happy that YOU CAN vote and stop whining about the choices you're given - it's great we can decide something at least :classic:

And Tarfful - is there another poll somewhere for any 10th Anniversary sets?? If so, could you pleeeease provide a link? :sweet:

Benny

1 I don't think these sets have been designed already, so no pictures to show...

2 I can only second your advise to lighten up on this! People, just be happy that YOU CAN vote and stop whining about the choices you're given - it's great we can decide something at least :classic:

3 And Tarfful - is there another poll somewhere for any 10th Anniversary sets?? If so, could you pleeeease provide a link? :sweet:

Benny

1- It still would of been nice to have gotten some concept art or more details about what would go into each set/what would be included. Because right now it's about 80% guess-work.

2- He he, a No Whining Zone. :grin:

3- Sorry Vaders_son, but I couldn't find any offical polls. I just got that info from reading this post (fourth post from the top) and this post on FBTB. All I know is that the current TRU poll is not for the 10th Anniversary set.

Analysis of current poll options in my next post. Now that everyone here is asleep, its no longer my bedtime :devil: , *insert evil maniacal laughter here*. (BTW it's currently 11:47PM here.)

-Tarfful

EDIT: Spelling and grammer check.

Edited by Tarfful

1- It still would of been nice to have gotten some concept art or more details about what would go into each set/what would be included. Because right now it's 80% guess-work.

2- He he, a No Whining Zone. :grin:

3- Sorry Vaders_son, but I couldn't find any offical polls. I just got that info from reading this post (third post from the top) and this post on FBTB. All I know is that the current TRU poll is not for the 10th Anniversary set.

Analysis of current poll options in my next post. Now that everyone here is asleep, its no longer my bedtime :devil: , *insert evil laugh here*. (BTW it's currently 11:47PM here.)

-Tarfful

1 - That's true, even some concept art would make making (make making?? :laugh::wacko: ) a decision way easier :thumbup:

2 - That's about what I had in mind :tongue:

3 - Ah, ok, good to know I didn't miss a 10th anniversary poll :sweet:

(BTW it's currently 1:11 PM here and I just had breakfast :tongue: *insert insane happy laugh here*^^)

Benny

I voted for the set Arresting Palpatine, could be interesting and not so expensive?

The set with Boba sounds veeery boring

I choose number 3.

Choice 1 is only minifigs. Cool minifigs no doubt.

Choice 2 is BORING. Why another slave 1?

Choice 3 has more playability factors. A Wing, hanger, minifigs.

I believe choice 1 will win seeing so many voted for it.

I voted for the Mon Calamari--Admiral Ackbar is one of the few OT characters that I still want in minifig form.

What if the Jedi in the Chancellor Arrest set came with two faces, normal and dead? Would any of the Calamari voters change their mind?

What if the Jedi in the Chancellor Arrest set came with two faces, normal and dead? Would any of the Calamari voters change their mind?

I don't think that's likely. There have never been alive/dead double face heads I think, and TLC won't make them I feel...

However, it is likely that we'll get a two-faced Palpy with the set :thumbup:

Benny

could a knight or higher please make a poll for this? i think it will be made a lot easier for members to keep track of each others choices. thanks ahead of time! :classic:

So... is voting over now? :look: It says that the deadline was May 17th, but it still looks like you could vote. :sceptic: Oh well. I have been voting for choice 1 everytime I logged onto EB (about four times a day) via the link at the frontpage! :tongue: If voting is over, I guess there is nothing left to do but hope that choice 1 wins! :cry_happy: