Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Conclusion: Zandder Earns a yeet

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

And I don't see pushing for the no-lynch as preventing learning from voting patterns. People still vote; it just might take till later to learn whether the people being accused are town or scum.

Yes, it's much more useful, earlier, to analyze voting patterns by knowing the alignment of the player being voted for. If you analyze voting patterns on someone who you still don't know their alignment...well...you're not really analyzing anything. Unless, waiting until they die some other way is useful. Or doing nothing until Day Five... :hmpf:

1 hour ago, Hinckley said:

My next game will feature a mechanic where anyone pushing a no-lynch will explode.

Awwww yeah!

On 1/24/2020 at 12:51 PM, Hinckley said:

My next game will feature a mechanic where anyone pushing a no-lynch will explode.

Even better, a third party who's win condition is "zero lynches all game" :laugh_hard:

9 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Even better, a third party who's win condition is "zero lynches all game" :laugh_hard:

Honestly, why not try it haha?

On 1/24/2020 at 1:51 PM, Hinckley said:

Good thing that wasn't this game, because exploding a tentacle creature sounds messy. 

On 1/24/2020 at 1:57 PM, fhomess said:

The question of PMing or not is interesting.  Obviously becomes a different experience when you can't PM, and really makes the PR's have to think about how to communicate what they know.  I did enjoy the recent no-PM game.

I missed that game, so I didn't get to try it out. I suspect I'd like it though :) 

1 hour ago, mostlytechnic said:

I missed that game, so I didn't get to try it out. I suspect I'd like it though :) 

@mostlytechnic You played it: The Forest III

As Hinkley mentioned I wasn’t a fan of the no PMs

I’ve been trying to think why that is.

For me it breaks down in two parts. First, as someone in an uncommon timezone, stuff often happens while I sleep or work. This means if I post in thread, there can be a long delay before I am responded to, it at all. With PMs included the flow is better, I’m able to back and forth with individuals over specific points rather than only relying on people being around at convenient times to reply in thread.

Secondly, it’s another criteria to judge activity. If someone is replying to me lots, but not posting in thread, that’s quite different to someone posting in thread but ignoring my PM. 

Thirdly, people say stuff in PM that they’d never say in thread. That stuff is gold and it would slow the game to lose it.