Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah my bad I got got

Don't worry about it, happened to me too today (Jurassic World) :wink:

Helicarrier box leaked

It's still disappointing imo but the angle of the Helicarrier on the box without the quinjet does make it look much better

So not only is there no back on this set, but there is no roof on this set. Design flaws are impeccable, if it gets windy, Fury's paperwork's going everywhere

Good thing Dr Banner was wrong, and the Helicarrier isn't meant to be a submarine

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So not only is there no back on this set, but there is no roof on this set. Design flaws are impeccable, if it gets windy, Fury's paperwork's going everywhere

Good thing Dr Banner was wrong, and the Helicarrier isn't meant to be a submarine

Not gonna lie this comment made me laugh

The box angle is better and it looks less cluttered with the Quinjet off. Is it just me or are the rotors angled forward a bit on the box? Maybe that’s why they stick up so much. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Not gonna lie this comment made me laugh

Thank you thank you, in here all week, or probably longer due to quarantine

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The box angle is better and it looks less cluttered with the Quinjet off. Is it just me or are the rotors angled forward a bit on the box? Maybe that’s why they stick up so much. 

To me they look straight on in the 360 pics, but angled on the box, so maybe they can move a little bit

Yeah the box art changed my mind. I appreciate the helicarrier much more now. With out the quinjet thing it looks much better.

Do I like hate the helicarrier less from this box image? Yes. I'm still gonna get this set because I want a Lego helicarrier, but it's nice knowing that this set looks a little better than the previous images. 

I think the biggest problem with the Helicarrier, besides the design of the rotors, is that the design doesn’t get thinner or sleeker as it goes forward. It having the same thickness throughout makes it look like a train with 4 propellors attached to its sides.

There should either be some more angling before the front angled window or the front angled window should be pushed back a little and the deck and tarmac should hang over it by a few studs.

No one is expecting it to be as elaborate as the UCS model but some similar techniques could have been employed. 

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

This is on lego for not releasing official pictures when they leaked, and everyone saw those crummy videos that make the sets look worse. Now people who have already decided these sets are bad aren't going to be swayed as much by the boxart images.

The box pic definitely makes the Helicarrier look much better as I would've expected. As others have pointed out, it does seem like the rotors are tilted slightly. It makes me think the set might have a function built in to turn all 4 rotors simultaneously. Overall I quite like the set and look forward to getting my hands on it. Hopefully back of the box pics will leak soon so we can get a glimpse of the interior and functions.

This angle makes me like it a tiny bit more, but I still think it's awful. The worst thing are the wings, they just don't work in any way for this Helicarrier. The open back and the giant cannon are also terrible. I also HATE this MODOK, definitely one of the worst builds from this theme. Why is he bigger than a Quinjet?

Even if I did want to like the helicarrier (I don't have any), I find it very disapointing. I will pass on those sets.

Well, I got say the Helicarrier grown in me. At first, there was a bit of frustation with the look, but after the box images, it got better without the quinjet. It is not the greatest display piece, but a great playset. I believe the interior pics will improve the quality of the set.

Cons: the rotors (I would prefer the trans blue pieces from the base in Hall of Armor, for instance) and the amount of repeated figures. A new Iron Man armor would be desirable. Or someone new instead of Thor. 

Pros: MODOK (the build is more comic accurate than the last one), Captain Marvel with mohawk, War Machine (the roller skates are a clever build), Black Widow with arm printing and the fact of getting such a massive set. It looks better than the Flying Fox set. 8 figures in total, and 5 of them have leg printing. It is a fun set!

Nothing much to say on the tower, however. It is 4+, and the downside is the price. Very, very overpriced!

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This angle makes me like it a tiny bit more, but I still think it's awful. The worst thing are the wings, they just don't work in any way for this Helicarrier. The open back and the giant cannon are also terrible. I also HATE this MODOK, definitely one of the worst builds from this theme. Why is he bigger than a Quinjet?

Because the quinjet isn't meant to be accurately sized.

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Well, I got say the Helicarrier grown in me. At first, there was a bit of frustation with the look, but after the box images, it got better without the quinjet. It is not the greatest display piece, but a great playset. I believe the interior pics will improve the quality of the set.

Cons: the rotors (I would prefer the trans blue pieces from the base in Hall of Armor, for instance) and the amount of repeated figures. A new Iron Man armor would be desirable. Or someone new instead of Thor. 

Pros: MODOK (the build is more comic accurate than the last one), Captain Marvel with mohawk, War Machine (the roller skates are a clever build), Black Widow with arm printing and the fact of getting such a massive set. It looks better than the Flying Fox set. 8 figures in total, and 5 of them have leg printing. It is a fun set!

Nothing much to say on the tower, however. It is 4+, and the downside is the price. Very, very overpriced!

I agree. Rotors are kind of weird and getting the same iron man and thor again is annoying, but it doesn't look that bad and has great figures.

42 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Because the quinjet isn't meant to be accurately sized.

I agree. Rotors are kind of weird and getting the same iron man and thor again is annoying, but it doesn't look that bad and has great figures.

That doesn't change anything, MODOK is still wayyy too big. He's not a tank but a flying head.

MODOK looks incredibly stupid... just like his comic design, so mission accomplished :head_back: A giant, bizarre-looking noggin with hilariously tiny arms and legs. To me, the stupidity of his design is almost on par with some of the classic Spidey villain designs (Rhino, Electro and Vulture in particular). Or that Green Lantern with similarly laughable proportions :grin:

40 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

MODOK looks incredibly stupid... just like his comic design, so mission accomplished :head_back: A giant, bizarre-looking noggin with hilariously tiny arms and legs. To me, the stupidity of his design is almost on par with some of the classic Spidey villain designs (Rhino, Electro and Vulture in particular). Or that Green Lantern with similarly laughable proportions :grin:

Yeah exactly, I feel like MODOK looks exactly how he should. They oddity of his appearance is accurate

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That doesn't change anything, MODOK is still wayyy too big. He's not a tank but a flying head.

Depends on the interpretation of him, I think this is still pretty comics accurate.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yeah, he's supposed to be an enormous head, this isn't meant to be winter-soldier levels of realism.

Sticking in pin in what people do or don't like - From a product development point of view it is just so weird that they had a specific head that was made for MODOK, could only really ever be used on MODOK, and now they're not using it for MODOK. Someone somewhere must be having a fit about that. 

Quinjet shrinkflation continues at an alarming rate. By next year I'm assuming we'll have hit the singularity and we'll need to donate a Quinjet to Lego in order to acquire the rest of a set. 

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, he's supposed to be an enormous head, this isn't meant to be winter-soldier levels of realism.

MODOK wasn't in Winter Soldier