Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Thanks @Guyon2002 and @Balrogofmorgoth and @TheRandomBlocker. My 7am brain wasn't working too well. I was going to say that of course that doesn't mean it was necessarily a new mould, they may have just used the City dog as a stand in, but TheRandomBlocker you ninja'd me :classic:. I do hope we get a new mould though soon as Fang with his little chin rolls would be adorable.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, TheRandomBlocker said:Mostly correct, there was a dog (originally) in the Hagrid’s Hut set labelled Fang, but it wasn’t a prototype, it was the normal dog piece (used for German Shepherds etc), obviously if we get Fang he’ll be a new piece, but at the time they hadn’t made one

I’m sure we’ll see Fang before the theme ends, especially with how useful a new dog piece would be for Lego City ☺️

Good to know

I am exciting for many beasts that are still to come. Fluffy, fang, Errol, werewolves and a decent basilisk.

although has anyone thought how that transparent blue cylinder containing a fly included in the AT Could represent Rita skeeter in animagus form. Although I think she is a beetle, but if that was included ( with a beetle printed instead) in the cmf with a potential Rita figure That would be cool.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Thanks @Guyon2002 and @Balrogofmorgoth and @TheRandomBlocker. My 7am brain wasn't working too well. I was going to say that of course that doesn't mean it was necessarily a new mould, they may have just used the City dog as a stand in, but TheRandomBlocker you ninja'd me :classic:. I do hope we get an actual new mould though soon as Fang with his little chin rolls would be adorable though.

If we don’t get a new Fang mould and a new Padfoot (yes I am probably alone when I feel he needs a new mould too) then I will riot, I need all the new animals!!

Crookshanks

Padfoot

Fang

Fluffy

Errol (a dishevelled owl mould would be awesome)

Pygmy Puffs

Grindylow

Cornish Piskies

Demiguise (I know it’s FB, but still ?)

Unicorn (could easily just be a horse with a hole in its head, but I’d rather something entirely new)

30 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

If we don’t get a new Fang mould and a new Padfoot (yes I am probably alone when I feel he needs a new mould too) then I will riot, I need all the new animals!!

Crookshanks

Padfoot

Fang

Fluffy

Pygmy Puffs

Grindylow

Cornish Piskies

Unicorn (could easily just be a horse with a hole in its head, but I’d rather something entirely new)

This list is absolute perfection. And you are not alone in wanting a new Padfoot mold. He’s supposed to be an Irish wolfhound (massive) and none of the current dog molds come close to the right size for him. The only animal molds I would add to your list are:

Baby Thestral 

Fawkes w Outstretched Wings

Ron’s Terrier Patronus

Ukrainian Ironbelly (I’d love a totally molded dragon like Smaug, but I would settle for a new head mold)

Edited by sebastian666

Just now, sebastian666 said:

Baby Thestral 

100% agree with these 2, especially Fawkes

Ukrainian Ironbelly (I’d love a totally molded dragon like Smaug, but I would settle for a new head mold)

however this, I actually prefer the brickbuilt creatures for the big ones (I actually like the Horntail minus the head, definitely should’ve been a new mould instead a bird head)

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Crookshanks

Padfoot

Fang

Fluffy

Pygmy Puffs

Grindylow

Cornish Piskies

I agree about Crookshanks; the cat in the CMF just doesn't cut it for me. I would also like to get a Mrs Norris (seriously how could Lego separate Filch from his beloved cat ?) although she may not need a new mould just a recolour. A new Padfoot would also be extremely welcome along with a werewolf Lupin to complete the Marauders. I have the original Fluffy which I got last year after always wanting that set when it came out as a child and I have to say I think that is one mould that has aged pretty well. If Lego was to do Fluffy now though I get the feeling it would be brick built. A dishevelled owl mould would be good, but Errol is probably the lowest on my list as we have had several owls now. Pygmy Puffs I think are also worthy of a new mould, as we have now seen them in both the films and the Lego Harry Potter game and in my head they would be perfect for an inclusion in Diagon Alley and *fingers crossed* Weasleys' Wizard's Wheezes considering they are the creation of Fred and George. As for the Grindylow, I would love one along with a Selkie who have been a great candidate for a CMF spot from the start in my opinion. The original isn't bad, but the hairpiece could be a lot more wild and flowing, but regardless their price has gone up of late beyond what I'm willing to pay for a single figure right now when they may be remade. Cornish Pixies have been a must for me since the reboot; the COS scene with them for me was always very memorable and like the Merpeople I always thought they would make a good CMF inclusion. Demiguise is a very majestic creature and would make a nice inclusion, but is a bit more obscure to the wider Wizarding World audience I think and featured most prominently in a film that not unfortunately I can't see Lego going back to. And I can't see them doing the unicorn either unfortunately considering that we only see it in the films dead and being fed off.

To add to your extensive list a Salamander would be good, but it could just be a red version of the current lizard. Another Basilisk is also warranted (that thing on the Great Hall is not worthy in my opinion), but again I think that will be brick built. Kreacher would also be very welcome, but without getting all SPEW I'm not sure if people think of him as a creature (despite the name).

3 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

however this, I actually prefer the brickbuilt creatures for the big ones (I actually like the Horntail minus the head, definitely should’ve been a new mould instead a bird head)

I don’t really hate the Horntail either. I added one of the tail segments to its neck to elongate it and it looks more like a dragon and less like a bird of prey now. But I’d at least want a new head mold for the Ironbelly. 

I don’t really hate the Horntail either. I added one of the tail segments to its neck to elongate it and it looks more like a dragon and less like a bird of prey now. But I’d at least want a new head mold for the Ironbelly. 

Oh yeah, a new long mould for the Ironbelly is a must, it would be a disservice to the dragon if they don’t give it a new moulded head (if they do eventually do it)

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Another Basilisk is also warranted (that thing on the Great Hall is not worthy in my opinion), but again I think that will be brick built.

I definitely think the Basilisk should be brick built, kinda like the Occamy but chunkier and obviously without the wings and a new head mould, I think the inclusion of Riddle in the new book dashed any hope of a CoS set anytime soon though, unless they throw a huge curveball and only do Harry and the Basilisk and a small build for the head of Slytherin

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Kreacher would also be very welcome, but without getting all SPEW I'm not sure if people think of him as a creature

Whilst Kreacher is 100% a magical creature, I didn’t include him because he would be a minifigure just like Dobby, although I guess a Demiguise could be a minifigure like the 4 armed alien from one of the Star Wars films (I think it was R1 but cannot remember if it is or not)

52 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

If they made a prototype, then we are likely to get him at some point, right? Hopefully in a Forbidden Forest set with Draco and Harry (and a unicorn!) :wink:

Depends, sometimes Lego makes prototypes that never make it to the market like the bison for the older western sets, but I think the chance for Fang increases with the lifetime of the theme. Most likely in a forbidden forrest set like you say if he is not in the CMF. Apparently a Fawkes mould was planned to come with the GH, for some reason did not happen, but now we get him in the CMF a couple of years later :wink:

10 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I definitely think the Basilisk should be brick built, kinda like the Occamy but chunkier and obviously without the wings and a new head mould, I think the inclusion of Riddle in the new book dashed any hope of a CoS set anytime soon though, unless they throw a huge curveball and only do Harry and the Basilisk and a small build for the head of Slytherin

A small Chamber of Secrets set like this featuring a brick built Basilisk w a new head mould, a Fawkes w outstretched wings, Harry, Ginny, and a Head of Slytherin build would be perfect in my mind. Maybe LEGO would feel generous and even throw in a new mold for the Sword of Gryffindor.

A small Chamber of Secrets set like this featuring a brick built Basilisk w a new head mould, a Fawkes w outstretched wings, Harry, Ginny, and a Head of Slytherin build would be perfect in my mind. Maybe LEGO would feel generous and even throw in a new mold for the Sword of Gryffindor.

That sounds literally perfect, it would basically be the 2018 Aragog set but with the Basilisk instead, probably be a bit more expensive due to the snake needing more pieces than Aragog, but even still, I’d buy it

the sword I would have agreed with previously, but I have seen a new sword it’s long and has a flat round part at the end that could easily be printed to be the jewel of Gryffindor, just realised it’s from the 2020 CMF knight so I doubt it’d happen ?

17 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Demiguise is a very majestic creature and would make a nice inclusion, but is a bit more obscure to the wider Wizarding World audience I think and featured most prominently in a film that not unfortunately I can't see Lego going back to.

What are you talking about, there clearly was one included in Newt’s Case of Magical Creatures, you just didn’t look for it hard enough :head_back:

16 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

[...] although I guess a Demiguise could be a minifigure like the 4 armed alien from one of the Star Wars films (I think it was R1 but cannot remember if it is or not)

You mean Rio Durant from Solo? That could work, his design is pretty monkey-like after all :classic:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

You mean Rio Durant from Solo? That could work, his design is pretty monkey-like after all :classic:

Typical that it’s the film I didn’t think of lmao, yeah, that’s the guy ??

Thinking of the demiguise they could even do something similar to the Patronus for his invisible form, have him be clear plastic but with little silver speckles in because you can slightly see him when invisible in the film

There‘s only three problems with that:

1. His head mould is so IP-specific I doubt it they’d be allowed to use it anywhere else (then again, the equally IP-specific mould for the Dagger of Time has shown up as Tauriel‘s daggers in the Hobbit :shrug_oh_well:)
  2. The mould has those indents that allow a visor to be attached, which would probably look a bit awkward on a Demiguise
  3. Most importantly: his comlink is part of the mould, which makes it a useless piece for any character that isn‘t Rio or another Ardennian pilot :tongue:

There‘s only three problems with that:

1. His head mould is so IP-specific I doubt it they’d be allowed to use it anywhere else (then again, the equally IP-specific mould for the Dagger of Time has shown up as Tauriel‘s daggers in the Hobbit :shrug_oh_well:)
  2. The mould has those indents that allow a visor to be attached, which would probably look a bit awkward on a Demiguise
  3. Most importantly: his comlink is part of the mould, which makes it a useless piece for any character that isn‘t Rio or another Ardennian pilot :tongue:

Oh no, sorry, I worded that badly, I wasn’t saying that they should use his parts, he was just the only monkey type minifigure that I would say is roughly the same size as a demiguise that I could think of ?, I definitely think they’d do a new mould for his head

6 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Oh no, sorry, I worded that badly, I wasn’t saying that they should use his parts, he was just the only monkey type minifigure that I would say is roughly the same size as a demiguise that I could think of ?, I definitely think they’d do a new mould for his head

Whoops, my bad for falsely interpreting your comment :laugh: I definitely agree that something in that style could work. If house-elves can be done as short minifigs, so can a Demiguise :classic: Too bad FB gets no love from TLG anymore, not even the better-liked first one

Whoops, my bad for falsely interpreting your comment :laugh: I definitely agree that something in that style could work. If house-elves can be done as short minifigs, so can a Demiguise :classic: Too bad FB gets no love from TLG anymore, not even the better-liked first one

S’all good, haha, I know, it sucks so much, like there is so much that could be developed into a set, the final battle with Grindelwald/Graves, the American Ministry, the Dragon fight from CoG or a circus set with human Nagini to name a few, I would love to get more FB sets but I doubt it’ll happen unless the next film does well

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

What are you talking about, there clearly was one included in Newt’s Case of Magical Creatures, you just didn’t look for it hard enough :head_back:

Wait you're telling me Newt's Case has 695 pieces? False advertising Lego. ?

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

This list is absolute perfection. And you are not alone in wanting a new Padfoot mold. He’s supposed to be an Irish wolfhound (massive) and none of the current dog molds come close to the right size for him. The only animal molds I would add to your list are:

Baby Thestral 

Ron’s Terrier Patronus

Can definitely see any new HP dog moulds being reused in city sets, coming with CMFs, or popping up as recolours in PAB. Still assuming the bulldog and Aunt Marge have to be a thing somehow, some way. Would also very much like a Jack Russell and a wolfhound for my pack. 

The big reveal this week will be the Piano Ideas set, so I doubt that any of the remaining HP products will also be unveiled :sceptic: Hopefully we get to see the CMF series next week and the DA some time after that

I could see them making Pygmy Puffs using this mold instead of creating a whole new piece.  

32474.png

If the CMF isnt revealed this week or the next, then something weird is going on.

My guess is next Monday

Severam CMFs have been revealed on Monday

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The big reveal this week will be the Piano Ideas set, so I doubt that any of the remaining HP products will also be unveiled :sceptic: Hopefully we get to see the CMF series next week and the DA some time after that

I knew it! Every time it looks like we are getting the D2C DA reviled another big set pops up to steel the "next in line spot" :wall:
However with the VIP designer questions it can not be far away :hmpf:

2 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I knew it! Every time it looks like we are getting the D2C DA reviled another big set pops up to steel the "next in line spot" :wall:
However with the VIP designer questions it can not be far away :hmpf:

This was inevitable though since 21323 had been rumoured to be an August release for a while now; it being revealed before DA thus shouldn‘t come as a surprise :wink: What was surprising though was its identity (the Grand Piano rather than Sesame Street).

Besides, this week is SDCC, so any additional reveals that may occur this week should relate to that rather than HP.

...with the possible exception of the Hagrid & Buckbeak Brickheadz of course, if legofan_33 is to be believed

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ah pygmy puffs! Well at least we all know now probably not to expect it this week and after this week there can't be that many weeks remaining for them to reveal it.