Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

49 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

LegoFan_33 has posted info about the Hagrid Brickhead being revealed next week, taking it with several grains of salt. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah. I really don't see how it'd be only $15, Buckbeak is far too large to be a mini-Brickheadz.

1 hour ago, Surge said:

Where did the information that the VIP question thing was a one day only thing come from? I just checked and you can still ask questions.

The little invite text actually says “submit your question today” I suppose we all just took that literally - it’s also quite possible it really is only up for one day/the weekend, but that just means much more than 24 hours because they want to make sure all their fans around the world have an equal opportunity to notice it and submit questions. 

33 minutes ago, LEGOMotionStudios said:

Is there still no news regarding the US release of the summer sets?

No news. A LEGO store employee who was asked said there’s a possibility they won’t even be available by September 1. Which makes me worried about the D2C and CMF releases here... 

I recommend ordering the sets from Zavvi UK. The sets only cost a few dollars more than the US price, and they arrive in a few business days.

Edited by sebastian666

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Which makes me worried about the D2C and CMF releases here.

D2Cs and CMFs play by different rules than sets, as you're probably aware, around 3 D2Cs have been revealed and released since factories shut down, and CMFs still released despite current conditions. However, since HP is licensed, it could be different.:shrug_oh_well:

10 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

D2Cs and CMFs play by different rules than sets, as you're probably aware, around 3 D2Cs have been revealed and released since factories shut down, and CMFs still released despite current conditions. However, since HP is licensed, it could be different.:shrug_oh_well:

Well, the Mickey & Minnie D2C was licensed, and it came out on schedule, so I don't think we have much to worry about with when DA releases.

23 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

No news. A LEGO store employee who was asked said there’s a possibility they won’t even be available by September 1. Which makes me worried about the D2C and CMF releases here... 

I recommend ordering the sets from Zavvi UK. The sets only cost a few dollars more than the US price, and they arrive in a few business days.

Why would this be? If the sets have been released in the rest of the world idk what about the US specifically is making it difficult. Where are the Lego factories?

Just now, Modal said:

Why would this be? If the sets have been released in the rest of the world idk what about the US specifically is making it difficult. Where are the Lego factories?

Because the US gets their sets from the LEGO factories in Mexico which were closed for a fairly long time and screwed up the entire releaseschedule for the US

1 hour ago, Modal said:

US/Canada use different boxes , for example the parts count on the front of the box is mandatory there.

Different paper sizes for instructions  ,shown online as V39 (US/Canada Market) or V29 (Rest of the world)

Also there are different regulations on warnings like small parts / choking hazard etc.

So they can't just put European sets in US shops.

Also European market also still has some production backorders, particularly on newer, larger sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Because the US gets their sets from the LEGO factories in Mexico which were closed for a fairly long time and screwed up the entire releaseschedule for the US

27 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

US/Canada use different boxes , for example the parts count on the front of the box is mandatory there.

Different paper sizes for instructions  ,shown online as V39 (US/Canada Market) or V29 (Rest of the world)

Also there are different regulations on warnings like small parts / choking hazard etc.

So they can't just put European sets in US shops.

Also European market also still has some production backorders, particularly on newer, larger sets.

Damn, well as long as the D2C isn't affected I don't really mind. Only ordered the Hedwig set from this year's lineup

Yeah for the US peeps who haven’t got the sets, I highly recommend Zavvi, shipping is ridiculously quick, pricing is good and who knows for sure when the normal wave is coming out. As for Diagon Alley, I’m probably going to get it from LEGO, but unlike Barracuda Bay, I’m going to get express shipping this time around.

16 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

We did see a prototype great hall at a toy fair in 2018. A lot of stuff was missing in the final version. 

IK. I looked back on the toy fair videos earlier this year and the great hall would be so close to perfect if they kept those features. Like the tables flipping up or that join build that would let the staircase fulling extend and join with the castle.

Zavvi has been great but right now they only have one set I don’t have yet (Privet Drive) and I really would rather buy more than one at a time to consolidate that $10 shipping fee. Is anyone here able to get their hands on new copies of Hedwig, Privet Drive, and The Burrow and willing to sell privately to the US for retail price + whatever it costs to ship it?

1 hour ago, Tommy269 said:

IK. I looked back on the toy fair videos earlier this year and the great hall would be so close to perfect if they kept those features. Like the tables flipping up or that join build that would let the staircase fulling extend and join with the castle.

Just watch it and I didn't remember how unfinished it was with a lot of the parts being the wrong colour. What was the black thing with the print on it though? Not a lot chanced from this version but it looked like play details got removed for more recolours of parts but the ugly snake build wasn't revisited. Do lego do this anymore, show unfinished sets in the final stages? Seems very un-lego. 

1 minute ago, Micmac said:

Do lego do this anymore, show unfinished sets in the final stages? Seems very un-lego.

From what I remember we were never supposed to even see that version of the set, with one of the designers saying they were surprised that was the one brought to toy fair that year, so I don’t think it usually happens that way. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about any of this, it’s been so long :laugh_hard:

14 minutes ago, Micmac said:

Do lego do this anymore, show unfinished sets in the final stages? Seems very un-lego. 

They do it on occasion, but it's a very rare occurrence. In the last decade, the only times I can remember them doing it were:

A. The official set images of the 2010 HP sets used some prototype figures and elements.

B. The 2015 Minecraft sets at NYTF used prototype models (none of the new printed pieces were available).

C. The 2018 Great Hall, as prior mentioned.

Same as @Balrogofmorgoth, if anyone has a Hedwig that they could send to the US, I would gladly pay for it + shipping!

Edited by Modal

I just built the Hogwarts Students pack, Room of Requirement, Forbidden Forest, and Hedwig! Hedwig is a fantastic build and the wing flapping was pulled off very well- I’m quite impressed with the designer. The RoR is a great little set but I think I may modify it to cover up the trans blue pieces from the outside, as it doesn’t look very hidden with those showing. Grawp is a good build and the centaurs are smaller than I expected but the new leg piece is awesome! Overall I’m very happy with these so far, and I’m incredibly excited to get into Privet Drive and the Burrow on my next day off! 

5 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

From what I remember we were never supposed to even see that version of the set, with one of the designers saying they were surprised that was the one brought to toy fair that year, so I don’t think it usually happens that way. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about any of this, it’s been so long :laugh_hard:

Haha you make it sound like someone was packing up for the toy fair on a Friday night and couldn't find the right model and they saw that model on the shelf in the office and just thought 'That'll do.' Lol 

5 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

They do it on occasion, but it's a very rare occurrence. In the last decade, the only times I can remember them doing it were:

A. The official set images of the 2010 HP sets used some prototype figures and elements.

B. The 2015 Minecraft sets at NYTF used prototype models (none of the new printed pieces were available).

C. The 2018 Great Hall, as prior mentioned.

Didn't they show off a prototype Fang at a 2018 fair, not to the public, but in the non-public area. Or was it another year? Or have I remembered wrong? Like @Holden Brickfield says it's been so long now my memory is a little fuzzy.

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Didn't they show off a prototype Fang at a 2018 fair, not to the public, but in the non-public area. Or was it another year? Or have I remembered wrong? Like @Holden Brickfield says it's been so long now my memory is a little fuzzy.

I have never heard anything about a prototype Fang mold, but now I’m even sadder that we haven’t gotten one yet!

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Didn't they show off a prototype Fang at a 2018 fair, not to the public, but in the non-public area. Or was it another year? Or have I remembered wrong?

A prototype of Fang??? Does anyone else know about this? If they made a prototype, then we are likely to get him at some point, right? Hopefully in a Forbidden Forest set with Draco and Harry (and a unicorn!) :wink:

Edited by sebastian666

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

According to @TheRandomBlocker Fang was originally included in the Hagrid's Hut set and on display at the London Toy Fair, he was later cut (obivously).

That’s what I remember as well, he reported that Fang was included, or at least that he thought he was, from when he saw the sets displayed at Toy Fair

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

According to @TheRandomBlocker Fang was originally included in the Hagrid's Hut set and on display at the London Toy Fair, he was later cut (obivously).

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s what I remember as well, he reported that Fang was included, or at least that he thought he was, from when he saw the sets displayed at Toy Fair

Mostly correct, there was a dog (originally) in the Hagrid’s Hut set labelled Fang, but it wasn’t a prototype, it was the normal dog piece (used for German Shepherds etc), obviously if we get Fang he’ll be a new piece, but at the time they hadn’t made one

I’m sure we’ll see Fang before the theme ends, especially with how useful a new dog piece would be for Lego City ☺️