Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Not all figures really need an accesory. I'm fine with her not having an accesory if she comes with a brand new hair/hat mold

And if she has to have an accessory, any exotic looking plant will do

59 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here's some more info on the builds of the sets:

Room of Requirement: 3 walls that can be folded out to form 1 long wall, 1 of the walls has a fireplace. The set itself can't be connected to Hogwarts so some modification is required

The Forbidden Forest: Grawp is build similairly to Ares from Wonder Woman. The Centaurs are ''minifigure torso's on a new horse body mold''

Escape from Privet Drive: the house has a fireplace, cupboard and Harry's bedroom. Some sources are saying Fred and George are included instead of Ron and Dobby

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower: includes the Astronomy classroom (top of the tower), Ravenclaw common room and Slughorn's office. There may be more figures than we currently know of, this is not confirmed. It's possibly the largest Hogwarts extension to date

Hedwig: Hedwig is 25 cm wide and is built with open wings. There's a Harry Potter figure included, possibly an exclusive 

Advent Calendar: comes with a few exclusive figures. Price might be higher than last year

CMF: European price will be 4 euro, the US still has the $5 price

EDIT: all of this info is reliable as it comes from Stonewars

We just logged in here to clarify some things, that maybe got lost in the translation and give an update on one small thing:

The most important update is: There might be a way to connect the Room of Requirement to Hogwarts. We figured it made no sense in such a small set, but now we heard that there might be Technic pins to connect it anyway. If this is "intended" or just "possible": We just don't know yet.

Other than that: All of the information is third hand, so there might be smaller mistakes in the interieur and stuff like that.

About the figures: We heard different things from some people, but most of our information about that is the stuff from Lucky Bricks on instagram. So please stick to the figures they listed in the discussion.

Concerning the Hedwig model: It is said to be 25 cm wide with spread wings, but wasn't shown to the retailers, it was just told about. So it is probably quite small and not as big as the Star Wars characters. We are not sure at all about the Harry Potter figure included, because it's only one single source. So please take that (and probably even the price) with a grain of salt.

30 minutes ago, Batsy said:

Also the figures included are still just speculation, they heard rumours that other figures might be included aswell.

Edit: Concerning this: The figures we have mainly listed are not a speculation, but were shown to retailers in Nurmberg, who posted about them on instagram. Our other information is older and therefore probably not correct. And keep in mind: LEGO has alway changed stuff over the time until the final release is there.

Edited by StoneWarsDE

So is Hedwig the mystery $40 set (possibly a store exclusive, and obviously not a playset)?

Does that mean that the D2C could still be a playset such as Diagon Alley?

3 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

So is Hedwig the mystery $40 set (possibly a store exclusive, and obviously not a playset)?

As far as we know there is no D2C. It’s not impossible but we haven’t heard anything about one

7 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Most likely not a retailer exclusive. 

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

As far as we know there is no D2C. It’s not impossible but we haven’t heard anything about one

There is still a D2C listed on Jedi JAC Penguin's website.  Are they legit?

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Most likely not a retailer exclusive. 

Good to know, thanks.  Not that I will be spending my money on a giant Hedwig, anyway.  I have enough to save for!  :laugh:

Just now, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Do you think in 2021 they will make 20th anniversary sets for Harry Potter Like they did for Star wars

I think they should, Harry Potter is a cultural phenomenon just like Star Wars. 

Just now, RogueTwo said:

There is still a D2C listed on Jedi JAC Penguin's website.  Are they legit?

That must be new, I hadn’t seen that. No one has heard anything else about a D2C to my knowledge, but maybe he knows something we don’t? I guess it’s up in the air right now then

I didn't expect more info so soon. A buildable Hedwig sounds pretty logical considering the busts and/or helmets in the other themes. I assume it will also come with a small Hedwig, which by chance is rumored to have a new mold with its wings spread as well. But I really hope Harry won't be an exclusive in that set, I really don't have any interest in something like a bust.

The astronomy tower sounds pretty great. I hope the astronomy room does somewhat resemble the actual movie location (unlike DATDA last year). The Ravenclaw common room would be very nice, although I would've expected a slytherin one or a better gryffindor one sooner. It's inclusion, and the rumored extra figures, makes me wonder if we'll see the Grey Lady in this set. Slughorns office would be nice, although I kinda wanted it to be Umbridge her office. I will probably need to buy some friends sets to build my own. I'm really happy about the greenhouse.

The rooms in Privet Drive sound a little bit odd. It's about the same as in 2002 which had always bothered me since basically every room in the house was Harry's. Which doesn't really mirror the actual place very well. Kinda wanted another bedroom for vernon and petunia and some large family painting above the fire place. Could still technically happen ofcourse, but not likely. The Fred and George rumor makes way more sense and makes me believe dobby and Ron were just placeholders. If Ginny is an extra in the astronomy tower that would greatly expand the weasley family.

The room of requirements still sounds like a mystery. I still hope the fireplace might have a Sirius face. I wonder how it connects. Perhaps the folding walls help displaying the castle better.

Grawp being like Ares surprises me in such a cheap set. I really expected something like Groot and Steppenwolf.

Just now, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Do you think in 2021 they will make 20th anniversary sets for Harry Potter Like they did for Star wars

I don't think so. Star wars has been a continues wave, while Harry Potter has been on and off. Besides what would they make? There's nothing they could do to make them stand out from the amazing regular sets. And we are already getting remakes of old sets. Besides I don't think anyone is really waiting for yellow Harry Potter figures, besides it would be a waste of prints and molds considering most of the old molds are likely out of production.

3 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

No. The Star Wars 20th anniversary wave was to celebrate 20 years of LEGO Star Wars, LEGO HP hasn't released sets every year for 20 years

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

So you and your brother are Fred and George? If you guys are twins as well that would be awesome :laugh_hard:

Not twins but we were named after them

i don’t really know what they are going to do with the Weasley figures because most of the ones for 2010/2011 still hold up very well and i don’t think they could do better

5 minutes ago, RAMcGonagall said:

I think they should, Harry Potter is a cultural phenomenon just like Star Wars. 

It doesn't matter if a theme's source material is a ''cultural phenomenon'' or not. The 20th anniversary wave for Star Wars celebrated 20 years of LEGO SW releases, what would Harry Potter do? Celebrate 3 years, I don't think so

Besides, Jurassic Park didn't get anything for their 25th anniversary. Why? Because the LEGO theme didn't release sets for 25 straight years

17 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope the Umbridge and Slughorn figures aren’t the same as the Bricktober versions. I hope they are variants to some degree

They won’t be the same 

I’m also very curious as to what versions of Luna were going to get. I hope the AT doesn’t include the same HBP version as the CMF. Since it includes the common room, I would expect her Ravenclaw robes in that set. Maybe the sweater from the Cho CMF in the ROR set?

17 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I really hope the Umbridge and Slughorn figures aren’t the same as the Bricktober versions. I hope they are variants to some degree

Probably Umbridge will have a new torso print and Slughorn will at least probably have his distinctive hat.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m also very curious as to what versions of Luna were going to get. I hope the AT doesn’t include the same HBP version as the CMF. Since it includes the common room, I would expect her Ravenclaw robes in that set. Maybe the sweater from the Cho CMF in the ROR set?

I think the Astronomy Tower Luna will be based in the Slug's Club Christmas party, so she should come with her dress. Probably the ROR one has her with the ravenclaw robes. 

I also want to point out that I think a lot of us would find it very odd if we went another year without a new HP polybag

Just now, RAMcGonagall said:

I think the Astronomy Tower Luna will be based in the Slug's Club Christmas party, so she should come with her dress. Probably the ROR one has her with the ravenclaw robes. 

That’s definitely possible but then I feel like everyone in the AT will have to be in their slug party clothes which I would not prefer

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Here's some more info on the builds of the sets:

Room of Requirement: 3 walls that can be folded out to form 1 long wall, 1 of the walls has a fireplace. The set itself can't be connected to Hogwarts so some modification is required

The Forbidden Forest: Grawp is build similairly to Ares from Wonder Woman. The Centaurs are ''minifigure torso's on a new horse body mold''

Escape from Privet Drive: the house has a fireplace, cupboard and Harry's bedroom. Some sources are saying Fred and George are included instead of Ron and Dobby

Hogwarts Astronomy Tower: includes the Astronomy classroom (top of the tower), Ravenclaw common room and Slughorn's office. There may be more figures than we currently know of, this is not confirmed. It's possibly the largest Hogwarts extension to date

Hedwig: Hedwig is 25 cm wide and is built with open wings. There's a Harry Potter figure included, possibly an exclusive 

Advent Calendar: comes with a few exclusive figures. Price might be higher than last year

CMF: European price will be 4 euro, the US still has the $5 price

EDIT: all of this info is reliable as it comes from Stonewars

1 hour ago, Batsy said:

Hi, I'm new to this discussion. I'm fluent in German and there's some more information Stonewars has provided that hasn't been shared here yet.

The Astronomy Tower will also include the Greenhouse. Also the figures included are still just speculation, they heard rumours that other figures might be included aswell. 

Added to these sets that we now have information on, there also might be some more sets we don't know about just yet, similar to last year's later released wave.

1 hour ago, StoneWarsDE said:

We just logged in here to clarify some things, that maybe got lost in the translation and give an update on one small thing:

The most important update is: There might be a way to connect the Room of Requirement to Hogwarts. We figured it made no sense in such a small set, but now we heard that there might be Technic pins to connect it anyway. If this is "intended" or just "possible": We just don't know yet.

Other than that: All of the information is third hand, so there might be smaller mistakes in the interieur and stuff like that.

About the figures: We heard different things from some people, but most of our information about that is the stuff from Lucky Bricks on instagram. So please stick to the figures they listed in the discussion.

Concerning the Hedwig model: It is said to be 25 cm wide with spread wings, but wasn't shown to the retailers, it was just told about. So it is probably quite small and not as big as the Star Wars characters. We are not sure at all about the Harry Potter figure included, because it's only one single source. So please take that (and probably even the price) with a grain of salt.

Edit: Concerning this: The figures we have mainly listed are not a speculation, but were shown to retailers in Nurmberg, who posted about them on instagram. Our other information is older and therefore probably not correct. And keep in mind: LEGO has alway changed stuff over the time until the final release is there.

Thanks for the info!
Greenhouse is great to get :sweet:
Most of this info comes from the toy fair and we know from experience that sets shown there are not exactly what we will get. E.g. Fang was there, but did not come in the set, the GH ended up being smaller, a new part was not in the set and Mcgonagall did not have the dress piece etc..
So new parts and figs may not be ready for the fair or they may have a stand in.. F/G is better to get than Ron/Dobby, but that is a strange stand in, maybe we get all 4 :tongue:
The Hedwig set is probably to get even more HP fans hooked on Lego:laugh:

32 minutes ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Nope, have no use for yellow old HP figs now :wink:

Ofcourse we're already very lucky to have descriptions of all the sets but with (blurry) pictures of 3 Ninjago and 1 Star Wars set already being leaked I really hope we'll see the HP pictures leak soon too!

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I also want to point out that I think a lot of us would find it very odd if we went another year without a new HP polybag

Definitely, a polybag with a fig and there patronus would be a no brainer :wink:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The German youtuber who first divulged some details talked about "a large set" that they were informed about at Nuremberg. Sounds like a D2C to me :shrug_oh_well:

Amidst all these great news, we also have bad news, courtesy of promobricks.de: As suspected, the CMF series only has 16 figures. Looks like FB got shafted :distressed: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94059/

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

The German youtuber who first divulged some details talked about "a large set" that they were informed about at Nuremberg. Sounds like a D2C to me :shrug_oh_well:

Amidst all these great news, we also have bad news, courtesy of promobricks.de: As suspected, the CMF series only has 16 figures. Looks like FB got shafted :distressed: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-harry-potter-neuheiten-spielwarenmesse/94059/

Figured as much. Oh well. Maybe once the films become relevant again