Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Surely a POA Hermione included in a DA set would have to be wearing the striped sweater included with the Hermione minifigure in the Hogwarts Express set? She doesn't wear anything else in DA in POA does she? If they include tan mid legs with the figure it would be more accurate, but both her and the Harry minifigures would be wasted slots for me considering you can easily source her POA hair and tan mid legs and mod the current figure.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Surely a POA Hermione included in a DA set would have to be wearing the striped sweater included with the Hermione minifigure in the Hogwarts Express set? She doesn't wear anything else in DA in POA does she? If they include tan mid legs with the figure it would be more accurate, but both her and the Harry minifigures would be wasted slots for me considering you can easily source her POA hair and tan mid legs and mod the current figure.

I agree, I disliked the Hogwarts Castle D2C for being microscale but the absence of Harry, Ron and Hermione was a big positive

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I agree, I disliked the Hogwarts Castle D2C for being microscale but the absence of Harry, Ron and Hermione was a big positive

Oh yes, the microscale disappointment was definitely tempered by those founder figures.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect there to be no Harry, Ron and Hermione (it would be weird if they weren't considering they are the main characters and DA will hopefully be a 'play' set), but I would just like new variants of them. Of course we may well be getting more than one set of the trio in the set to go with different films so the POA figures may well be there to get the numbers up.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

King_nono is now channeling his inner Riddler (or Gollum) and posted another hint in the form of a riddle :head_back:

So we have our first minifig rumour for the D2C, Hermione with her time-turner :thumbup: 

My guess would be that the figs in the set are from different movies regarding that hint. So we get some figs from every time the movies was in DA :wink:

12 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

My guess would be that the figs in the set are from different movies regarding that hint. So we get some figs from every time the movies was in DA :wink:

That would be great, if they kept to one movie the designers would have very limited things to include.

8 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Given that in kingnono’s post the time turner inscription in preceded by the phrase “it seems that a time traveler went through Diagon Alley” I’m inclined to favor this interpretation of the hint more than the idea of it referring to a single character. And it’s hardly a really surprising hint - I think we’ve all always been expecting the Diagon Alley D2C to feature multiple movies like the Hogwarts Castle D2C or the UCS Millennium Falcon.   

7 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Given that in kingnono’s post the time turner inscription in preceded by the phrase “it seems that a time traveler went through Diagon Alley” I’m inclined to favor this interpretation of the hint more than the idea of it referring to a single character. And it’s hardly a really surprising hint - I think we’ve all always been expecting the Diagon Alley D2C to feature multiple movies like the Hogwarts Castle D2C or the UCS Millennium Falcon.   

I'd say that is a correct interpretation, although like you say, I don't think it really adds anything to what we would expect Lego to do with the minifigures and have some from various movies.

With vague hints like that it‘s always hard to decide how literally you want to interpret them :laugh: The ‚anachronism‘ interpretation makes sense, but wouldn‘t it be ‚time travellers‘ then? Unless there‘s only one anachronistic character :tongue:

Of course it could also hint towards us getting our one and only, well not only there are a ton of them now, time lord, the War Doctor, played by John Hurt, aka Olivander. Kingnono actually responded with a ":)" when I jokingly proposed that idea.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Of course it could also hint towards us getting our one and only, well not only there are a ton of them now, time lord, the War Doctor, played by John Hurt, aka Olivander. Kingnono actually responded with a ":)" when I jokingly proposed that idea.

That‘s another option of course, didn‘t think of that! Ollivander being included is pretty much guaranteed, you simply cannot release a DA set in good conscience and leave out Ollivander‘s :grin: Is there potential for a different variant of him though? I know his appearance in DH is quite different, but that wouldn‘t make sense for a DA set. Maybe it‘s his HBP version with a bag over his head :laugh_hard:

I guess they could do a different face print maybe? Some leg printing would also be good. 

21 hours ago, Legoniche said:

Maybe you guys are right- I don’t want to be too hopeful and be disappointed ? to be honest tho, I’m really getting this set for the set and not the figs, providing it’s not micro scale aha.

I’d atleast expect it to come with yr 1/2 Harry, yr 2 Hermione, yr 2 Ron, 2 goblins, hagrid, ollivander, Fred, George, Lockhart, Lucius, Draco yr 2, molly, Arthur, Ginny 

thats 15

But since we DO get Fred and George- they might pull a death star and add in yr 6 Harry, yr 6 Hermione, yr 6 Ron, yr 6 Ginny, yr 6 Draco, narcissa, bellatrix, fenrir, 

thats 23

add in a couple wizard/ witch shopkeepers and you have 25

but obviously that spiraled drastically and I’m being dramatically hopeful. The first 15 sound good 

Maybe I was incorrect with the number but yano

Part of me hopes they'll take this opportunity to give us some lesser known characters or just made-up wizards with really unique prints

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Part of me hopes they'll take this opportunity to give us some lesser known characters or just made-up wizards with really unique prints

I would love to get characters like Dedalus Diggle and Florean Fortescue :D

After the Mario and Wonder Woman set pics, images of the upcoming Minecraft sets have also surfaced. Maybe there‘s a chance HP pics could show up very soon too :moar: Bring them on!

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

After the Mario and Wonder Woman set pics, images of the upcoming Minecraft sets have also surfaced. Maybe there‘s a chance HP pics could show up very soon too :moar: Bring them on!

The Minecraft-Sets (July-Release) are already listed at Smyth-Toys to preorder

3 minutes ago, thenudeorganist said:

I would love to get characters like Dedalus Diggle and Florean Fortescue :D

Me too! Imo a $400 D2C should have characters that are very cool to get for the fans but not essential just like the Hogwarts Founders. If you bought the castle it's very cool to have them but if you don't (like me) you're not missing out on essential characters).

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Just thinking about seeing these sets (and Jurassic and Marvel) soon is incredibly exciting. And it looks like there really are some hidden gems this year: wasn't hyped for the WW84 set at all but it's fantastic and even though I'm not a big fan of the Minecraft theme those redstone golems look really cool!

Its Happening The Office GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It’s odd that so far the hints seem to point at a POA theme for Diagon Alley, which is surprising since, other than the Leaky Cauldron, DA isn’t featured very prominently in POA. I would expect SS, COS, HBP, or even DH for Gringotts. POA is a weird option, although I suppose like people have been saying, it could include elements from multiple films. I just find it odd that some POA minifigs are included. The upside to this is maybe we’ll get Tom? I do hope most of the figures are based on the later films though. Ollivander is a given, although I hope he has something to distinguish him from the other one. It would be great if it was a DH version

8 minutes ago, TurboTj-DK said:

The Pictures are out there. We are getting closer *wink wink*

Any clues as to how many times we'd have to turn a Time Turner? ?

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy to discover this discussion 'cause this is very nice and interesting to read all of your comments...

At first, I would like to say : "Sorry for my bad English, I'm french. I don't speech English very well" but I try. And I will try to do my best aswell.....

In your opinion, are LUPIN and TONKS possible to be in the eventual burrow set in summer ?

Thanks

Just now, BRIX LIFE said:

In your opinion, are LUPIN and TONKS possible to be in the eventual burrow set in summer ?

They have been hinted at but nothing has been confirmed, just like the Burrow itself

Just now, BRIX LIFE said:

Hi everyone,

I'm very happy to discover this discussion 'cause this is very nice and interesting to read all of your comments...

At first, I would like to say : "Sorry for my bad English, I'm french. I don't speech English very well" but I try. And I will try to do my best aswell.....

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. :excited:

Your English is very good. Better than my French!

I think they are possible, and a Tonks minifigure has been hinted at by a leaker. She may be in a Burrow set or maybe even the CMF, but we don't actually have 100% confirmation we are getting a Burrow set. Lupin we are not so sure about, but as he is already in the Hogwarts Express he is maybe not as essential.

Edited by BacktoBricks

"he's back"  guess Fudge is in Diagon alley too.

if there is a Gringotts that would be a decent way to get Bill Weasley

Edited by deskp