Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, Yaxley said:

O co dokładnie chodzi ? Planowana jest nowa gra lego ? 

English please!

Just finished building Diagon Alley (approximately 10-12 hours over the course of 3 days) and it's definetely my favorite set ever. Really wanted to display it in it's entire 1 meter long form so I bought a headboard to attach to the end of my bed :tongue: Already filled the alley and the shop's interiors with both custom and existing figures, now just waiting for the CMF so I can add even more! 

Screenshot_55.png

Screenshot_56.png

Even though there's no way I can actually display it like this I really love this look: 

Screenshot_57.png

Hi, new here, but lurk sometimes.  I also got that weird generic order delay email from LEGO.  I ordered my DA at about 9:30pm PST on the 31st, so I’d say I got in very early.  When I got excited, and ordered that early, I completely forgot about the GWP but I still ended up getting it included in my order.  I’m in Vancouver Canada.  

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Is anyone elses CMF order from MinifigureMadness now listed as 'on hold'? 

Yes.

29 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Mine is also in hold. I never checked the status before though so I don't know if that has changed. But it makes sense to me because my original e-mail confirmation said it would ship on or before September 18th. So it seems reasonable that it would be on hold at this point.

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

23 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Yes.

What was MinifigureMadness? (an opportunity missed by me most likely).  I have an 'In Warehouse' order for 10 CMF figures along with some of the other HP sets. Don't know if I will be put in 'hold' yet along with you or not (madness free!?)

Some interesting stuff regarding the design process for DA:

- The original version of the set only included 4 shops, they later decided to include more of them and scale down the ones they already made

- They ended up putting more figures in the set than originally planned

Especially the second bit of info seems rather strange, considering the lackluster amount of figures is one of the complaints I see literally everywhere 

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

- The original version of the set only included 4 shops, they later decided to include more of them and scale down the ones they already made

Especially the second bit of info seems rather strange, considering the lackluster amount of figures is one of the complaints I see literally everywhere 

Pretty sure most of the figure complaints is the choice of figures and not the number.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Well, us AFOLs are almost always complaining about too few figures aren't we? :laugh:

I'd love more figures too. But anyone who is surprised by the number of minifigures can't have been paying much attention to what LEGO usually does for D2C sets. How many sets have more than 15 minifigures? The ones that spring to mind are Death Star, Ewok Village, Ninjago City plus the upcoming Mos Eisley (may be more though). 

Just now, doclord said:

Pretty sure most of the figure complaints is the choice of figures and not the number.

For me its more of the number. Its not bad, but for a set of that size, there is not even enough figures for each shop. In my mind there should have either been 3 more figs specific to the shops they didnt include, or 3 more random peeps to help populate the shops and street. Aside from that, I have no complaints. Would have been very disappointed if they had included fewer. And I dont count a second Harry in one set, and some partial displays in the figure count.

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Did anyone else just get a disappointing email from LEGO addressing the delay of their Diagon Alley shipping? This is a bit ridiculous. It’s now five days after ordering and it’s not like the set is even back ordered in the US yet. I wonder what is going on. Here’s what my email says...

Dear sebastian,

Thanks for your recent LEGO® order T3606Xxxxx.

We know you’re waiting for it to arrive on your doorstep and the good news is it’s now reached our warehouse team. We wanted to let you know that our warehouse teams are following additional safety guidelines and we’re receiving a high volume of orders.

We’re working hard to get your delivery to you as quickly as possible and you’ll receive another email once your order’s left our warehouse.

The following products will be shipped soon:

40412 Hagrid™ & Buckbeak™ V39

75978 Diagon Alley™ V39

Thanks again for your order and we hope you have fun building!

Weird. Seems to be a bit of a norm. I wonder if something happened in the warehouse in the last day or two... I ordered on the 31st the second it became available. I got my shipped email on the 2nd. 

I really don’t get the minifigs complaint myself, I think we got most of the essentials. Could we got an Arthur and a couple of random shoppers, sure but you can always make the shoppers yourself. I think the only thing that they could of done better is with the trio having their respective sweaters under their cloaks like Hermoine’s blue sweater. But the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch uniforms and the PS Harry definitely make up for it imo, they could have just given us Slytherin and Gryffindor robes but I’m happy they went out of their way. And that Lockhart minifig is the bomb. 

Edited by RODDY

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I really don’t get the minifigs complaint myself, I think we got most of the essentials. Could we got an Arthur and a couple of random shoppers, sure but you can always make the shoppers yourself. I think the only thing that they could of done better is with the trio having their respective sweaters under their cloaks like Hermoine’s blue sweater. But the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw Quidditch uniforms and the PS Harry definitely make up for it imo, they could have just given us Slytherin and Gryffindor robes but I’m happy they went out of their way. And that Lockhart minifig is the bomb. 

I agree. While I was hoping to get Rita(once we saw she wasn’t in the CMF)-she would make for a great minifig print. I think we all just hyped ourselves up too much on who might be there & how many there would be. I’m quite happy with the selection. And seeing the Mos Eisley Cantina has 21....but they’re a whole other ballgame. 

Well, looks like mine has shipped when I check my account now.  Meaning a label has been made with Fedex. Should arrive by the 9th hopefully.  No email from LEGO yet though.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

where is this info from?

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Weird. Seems to be a bit of a norm. I wonder if something happened in the warehouse in the last day or two... I ordered on the 31st the second it became available. I got my shipped email on the 2nd. 

I ordered mine the second it became available as well, so soon I didnt get the GWP! I got the same email at 9:24pm last night for both of my orders that I placed.

My pre-orders that shipped out on the 1st, aren't arriving until the 8th and 9th, so with this not shipping out yet, I don't think I will be seeing DA until the middle of the month or later! Bummer, but safety comes first!

But to those who have stores open, or got there shipments already, the pics look great! Jealous!

41 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I agree. While I was hoping to get Rita(once we saw she wasn’t in the CMF)-she would make for a great minifig print. I think we all just hyped ourselves up too much on who might be there & how many there would be. I’m quite happy with the selection. And seeing the Mos Eisley Cantina has 21....but they’re a whole other ballgame. 

Even in comparison to Mos Eisley, the Cantina has a bunch of repeat figs with three biths, two sand troopers, a jawa, the core heroes, the droids, Greedo, and Wuher. There is 7 new figs that needed some of the budget which is fantastic for Star Wars but in DA, every one of the 17 fig needed something new besides Hagrid, whenever it be hair piece recolors or new torsos. And there are a good amount of new pieces in DA like the wand box where the Cantina so far really doesn’t have any unique pieces. Both awesome sets, not a slight against any of them, just a comparison. Like you said maybe we overhyped them a bit, but honestly DA has outblown my expectations especially the build.

Edited by RODDY

Just now, KilZol said:

Do D2C sets like Diagon Alley ever get discounts on the lego store.

Once in a blue moon. IMO the official LEGO Store & S@H are the last places you'll want to look for good deals.

8 minutes ago, RODDY said:

where the Cantina so far really doesn’t have any unique pieces

ponda baba has a new head

8 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Did anyone else just get a disappointing email from LEGO addressing the delay of their Diagon Alley shipping? This is a bit ridiculous. It’s now five days after ordering and it’s not like the set is even back ordered in the US yet. I wonder what is going on. Here’s what my email says...

Dear sebastian,

Thanks for your recent LEGO® order T3606Xxxxx.

We know you’re waiting for it to arrive on your doorstep and the good news is it’s now reached our warehouse team. We wanted to let you know that our warehouse teams are following additional safety guidelines and we’re receiving a high volume of orders.

We’re working hard to get your delivery to you as quickly as possible and you’ll receive another email once your order’s left our warehouse.

The following products will be shipped soon:

40412 Hagrid™ & Buckbeak™ V39

75978 Diagon Alley™ V39

Thanks again for your order and we hope you have fun building!

So I got this email at 9:21pm last night and then at about 2ish today I noticed it shipped on my account.  Now just got the email from LEGO to say it shipped.  Arrival shows,with Fedex, as September 9th.  Hope this gives others hope.

7 minutes ago, Surge said:

ponda baba has a new head

I was talking about pieces for the build of the set, not new minifigs parts. 

17 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I ordered mine the second it became available as well, so soon I didnt get the GWP! I got the same email at 9:24pm last night for both of my orders that I placed.

My pre-orders that shipped out on the 1st, aren't arriving until the 8th and 9th, so with this not shipping out yet, I don't think I will be seeing DA until the middle of the month or later! Bummer, but safety comes first!

But to those who have stores open, or got there shipments already, the pics look great! Jealous!

You didn’t get a separate order for the Brickheadz? I got it out of nowhere sometime the following day. I’ve been doing the same, looking at pictures of people who already got & built them. I just can’t look too long, it’s too painful. :grin:

10 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Even in comparison to Mos Eisley, the Cantina has a bunch of repeat figs with three biths, two sand troopers, a jawa, the core heroes, the droids, Greedo, and Wuher. There is 7 new figs that needed some of the budget which is fantastic for Star Wars but in DA, every one of the 17 fig needed something new besides Hagrid, whenever it be hair piece recolors or new torsos. And there are a good amount of new pieces in DA like the wand box where the Cantina so far really doesn’t have any unique pieces. Both awesome sets, not a slight against any of them, just a comparison. Like you said maybe we overhyped them a bit, but honestly DA has outblown my expectations especially the build.

True, a lot of repeats there. But I wonder if any of them will have new/updated prints...

i took a look at some other big sets for comparison, for the sake of comoarison. 

Welcome to Apocalypseburg! is $300-13 minifigs-3119 pieces

Ninjago City $300-17-4854

Assembly Square $280-9-4001

Death Star(2016) $500-27-4010

AS certainly falls flat in terms of minifigs, but piece count is nice there. Looking at Apocalypseburg, feel cheated in the minifigs department there, but that many more pieces for $100 is definitely great. Ninjago City...feels like a bit of a cheat when it comes to minifigs. Then, Death Star, fantastic in terms of pieces(this suffers the same as Mos Eisley in minifigs). 

As you said at the end, that’s what really matters to me. I love minifgs as much as the next guy, but the set itself is what should be the standout. And this delivers everywhere. It’s a building toy after all.