Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

As a consequence of ordering DA when it became available for purchase before midnight EST (jumping the gun on my part in hindsight :roflmao:) the GWP did not get added to my order, but I called customer service this morning and they sorted it all out for me, so I’ll be getting those BrickHeadz after all :grin:

5 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

For those trying to grab it in store - I got to my store an hour early (Tyson's VA) and I'm third in line ?

Best of luck Yeti!  Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story.

4 minutes ago, more awesomer said:

Best of luck Yeti!  Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story.

Seems like it'll be mostly stress-free since I see at least 6 boxes sitting on the counter through the window ?. There's like 7 people in line now with 40 min to go.

They already have it on display and it looks stunning. As with most LEGO sets, the pictures just don't compare to the real thing.

https://ibb.co/G3kXPh4

9 minutes ago, dyl-and said:

Does anyone know if the lime green book in the AT is any specific book?

It's from divination

6 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Seems like it'll be mostly stress-free since I see at least 6 boxes sitting on the counter through the window ?. There's like 7 people in line now with 40 min to go.

They already have it on display and it looks stunning. As with most LEGO sets, the pictures just don't compare to the real thing.

Best of luck to Lucius trying to prevent Draco committing suicide :tongue:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was thinking the same thing ???

How are people getting on with feeling packets in shops? Got told by a security member (Smyths, Romford) it wasn't allowed after 30 minutes despite shop staff watching for the whole time... eight out of sixteen figures collected for now!

On 8/24/2020 at 10:49 PM, BacktoBricks said:

That's great! :pir-skel:

Just built GH - lovely set, but purchased second hand so some small pieces missing. Hilariously, and annoyingly, however, the house flags are all upside down... :grin::ugh:

27 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

For those trying to grab it in store - I got to my store an hour early (Tyson's VA) and I'm third in line ?

Tyson's is such a long mall, but I've been to their LEGO store a few times (mostly for BAM) and it's so nice! Really wish there was one in southern VA too

20 minutes ago, The Real Walkers said:

Just built GH - lovely set, but purchased second hand so some small pieces missing. Hilariously, and annoyingly, however, the house flags are all upside down... :grin::ugh:

Oh no! Pity that didn't 'flag up' before they stuck the stickers down. :wink:

34 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Thanks for sharing! I don't have a store near me so I never get to see these displays.

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The minifigures seem weirdly placed; I'm assuming most are on the inside, but why squeeze a twin next to Florean when you have the whole street? It looks very sparse which is not a good display IMO. Someone must have been having a laugh when they placed Lucius and Draco though. :laugh:

I placed my order last night. I'm anxiously waiting to see when it ships. I took my birthday (Sept 9) off to build so I hope it arrives by then. I spent last night shopping for generic looking witch & wizard figures to populate it. I also got some 8x16 baseplates to expand the cobblestone as someone here mentioned earlier. I'm SO excited for this set!

Edited by diagonalley

Got it!!! They also had CMF Series 2 in full sets of 16, pre felt-out, so I had to pick that up as well. It was super convenient. I had a pre-order from MinifiguresPlus for a box but I'm going to cancel that.

14 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

What is everybody's experience with express shipping? Does it get there on time or is it delayed as normal orders are normally?  

I tried it out this time hoping for it to be shipped today so it can arrive tomorrow already, but it doesn't seem like it works out. The thing that bothers me most is that both of the Munich stores still have DA in stock ? So getting up earlier and take the car ride wouldn't have been painful at all. For the moment, I can't really recommend it ? Nevertheless, the fact that it'll be shipped via DHL instead of DPD is still an advantage. 

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

The minifigures seem weirdly placed; I'm assuming most are on the inside, but why squeeze a twin next to Florean when you have the whole street? It looks very sparse which is not a good display IMO. Someone must have been having a laugh when they placed Lucius and Draco though. :laugh:

I have no idea why they didn't display all of the minifigs in the front because you can't even see the back from inside the store ?

Does anyone know if the polybag will become available to purchase after the GWP is over? I'd hate to miss out on a Polybag because of exclusivity

2 hours ago, Holden Brickfield said:

As a consequence of ordering DA when it became available for purchase before midnight EST (jumping the gun on my part in hindsight :roflmao:) the GWP did not get added to my order, but I called customer service this morning and they sorted it all out for me, so I’ll be getting those BrickHeadz after all :grin:

Same thing happened to me! I ended up placing another order to get one for my daughters, not sure I want to call and wait for an hour for Customer Service to get another!

17 minutes ago, Bowtruckle44 said:

Does anyone know if the polybag will become available to purchase after the GWP is over? I'd hate to miss out on a Polybag because of exclusivity

At least in Austria and Germany it’s available in other stores for 3.99€.

Got my copy of the Alley this morning. Don't know whether to start right now or wait for the weekend! I'll get the Hogwarts students pack and the CMF next time I go to the LEGO Store.

My store had about 30 copies of DA, and we were a dozen of people when the store opened.

41 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I tried it out this time hoping for it to be shipped today so it can arrive tomorrow already, but it doesn't seem like it works out. The thing that bothers me most is that both of the Munich stores still have DA in stock ? So getting up earlier and take the car ride wouldn't have been painful at all. For the moment, I can't really recommend it ? Nevertheless, the fact that it'll be shipped via DHL instead of DPD is still an advantage. 

This is my first time ordering from LEGO since they've switched to DPD, never had trouble when they used DHL so I hope DPD doesn't screw up bigtime like they seem to do a lot if the internet is anything to go by :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is my first time ordering from LEGO since they've switched to DPD, never had trouble when they used DHL so I hope DPD doesn't screw up bigtime like they seem to do a lot if the internet is anything to go by :sceptic:

I could tell you a lot of stories I made with them, but they're not Lego-related ? I've ordered from S@H twice since they switched over. The first order took six or seven days to arrive (to be fair, that was during lockdown times) but it was a little bit strange. I got the shipping confirmation email with the tracking ID about half an hour before the set arrived. Luckily, I was at home ? The second one took eleven days. That time, I got the tracking ID much earlier but, for however reason, it didn't work for the first couple of days. At the end, I was able to choose an access point where I could take it from. 

Us West Coasters are the last to wait I guess :grin: gonna call the Lego store in 45 minutes and hopefully grab one up this afternoon. Thinking about buying the student accessory pack as well and giving them the short legs so I can better replicate the Nimbus 2000 scene. 

Can’t wait!

Edited by Modal

1 hour ago, 8fifty said:

Short update: While I was unpacking my freshly arrived CMFs I got the confirmation mail that the set has been shipped. Now it depends on whether DHL has a scheduled collection for tonight or not. If they have, I might be lucky.

I’m not getting Diagon Alley yet, but I’m thinking of spending the minimum required to get me the Brickheadz GWP. I don’t care for brickheadz though, will it be worth something down the line? :def_shrug:

EDIT: Will get it for the pieces

Edited by Otherworld

Just got back from the LEGO store. I went promptly when the website said the mall was open, but I think the hours were inaccurate as there was a line about 10 people ahead of me. Luckily there was plenty of stock, and everyone in line got one including myself. Talked to a bunch of folks there, it was an awesome experience. Usually hate waiting in lines but it was a lot of fun and the set looks incredible on the shelf display, you really have to see in person to believe it. Box is deceptively heavy.
Feels good to finally emerge from quarantine, gotta enjoy those last gasps of fresh air before the impending spike coming with Winter. Haven’t felt this happy in a long time.

Edited by RODDY

Have any of you found a website where you can order induvial bags from the second HP CMF with the people you want in the bag?