Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm also on the east coast of the USA, where I've just started college, but I'm thinking about ordering the set as soon as I can and then staying up or taking a little nap before the Back to Hogwarts celebration, which will be at 5:30 my time. Should make for a really fun night of Harry Potter goodness!!!

Watching AshnFlash and just2good's reviews of the Diagon Alley set I've noticed a few good book and/or film accurate details included that aren't too obvious.

In Weasley Wizard Wheezes there's:

- A print with a magician and cards, representing their muggle magic range that people like Arthur Weasley love

- A little geode piece, probably to represent the Peruvian instant darkness powder

- The Basic Blaze box prints for their fireworks

- Sticker on the side with an Edible Dark Mark design

Daily Prophet:

- A couple of posters saying: He who must not be named returns, and Terror at the World Cup

Flourish and Blotts:

- Accurate signs with Dragons and Alchemy sections.

6 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

Glad I bought the student pack from someone online for an extra $10.00. Was originally considering waiting to get it with Diagon Alley, but after 3 months it still says coming soon on the Australian LEGO store.

I ordered the student pack back in June with the rest of the sets. Luckily unlike the summer wave everyone is getting the AC, CMF, and DA at the same time. :)

I've got a similar situation with the Creator Expert Crocodile Locomotive which sold out 2 days after release and for some reason hasn't come back into stock since overhere in the Netherlands while I've seen vlogs of people going to the LEGO store in the US and Canada where the set is available. :thinking:

Now that we know all about Diagon Alley, does anyone have any prediction of what the next D2C in (possibly) 2022 could be? My first thought is a D2C Hogwarts Express or perhaps a Ministry of Magic or Hogsmeade? I can't really think of anything else so prominent in the series. 

5 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

Now that we know all about Diagon Alley, does anyone have any prediction of what the next D2C in (possibly) 2022 could be? My first thought is a D2C Hogwarts Express or perhaps a Ministry of Magic or Hogsmeade? I can't really think of anything else so prominent in the series. 

I keep thinking a D2C Quidditch pitch would be cool.

Just thought though... the build would be pretty repetative. Lol.

Edited by chris6507

So I got my hands on the Room of Requirements the other day. Since it has pin holes like every hogwarts-related set, I was wondering if anyone here knows where it goes in relation to the other parts of the castle, and for that matter what a relatively accurate configuration using the sets from 2018 to now would look like.

Just now, shadefoundry said:

So I got my hands on the Room of Requirements the other day. Since it has pin holes like every hogwarts-related set, I was wondering if anyone here knows where it goes in relation to the other parts of the castle, and for that matter what a relatively accurate configuration using the sets from 2018 to now would look like.

It attaches to the back of the greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set.

In the UK and gone midnight and the GWP is still not showing. Ggrr! I want to go to bed ...

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It attaches to the back of the greenhouse in the Astronomy Tower set.

This isn't official though, it's just a common suggestion. LEGO doesn't have an official place for it - it seems like it only contains pin-holes so you can re-arrange the two pieces if you want (to have the fireplace on the left or right side).

Edited by YetiZombie

5 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

A dream come true would be Hogsmeade village - Honeydukes, Three Broomsticks, Hog's Head, Shrieking Shack and maybe train station (with new Hogwarts Express).

The figs are up, but no full box (yet?). Limit is 60, should I trust a person who will be fulfilling my order will understand that I want to receive the full box if I have 60 in my cart?

33 minutes ago, essel said:

Ordered the Burrow (as it's a Lego exclusive and probably won't find it at a discount anyway, and it had been OOS for some time on the site) and an extra students pack in order to reach the 100 threshold; unfortunately HP minifigure packs didn't count, I'm glad I could secure the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brickheadz, as I have nearly all other BHs.

Wait, do HP blind bags don't count toward the GWP threshold? I've already bought every set except for the Burrow, so if the blind bags aren't accepted, it looks like I'll have to rebuy something to get the GWP...

I’ve been binge watching all the reviews today, and I’m thinking to myself this probably the greatest set of all time, the only one that comes close is the Ewok Village. I own a lot of sets that others have said were the best like Ninjago City and UCS MF, but this just on another level or awesomeness. Like this set is everything I expect from a lego set, great on display but still a great play set with great minifigs because it’s still a toy at the end of the day. Like wow and to think we’re probably getting Gringott’s next year...it’s amazing. I was going to pick it up tomorrow and save it till Christmas to build it but now I just want to tear into this beast.

1 minute ago, BenderBrau said:

The figs are up, but no full box (yet?). Limit is 60, should I trust a person who will be fulfilling my order will understand that I want to receive the full box if I have 60 in my cart?

Absolutely not lol, that's how you'll end up with 60 Neville Longbottoms.

13 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This isn't official though, it's just a common suggestion. LEGO doesn't have an official place for it - it seems like it only contains pin-holes so you can re-arrange the two pieces if you want (to have the fireplace on the left or right side).

See that's strange to me that its not officially included anywhere. Ah well, I decided to connect it to the one side of the great hall to create a kind of wall where there's supposed to be a small building that we haven't gotten in set form yet and that I have yet to build a moc of. For now that does the job, if anything the corner piece makes for a good extension/direction shifter on my shelf that doesn't have enough space to display the castle properly.

2 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Absolutely not lol, that's how you'll end up with 60 Neville Longbottoms.

:laugh_hard: Don't want to risk it yet, but IIRC previous CMFs had - initially, at the release - limit of 20 (I might be wrong, of course). I think there's a possibility increasing the limit means there won't be full box for purchase on S@H, but still you can get it if you order 60.

Got mine ordered, and with £20 of VIP points redeemed which made the price easier to swallow. Will probably try and sell the BrickHeadz set for a fair price just to make back a bit more. 

Does anyone know where is a good place to order a CMF2 set of 16 in the UK? I got them from BrickLink last time but I don't know if there are better alternatives. 

Anybody in the UK got their order confirmation yet? Not had email or showing on account yet. I know it has taken hours for me once, but I'm just feeling nervous.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Anybody in the UK got their order confirmation yet? Not had email or showing on account yet. I know it has taken hours for me once, but I'm just feeling nervous.

Nothing from LEGO yet, just paypal confirmation. Same thing happened with Barracuda Bay on release but it came through in the end. I'm off to bed now though!

2 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yes, same here but the PayPal went through so I'm confident it went through okay.

10 minutes ago, jmckrew said:

Nothing from LEGO yet, just paypal confirmation. Same thing happened with Barracuda Bay on release but it came through in the end. I'm off to bed now though!

9 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Yes, same here but the PayPal went through so I'm confident it went through okay.

Thanks guys! I need to get to bed too. :) 

28 minutes ago, Zepthire said:

Got mine ordered, and with £20 of VIP points redeemed which made the price easier to swallow. Will probably try and sell the BrickHeadz set for a fair price just to make back a bit more. 

Does anyone know where is a good place to order a CMF2 set of 16 in the UK? I got them from BrickLink last time but I don't know if there are better alternatives. 

I ordered a full set through eBay for £79.99! Will save me endless time and money for someone else to do the feeling for me! 

6 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I called the LEGO store in NYC’s Flatiron District and the guy I spoke to said they are getting an extra shipment of sets overnighted for tomorrow morning to deal with the demand. He said the phone has been ringing off the hook all day with calls about the Diagon Alley set. He recommended trying to get it online first before going into a physical location and said the sets should be available at 3am US East Coast time or 8am ET at the latest.

Now that’s interesting news. 3am East Coast mean they wait until the whole US is at 1 September before releasing the sets. Since there is a five hour time difference between Hawaii and New York...

I’ll have to wait until 0000 before it comes available in Southern California then...