Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Credence, Dobby, Tina, Queenie, and Jacob would all be "non-sorted," and I guess Percival Graves as well since he most likely went to Ilvermorny? Mad-Eye is the unknown; I don't think it was ever established what house he was in.

Ah yes, I completely forgot about most of those characters being in the CMF ?

just googled what house Moody was in and there’s a page each explaining why Moody was “definitely in Gryffindor, Slytherin and Hufflepuff” but no Ravenclaw ??

Where is everyone seeing this high quality pic of the AC? I can't seem to find. (Granted, legoleaks is filled with non lego leak stuff so it'll take a while :hmpf_bad:)

Edited by Brick Guru

Just now, Brick Guru said:

Where is everyone seeing this high quality pi of the AC? I can't seem to find. (Granted, legoleaks is filled with non lego leak stuff so it'll take a while :hmpf_bad:)

It’s like 6 rows down for me under recent, you’re right, there is a lot of non-lego leak stuff on there and it seriously pisses me the f—k off, I’ll send it to you in DMs

49949807148_128f82ee4e_b.jpg

I'm delighted we are getting at least one of the twins in the advent calendar. We got three teachers last year so do we think Dumbledore will be throw in as well this year? I think a new moody in the kilt would be great if they are going to add some of the teachers rather than repeats. Tried to recreate that vey blurry image of the broom present. I don't have the exact colours but this kind of looks like what's on the box. The fat broom part looks a little different in the image, is there a part that fits better? 

2 minutes ago, Micmac said:

49949807148_128f82ee4e_b.jpg

I'm delighted we are getting at least one of the twins in the advent calendar. We got three teachers last year so do we think Dumbledore will be throw in as well this year? I think a new moody in the kilt would be great if they are going to add some of the teachers rather than repeats. Tried to recreate that vey blurry image of the broom present. I don't have the exact colours but this kind of looks like what's on the box. The fat broom part looks a little different in the image, is there a part that fits better? 

On the AC box it looks like it has one of those rounded pieces with studs on top, typically used on hover vehicles to “glide” along the ground

I wish Lego made some new broomstick molds that would be similar to tail pieces (like on Rocket Raccoon or a werewolf) so that it actually looks like a character is on a broom rather than holding onto one with one hand.

(Downside is of course this could result in a very phallic design)

Just now, (Insert Name Here) said:

I wish Lego made some new broomstick molds that would be similar to tail pieces (like on Rocket Raccoon or a werewolf) so that it actually looks like a character is on a broom rather than holding onto one with one hand.

(Downside is of course this could result in a very phallic design)

Technically the only person who doesn’t hold the broom in one hand whilst riding is Moody, even when playing Quidditch they all have one hand on the broom and one hand either free for the bludger/snitch or one hand on their beater bat, I don’t think it would make much sense to have a hip piece for the brooms, they work pretty well as they are ☺️

I am praying that something was simply lost in translation with Kingnono’s source and that the Yule Ball Advent Calendar means we will be getting Grimmauld Place as a surprise set.

He made two very specific posts about Christmas at Grimmauld Place. The first stated that the Advent Calendar would be based on OotP (where the Christmas scene is at Grimmauld Place) and the second was the photo of the flying Santa on the Grimmauld Place tree.

What other explanation could there possibly be? Do folks think Kingnono was actually full of crap this entire time and just bamboozled thousands of LEGO fans including a few other respected leakers? I feel like we are missing a piece of the puzzle here...

Edited by sebastian666

57 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

What other explanation could there possibly be? Do folks think Kingnono was actually full of crap this entire time and just bamboozled thousands of LEGO fans including a few other respected leakers? I feel like we are missing a piece of the puzzle here...

Let’s wait to see if kingnono says anything but at this point I feel like the cryptic hints will have to stop if he wants anyone to actually believe him anymore until more stuff shows up. With this it might be a case of throw a bunch of darts (guesses at things) at a wall (the actual info) and hoping some of it sticks. The things that he is gotten right you could say are obvious things based off book 5 and 6 that anyone could have pretended to have insider info to put out. It will be interesting to see what he says 

15 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That‘s not how that works, if saving money was an issue they would‘ve done so from the beginning. Sure, it‘s „just“ an advent calendar, but that also takes a long time to design. You can‘t just change everything at the last minute, it would take months to adjust everything, even in the design stage, let alone actual production. Kingnono being a fraud is way more likely

Did you forget about last year’s AC & how fast they put it together? 

14 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Ya’ll are extremely negative, do you know Lego sets change in production? And another reason could be its based of GOF and OOTP, Its literally only 3 figures shown. 

Right? They were fawning over him as a rock star for months, now one thing is sorta wrong, they don’t believe a thing he says. Seeing as we had the rumor mill going on about the Dursley’s house, there was a chance the Burrow could’ve gone that route as well & been an earlier interpretation. So the minifig selection wasn’t just a “lucky guess.” 

I also don’t get the comments about the AC. We got repeat minifigures last year(although one could argue that was due to the shortened timeframe). We also got a minifig(Flitwick) who didn’t fit with Year One trio. 

Also, since nobody mentioned what it really looks to be, that white build in the AC looks to be a music stand with a 2x2 music sheet. 

Edited by Vindicare

Does anyone have any idea when sets should go live on Legoshop in the UK? They’re not up for preorder anymore. Just wondered if it’s a midnight deal or something like 8am

How long ago did kingnono delete his earlier posts (I wish to enter my vault and all the burrow quotes and stuff prior to that)

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I am praying that something was simply lost in translation with Kingnono’s source and that the Yule Ball Advent Calendar means we will be getting Grimmauld Place as a surprise set.

He made two very specific posts about Christmas at Grimmauld Place. The first stated that the Advent Calendar would be based on OotP (where the Christmas scene is at Grimmauld Place) and the second was the photo of the flying Santa on the Grimmauld Place tree.

I recon he just bamboozeled us 
he probs just looked at this page every morning and gave us what we wanted 

is there a chance that Karkarof will be in the AC as the seventh minifig.

harry

ron

hermione 

Patel twins 

karkarof
yule Ginny or Yule McGonagall or Yule cho

34 minutes ago, Tommy9 said:

I recon he just bamboozeled us 
he probs just looked at this page every morning and gave us what we wanted 

is there a chance that Karkarof will be in the AC as the seventh minifig.

harry

ron

hermione 

Patel twins 

karkarof
yule Ginny or Yule McGonagall or Yule cho

There are 6 minifigures in the calendar tho.

Well, thinking about it some more, I don‘t know if it actually was that much of a loss if _kingnono_ really was a fraud after all. The D2C being Diagon Alley has been rumoured even before he „confirmed“ it and stonewars has the D2C and 75978 listed as separate sets too (I think independently from his info). The DA being minifig-scale is a given since we already have a microscale DA. The only info we „lose“ are the remaining minifigs from the CMF and the GWP. The hints towards set 75978 have been incredibly vague anyway, so not much of a loss there. Could be a lot worse :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Lego-Freak

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are 6 minifigures in the calendar tho.

Has anyone besides kingnono said that? There were 7 in last year’s after all. 

50 minutes ago, DNSNVN01 said:

How long ago did kingnono delete his earlier posts (I wish to enter my vault and all the burrow quotes and stuff prior to that)

Pre advent calendar reveal definitely. I was looking about a week ago to check and see if he’d used quotation marks for all the quotes and noticed them gone then. Not sure exactly how long they’ve been gone though. 

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Right? They were fawning over him as a rock star for months, now one thing is sorta wrong, they don’t believe a thing he says. Seeing as we had the rumor mill going on about the Dursley’s house, there was a chance the Burrow could’ve gone that route as well & been an earlier interpretation. So the minifig selection wasn’t just a “lucky guess.” 

Yeah, no, plenty of us have been skeptical from the beginning, and I suspect we wouldn’t have spent nearly as much time talking about him if it weren’t for, you know, quarantine. And his statement about the advent calendar is isn't ‘sorta wrong’, it’s completely wrong. He definitively stated that the AC would be OotP based and absolutely everything on the box art is from the Yule Ball in GoF (you can argue till the cows come home about how there might be an OotP element for one of the days, but that wouldn’t change the fact that the AC as a whole is clearly being marketed on the Yule Ball). I’m not even sure what you’re trying to get at with the last point. If you’re referring to how some people talked about Fred and George being in Privet Drive, then yes, it came up, but the vast majority of people reporting from toy fair gave the correct minifigure lineup with Ron and Dobby - there was no ‘earlier interpretation’, just people spreading misinformation. As for why the minifigures in the Burrow would be pretty easy to guess, I think that’s already been covered enough times in this thread. 

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, thinking about it some more, I don‘t know if it actually was that much of a loss if _kingnono_ really was a fraud after all. The D2C being Diagon Alley has been rumoured even before he „confirmed“ it and stonewars has the D2C and 75978 listed as separate sets too (I think independently from his info). The DA being minifig-scale is a given since we already have a microscale DA. The only info we „lose“ are the remaining minifigs from the CMF and the GWP. The hints towards set 75978 have been incredibly vague anyway, so not much of a loss there. Could be a lot worse :shrug_oh_well:

The DA shops are set back as well :tongue:

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

The DA shops are set back as well :tongue:

He never gave us a full list anyway and the ones he hinted at were pretty obvious choices. No big loss in that regard either :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

He never gave us a full list anyway and the ones he hinted at were pretty obvious choices. No big loss in that regard either :laugh:

That's true but I was happy to know that we finally get WWW in Lego form. However, no way can I imagine a huge Diagon Alley without this prominent shop.

37 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Stonewars' original article didn't have an additional set, that was changed later on. Right now I think there's a good chance of 75978 being the D2C as originally reported and there being no additional set.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars' original article didn't have an additional set, that was changed later on. Right now I think there's a good chance of 75978 being the D2C as originally reported and there being no additional set.

Now that you‘ve mentioned it.... Yeah, the additional set must be bogus too. Would definitely explain why we know about all of the Star Wars, Mario and Marvel released sets in August, including exclusives, while we don‘t have anything solid on this alleged set :hmpf_bad:

Lukas from Stonewars stated that the rumors are "veeery credible" (not meant ironically!) - so if he has other sources than kingnono (which I assume) the DA D2C seems to be a safe thing. 

Spoiler

For all of you wondering where this information comes from: https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#comment-90759

It's one of the last comments :)

Edited by 8fifty

2 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Lukas from Stonewars stated that the rumors are "veeery credible" (not meant ironically!) - so if he has other sources than kingnono (which I assume) the DA D2C seems to be a safe thing. 

Reveal hidden contents

For all of you wondering where this information comes from: https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/#comment-90759

It's one of the last comments :)

We're not doubting the D2C being DA or not, those rumors surfaced a while before Kingnono started his hints and riddles

Edited by Guyon2002

All I’m gunna say is- remember the random blocker last year, remember the many that gave solid andtrue info that was scoffed at or deemed lies. It’s a common theme in this thread to be too quick to doubt or judge people. And then after everyone’s all like ‘oh..... guess.... guess we were wrong about them huh. Well errr...... we won’t do it again..... s... o.... r..... r..... y....’ . So let’s not be hasty to bash this guy alright. Thank you