Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, Tommy269 said:

I too am Australian, but when I look on Target or Kmarts's website, I can't tell if they have them. I have called my local target and they have said they don't know when they are coming in. And they aren't on LS@H. Are you sure that australia is getting them with Europe.

Don't want to go too off track into region specific talk, but they're all on the AU S@H site when I look with June 1 release date: https://www.lego.com/en-au/themes/harry-potter. In my three years here now I've never seen the big retailers actually know anything about the products they carry, and they're nearly never on the websites in advance. Last wave I found the Clock Tower at a David Jones almost to the day it was supposed to be released, and it wasn't on their website yet as I recall. It was pure luck.

I reckon the certified stores will have them on the release date, if you're near one of those. At least before Covid, they were pretty good with release dates. Haven't been since.

Now this is probably getting annoying to all of the non-Australians :innocent2:

Anyone have experience ordering from Zavvi being U.S. based? I have followed this thread forever and am extremely excited for the new wave and want them June 1 or soon after...not August.  ?

43 minutes ago, diagonalley said:

Anyone have experience ordering from Zavvi being U.S. based? I have followed this thread forever and am extremely excited for the new wave and want them June 1 or soon after...not August.  ?

I second this. I need these sets.

Slightly off topic here, but I recently started playing the LEGO Harry Potter video game to pass the time and, in Year 6, we get a glimpse of the Harry, Ron, and Hermione minifigs in what I predict will be their D2C Diagon Alley looks. I imagine we’ll also get them in their Year 2 looks (hopefully complete with black capes). I’m curious to hear how many versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione folks think we’re going to get in the D2C Diagon Alley set?IZSM2xe_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fq5sGb8Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fmbEEydP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

Slightly off topic here, but I recently started playing the LEGO Harry Potter video game to pass the time and, in Year 6, we get a glimpse of the Harry, Ron, and Hermione minifigs in what I predict will be their D2C Diagon Alley looks. I imagine we’ll also get them in their Year 2 looks (hopefully complete with black capes). I’m curious to hear how many versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione folks think we’re going to get in the D2C Diagon Alley set?

I think we'll get two minifigures for Harry (one from PS and one from HBP) and then just the HPB variants of Ron and Hermione. Unless Lego wants to recreate the scene from COS at Flourish and Blotts I'd say they wouldn't include the other Chamber of Secrets versions of the characters. 

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m curious to hear how many versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione folks think we’re going to get in the D2C Diagon Alley set?

In a perfect world it would only include 1 figure of each character. But it'll probably be 2 variants

Edited by Guyon2002

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In a perfect world it would only include 1 figure of each character. But it'll probably be 2 variants

As long as they’re interesting & unique variants I dont have a problem w getting more than one of the same character :pir-huzzah1:

15 hours ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

In the UK the last set I ever got with the piece count on the box was around 2014-2015, I’ve seen the odd set where we’ve accidentally gotten an American box (with piece count), but they stopped doing them for the UK around then

nope, it was 2013, 76012 Batman: The Riddler Chase 

There are a lot of sets in the UK with piece counts still now. It seems to be mostly exclusives, D2Cs, Ideas, Architecture, etc

4 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Slightly off topic here, but I recently started playing the LEGO Harry Potter video game to pass the time and, in Year 6, we get a glimpse of the Harry, Ron, and Hermione minifigs in what I predict will be their D2C Diagon Alley looks. I imagine we’ll also get them in their Year 2 looks (hopefully complete with black capes). I’m curious to hear how many versions of Harry, Ron, and Hermione folks think we’re going to get in the D2C Diagon Alley set?

I’m presuming you’re referring to the torsos, not faces and hair? As 1-4 used the 2004-07 faces/hair, and in 5-7 they used the 2010-11

Edited by sammy_zammy

17 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

There are a lot of sets in the UK with piece counts still now. It seems to be mostly exclusives, D2Cs, Ideas, Architecture, etc

Ah, I only collect Harry Potter sets and I haven’t seen any other sets on shelves (I work in a warehouse but unless I care about the theme I tend to just leave them on the shelf and don’t bother looking at them)

I just had a Dream that said we’ll be getting 16 minifigures in the D2C diagon alley- just wanted to put that here in case we actually do get 16 haha, that would be weird, if that’s the case:

harry PS

hagrid 

2x goblins 

Ollivander 

Lockhart 

lucius malfoy 

arthur Weasley 

molly Weasley 

Ginny 

harry HBP 

ron HBP

hermione HBP

fred HBP 

George HBP

draco malfoy HBP 

left overs:

draco COS

Narcissa malfoy 

bellatrix 

Fenrir

tom the innkeeper 

random wizards

I don‘t get why people are worried about the potential of multiple versions of characters being in the set. The way I see it, they‘d be a bonus :laugh: Since there‘s no fixed rule about the amount of minifigs a set should have, a second Harry for instance wouldn‘t automatically mean there‘d now be a minifig we don’t get but would have gotten otherwise. I can‘t see the designers go like „Should we include Lucius here?“ „Nah, throw in another Harry instead“. That‘s not really how it works

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t get why people are worried about the potential of multiple versions of characters being in the set. The way I see it, they‘d be a bonus :laugh: Since there‘s no fixed rule about the amount of minifigs a set should have, a second Harry for instance wouldn‘t automatically mean there‘d now be a minifig we don’t get but would have gotten otherwise. I can‘t see the designers going like „Should we include Lucius here?“ „Nah, throw in another Harry instead“. That‘s not really how it works

This is pretty much how I see it too. 

17 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don‘t get why people are worried about the potential of multiple versions of characters being in the set. The way I see it, they‘d be a bonus :laugh: Since there‘s no fixed rule about the amount of minifigs a set should have, a second Harry for instance wouldn‘t automatically mean there‘d now be a minifig we don’t get but would have gotten otherwise. I can‘t see the designers go like „Should we include Lucius here?“ „Nah, throw in another Harry instead“. That‘s not really how it works

Yeah, agreed. And we’ll never know either way.

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'm not worried about getting multiple versions of characters and I know the whole ''taking spots'' thing is not how it works. I'm just saying I would prefer getting characters/variants of characters that aren't the Trio, especially Harry. 

5 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

I’m presuming you’re referring to the torsos, not faces and hair? As 1-4 used the 2004-07 faces/hair, and in 5-7 they used the 2010-11

Yes, I’m just talking about the torsos here. Although I think these hair pieces still work well for HBP Ron and Hermione.

I don't know what's going on with Amazon, but these set names are getting ridiculous. ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/75968-Harry-Potter-Privet-Dursley/dp/B0813QBV7Y/ref=sr_1_10?crid=FUIB5KG1TKM6&dchild=1&keywords=lego+harry+potter&qid=1590511841&sprefix=Lego%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.co.uk/75969-Harry-Potter-Astronomy-Compatible/dp/B0813QBV6V/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/260-1403836-1799332?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0813QBV6V&pd_rd_r=b6547270-409f-471b-b30d-630f7c351ff8&pd_rd_w=VolHQ&pd_rd_wg=p8i2K&pf_rd_p=106f838b-b7d1-46e9-83e0-f70facc857bf&pf_rd_r=26D7T9WP329MFH3V7YZM&psc=1&refRID=26D7T9WP329MFH3V7YZM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/75979-Harry-Potter-Collectible-Display/dp/B0813S3VDM/ref=pd_sbs_21_1/260-1403836-1799332?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0813S3VDM&pd_rd_r=40bd8d37-1587-4fe1-9542-735153a6eb1f&pd_rd_w=7UMcY&pd_rd_wg=SmsHd&pf_rd_p=2773aa8e-42c5-4dbe-bda8-5cdf226aa078&pf_rd_r=145RHHXW9K96K3APHCHB&psc=1&refRID=145RHHXW9K96K3APHCHB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/75967-Harry-Potter-Forbidden-Forest/dp/B0813QWS29/ref=pd_sbs_21_2/260-1403836-1799332?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0813QWS29&pd_rd_r=35bafd1a-e297-4342-b250-99901af096f1&pd_rd_w=4IvE2&pd_rd_wg=YPrid&pf_rd_p=2773aa8e-42c5-4dbe-bda8-5cdf226aa078&pf_rd_r=SM442ZY99TY3966R1T30&psc=1&refRID=SM442ZY99TY3966R1T30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/75966-Harry-Potter-Hogwarts-Requirement/dp/B0813S3V2B/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/260-1403836-1799332?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0813S3V2B&pd_rd_r=f43782c7-c585-4f7a-b228-92f5c1472087&pd_rd_w=UqVCV&pd_rd_wg=he0ED&pf_rd_p=106f838b-b7d1-46e9-83e0-f70facc857bf&pf_rd_r=QD0YRVJ9R9NDKZC1P104&psc=1&refRID=QD0YRVJ9R9NDKZC1P104

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't know what's going on with Amazon, but these set names are getting ridiculous. ?

*snip*

How is that ridiculous? We've known about those names for months, it's not their fault LEGO used the wrong names in their press release :tongue:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

How is that ridiculous? We've known about those names for months, it's not their fault LEGO used the wrong names in their press release :tongue:

The names just sound dumb on Amazon. I didn't know LEGO used the wrong names :grin:

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

How is "Includes 3 minifigures" not ridiculous?:laugh:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I didn't know that you have that much RRPs in UK - but hey, the discounts are pretty impressive :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

I didn't know that you have that much RRPs in UK - but hey, the discounts are pretty impressive :laugh_hard:

I know. Now I know why some countries say they never get any good discounts. We obviously get them all! ?

I was thinking about certain minifigures that would be hard to get out of the sets. One really stuck out to me. Seeing that aunt Marge isn't in the PD, is it a possibility that she will come in the cmf. I remember TLG often putting characters in licenced CMFs that would add on to the sets in the same wave. E.G. Draco in quiditch uniform with the quiditch match, prof. sprout with the green house. Although we haven't head anything about her, I an see it as a possibility.

6 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Those Amazon titles are hilarious, very snappy! :laugh: On a serious note those inflated prices are really weird, what a specific glitch. 

It’s been those RRPs for over a week now and probably has many people report it... I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it’s a glitch but I’m starting to get suspicious...