Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Here's my thoughts:

75978 is a D2C and includes the Gringotts cart scene from PS and / or the dragon scene from DH.

75978 is not the D2C, but a Ministry of Magic set and includes the fountain scene with Harry and Voldermort's fight.

75978 could be a Chamber Of Secrets set as that is a very 'iconic' underground scene.

The hint says an iconic scene in "the underground", which is what the London subway is called, so it's got to be the scene where Arthur and Harry take the tube to get to the Ministry of Magic. Minifigs: Arthur, Harry, London Muggle. Build: half of an Underground carriage. You heard it here first folks.

I've got to say, once again some of the decisions in this line baffle me. I wouldn't pretend to know how it really works behind the scenes, but new animal moulds for Patronuses at the expense of a fully fledged Bellatrix with unique face and printed skirt, for example? I don't understand the choice. The Patronuses are cool, don't get me wrong, but as far as the films go they appear in one brief scene and aren't super playable anyway. On the one hand we get some of this awesome new stuff, and on the other hand iconic characters go half baked.

39 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The hint says an iconic scene in "the underground", which is what the London subway is called

I doubt that Kingnono is a native speaker; therefore, him saying "in the underground" might just be a grammatical mistake rather than a reference to the London subway. I would be surprised if we got a set based on that scene mainly because of how random it would be. I reckon he is hinting at Gringott's but I'm hoping for the Atrium. Then again, I might be completely wrong and we are getting a set based on the telephone booth ride.

4 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The new hint on Instagram: "An iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978".

Presumably that must mean the Gringotts vaults will be included.

Hate to break it to all the naysayers, but the Ministry of Magic is also “underground.” Harry’s first visit to the Ministry follows a ride on the London Underground, and Ministry employees literally flush themselves down a toilet to get to work everyday. This is yet another clue pointing to 75978 being the Duel in the Ministry Atrium set centered around a Fountain of Magical Brethren build. 

People are still eager to jump to conclusions, I see :laugh: Him using the term „DA“ in one post and „75978“ in another doesn‘t mean they aren‘t one and the same thing, just saying. And @thenudeorganist is right, _kingnono_ is most likely not a native speaker

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

He basically means Ideas sets aren't allowed to make new molds, only existing ones. For example the pig reappearing in Barracuda Bay must be in some other 2020 set. And a third Disney CMF is basically confirmed for 2021 because they need new molds for Winnie the Pooh

What about the sonic screwdriver from the Doctor Who set, did this one exist already before the set came out? I also wonder how they will handle the Sesame Street set. Although minifigs without specific molds would work out farely well I would much prefer new and special ones. But this is going to be too much OT for now.

Just now, 8fifty said:

What about the sonic screwdriver from the Doctor Who set, did this one exist already before the set came out? I also wonder how they will handle the Sesame Street set. Although minifigs without specific molds would work out farely well I would much prefer new and special ones. But this is going to be too much OT for now.

That was made for lego dimensions.

Just now, deskp said:

That was made for lego dimensions.

Aaah yes, you're right :pir-cry_sad:

18 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Hate to break it to all the naysayers, but the Ministry of Magic is also “underground.” Harry’s first visit to the Ministry follows a ride on the London Underground, and Ministry employees literally flush themselves down a toilet to get to work everyday. This is yet another clue pointing to 75978 being the Duel in the Ministry Atrium set centered around a Fountain of Magical Brethren build. 

You're still missing the point. No-one us saying that the MoM isn't possible. It certainly is possible. And I would love that to be a set. Just there was far more evidence of that set from reliable sources saying it wasn't a MoM set, compared to a random unverified new account randomly saying "Ministry of Magic set".

I'd be surprised if DA had an underground section, since this would mean that all buildings should be elevated if they were to be on the same street level. My HP knowledge is limited, but isn't Gringotts the only DA building with underground scenes in the movies? Here are my two theories, if it's the DA D2C that has the underground scene:

1. The whole set is one big block where the buildings cannot be separated. In this case, having an underground scene would make sense, since the whole underground section would be connected. However, this ignores the fact that kingnono mentioned "pins" in the set before (unless it's just for easy transportation? Like Old Trafford?)

2. The buildings are all individual sections of the set that are not connected to each other (like the previous DA) but all have underground scenes so the shops and the bank are all at the same street level. This would be a strange way to integrate an underground scene, since, if the set is made of multiple buildings that are not connected to each other, then the underground scene would be scattered across the whole, separated, set. If DA would include Gringotts' minecart vaults, then there'd be a section of rail underneath each shop. This does follow the theory that DA includes pins, presumably to connect each section and have a full modular-like street with a complete underground scene.

I think these would be two strange ways to tackle DA, which makes me think this underground scene belongs to another set altogether.

Just now, Terrasher said:

I'd be surprised if DA had an underground section, since this would mean that all buildings should be elevated if they were to be on the same street level. My HP knowledge is limited, but isn't Gringotts the only DA building with underground scenes in the movies? Here are my two theories, if it's the DA D2C that has the underground scene:

Yeah, Gringotts is the  only building with underground scenes.  The only two from it are in the Sorcerers Stone, when Harry learns about the money left to him, and the one in DH with the Dragon.  It wouldn't make sense though for it to be either.

1 hour ago, thenudeorganist said:

I doubt that Kingnono is a native speaker; therefore, him saying "in the underground" might just be a grammatical mistake rather than a reference to the London subway. I would be surprised if we got a set based on that scene mainly because of how random it would be.

I could have used our sarcasm emoji, but otherwise I don't know how I could have been more obviously sarcastic after adding my fake guess at minifigures and build. He's obviously not talking about the London Underground.

Just poking fun at how people jump to conclusions surrounding these hints, that's all.

16 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

1. The whole set is one big block where the buildings cannot be separated. In this case, having an underground scene would make sense, since the whole underground section would be connected. However, this ignores the fact that kingnono mentioned "pins" in the set before (unless it's just for easy transportation? Like Old Trafford?)

2. The buildings are all individual sections of the set that are not connected to each other (like the previous DA) but all have underground scenes so the shops and the bank are all at the same street level. This would be a strange way to integrate an underground scene, since, if the set is made of multiple buildings that are not connected to each other, then the underground scene would be scattered across the whole, separated, set. If DA would include Gringotts' minecart vaults, then there'd be a section of rail underneath each shop. This does follow the theory that DA includes pins, presumably to connect each section and have a full modular-like street with a complete underground scene.

I think these would be two strange ways to tackle DA, which makes me think this underground scene belongs to another set altogether.

I think you're overcomplicating it. They're certainly not gonna all be one structure, otherwise it would be impossible to transport. Even Hogwarts split into two and that is large in all dimensions, whereas this will just be long.

And I highly doubt they'd elevate all the shops. Your suggestion of having a section of track underneath each shop would be possible perhaps, although I don't think that's likely. We know Lego doesn't care about continuity, as evidenced by the randomly placed interors on the Hogwarts castle sets. It's much more likely they'd have Gringotts, a door, and then an underground mine cart section. Simples.

Edited by sammy_zammy

Kingnono said ´an iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978´ so that doesn´t necessarily mean it´s something that only happens underground. It wouldn´t surprise me if this is nono´s way of telling us the Ukranian Ironbelly is included, which would make a ton of sense given it´s primarily seen underground and it´s prominently displayed on top of Gringotts in Universals Diagon Alley.

Just now, sammy_zammy said:

And I highly doubt they'd elevate all the shops. Having a section of track underneath each would make some sense perhaps but it's much more likely they'd have Gringotts, a door, and then an underground mine cart section. Simples.

That would take away from the rest of Diagon  Alley though.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Kingnono said ´an iconic scene in the underground will be part of 75978´ so that doesn´t necessarily mean it´s something that only happens underground. It wouldn´t surprise me if this is nono´s way of telling us the Ukranian Ironbelly is included, which would make a ton of sense given it´s primarily seen underground and it´s prominently displayed on top of Gringotts in Universals Diagon Alley.

I guess it makes sense but  the dragon would take up a lot of the pieces in the set.

Edited by Icebrick
misspelled word

Just now, Icebrick said:

That wod take away from the rest of Diagon  Alley though.

What would?

Edited by sammy_zammy

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

That’s probably one of the simplest interpretations I’ve heard. Makes sense. Might even have Harry’s vault and the “you know what in vault you know which”. That would be iconic as well, but more of an Easter egg than anything. Dragon makes more sense as far as iconic scenes

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

That’s probably one of the simplest interpretations I’ve heard. Makes sense. Might even have Harry’s vault and the “you know what in vault you know which”. That would be iconic as well, but more of an Easter egg than anything. Dragon makes more sense as far as iconic scenes

Yeah that definitely makes sense. I think people are expecting sprawling mine cart tracks underneath Gringotts, when in reality it's more likely to be a slight cave, dragon and some valuts just behind Gringotts on the same level.

If there's any track at all (which would be awesome) I don't expect it'd be large and wouldn't go underneath. After all, the track would have to at least start on the same level as Gringotts, and there's no scene where they go down some steps to the cart or the cart goes down into a cave, so there's no reason it has to be underneath really.

Edited by sammy_zammy

What would?

Adding anything  that would represent the under ground of Gringotts would take away from the rest of DA

Just now, Icebrick said:

Adding anything  that would represent the under ground of Gringotts would take away from the rest of DA

That's my point, there's no need for it to be underground. It can just be on the same level - which certainly wouldn't take anything away from the rest.

Yeah that definitely makes sense. I think people are expecting sprawling mine cart tracks underneath Gringotts, when in reality it's more likely to be a slight cave, dragon and some valuts just behind Gringotts on the same level.

I mean something like that would take at least 600 pieces. Would much rather see those pieces go to the different shops

That's my point, there's no need for it to be underground. It can just be on the same level - which certainly wouldn't take anything away from the rest.

My point is that it still takes away from whatever else could be possibly be coming in the set.

11 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I could have used our sarcasm emoji, but otherwise I don't know how I could have been more obviously sarcastic after adding my fake guess at minifigures and build. He's obviously not talking about the London Underground.

Just poking fun at how people jump to conclusions surrounding these hints, that's all.

Lol :D Now that you say it, it was rather obvious. I guess I'm just expecting all kinds of random predictions from people...

Just now, Icebrick said:

I mean something like that would take at least 600 pieces. Would much rather see those pieces go to the different shops

I see what you mean now. Yeah, personally I think the underground would be better as a separate set. But this is just going off the latest hint.

Even if it is a part of the set, I'm not sure it'd take up as many pieces as you think - they don't have to build massive structures for it. It could literally be the dragon like the Hungarian Horntail (which only has 143 pieces), some track, a couple of open-side/top vaults and the cart. They could even cut the dragon and make it only based off Philospher's Stone.