Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh man, totally forgot we even got Basilisk :laugh_hard: definitely the worst build since the beginning of this line.

I honestly think the Horntail was worse

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Unpopular opinion: I liked the horntail.

I wonder if TLG is leading up to something by giving us a forbidden forest/tree set every year (aragog, dementors, grawp)….maybe a tree battlepack?:laugh_hard:

The Horntail isn't nearly as bad as some people think it is. The only real issues I have with it are the stubby legs (fairly easy to fix) and the somewhat inaccurate head

If you take one of the joints out of the tail and add it to the Horntail’s neck, it really isn’t that bad. By extending the length of the neck, the Horntail looks much more like a dragon and much less like a demonic bird.

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

So we’re all certain that the leaked CMF bag is real, right? It looks sort of fake to me.

Its real. Promobricks posted it and so did Falconfan. We're good:thumbup:

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

If you take one of the joints out of the tail and add it to the Horntail’s neck, it really isn’t that bad. By extending the length of the neck, the Horntail looks much more like a dragon and much less like a demonic bird.

I heavily modified mine so it looks reasonable now but it was so horrendous the way Lego made it. I don’t understand how people liked it honestly, one of the worst builds I’ve ever seen

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Its real. Promobricks posted it and so did Falconfan. We're good:thumbup:

Cool!

Because I’m looking at Moaning Myrtle and I’m seeing a connection between her and Hidden Side. In Hidden Side, ghosts are colour-coded; red are angry, yellow are crazy, and blue are sad. The only other ghost we got in HP since the reboot was Nick, who was portrayed as white. But . . well, Myrtle’s pretty sad, that’s been made obvious. It’s an interesting bit of overlap. (Of a coincidence but I doubt it.)

Also, I am definitely getting that Dumbledore I NEED THAT NEW FAWKES IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CRAPPY SUBASSEMBLY FROM 2018.

5 minutes ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

So we’re all certain that the leaked CMF bag is real, right? It looks sort of fake to me.

What looks off is the MINIFIGURES logo there, since it wasn't in the first one, but it's just because this is one the bigger new bag

Image result for lego wizarding world series bag

16 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

nah- I think the goblet of fire was worse.:sick: 

16 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The thing is, both of them are really bad. BUT when you look at that dragon build, what comes to your mind? Only one thought - Hungarian Horntail. It is really bad, but it still looks like it.

On the other hand, when you look at Basilisk (as a build, no theme context) you don't think of Basilisk. It's also really small - the dragon is big enough, Basilisk (being much bigger than Horntail in movies) is much smaller as a Lego version. 

Check out this, doesn't have much more pieces, but looks much better (still nowhere as perfect as it should be).

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The thing is, both of them are really bad. BUT when you look at that dragon build, what comes to your mind? Only one thought - Hungarian Horntail. It is really bad, but it still looks like it.

On the other hand, when you look at Basilisk (as a build, no theme context) you don't think of Basilisk. It's also really small - the dragon is big enough, Basilisk (being much bigger than Horntail in movies) is much smaller as a Lego version. 

Check out this, doesn't have much more pieces, but looks much better (still nowhere as perfect as it should be).

Aw man looking at that wants me to pick some parts off the creepy yoda set I have staring at my bed for some reason...:laugh:

I wonder when the sets will leak... cant be that far off.:shrug_oh_well:

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Aw man looking at that wants me to pick some parts off the creepy yoda set I have staring at my bed for some reason...:laugh:

I wonder when the sets will leak... cant be that far off.:shrug_oh_well:

I don’t think the sets will leak for a while still but we may start seeing minifig leaks pretty soon. Obviously some people have seen an image of the Dobby figure already

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

I really just want to know how the series two CMF leaked this early.  Someone at Lego is getting fired.

Its very similar to what happen with Series 16. 

I think the Series 16 bag leaked even earlier than this. And it was also a "fall" series. 

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I really just want to know how the series two CMF leaked this early.  Someone at Lego is getting fired.

Well this is probably around the time actual production would start, and that means the packaging has to be designed. The leak almost certainly came from within whatever graphic design office takes care of package design - after all it’s clearly a rendered image instead of an actual photo. 

Just noticed this: if you zoom in on the space above Harry's left shoulder (between his head and Myrtle's hair), you can see a small portion of a black and gold object, which could be Myrtle's accessory. Looking at the shape of the gold section, it looks similar to the clasp on Riddle's diary from S1- maybe her accessory is an undamaged diary?

1 minute ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Just noticed this: if you zoom in on the space above Harry's left shoulder (between his head and Myrtle's hair), you can see a small portion of a black and gold object, which could be Myrtle's accessory. Looking at the shape of the gold section, it looks similar to the clasp on Riddle's diary from S1- maybe her accessory is an undamaged diary?

Thats Dumbledore's torso/slope pieces

22 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Well this is probably around the time actual production would start, and that means the packaging has to be designed. The leak almost certainly came from within whatever graphic design office takes care of package design - after all it’s clearly a rendered image instead of an actual photo. 

Exactly, which is why we shouldn’t expect to see the rest of the minifigs in the series anytime soon like some people seem to think we will. I’m just glad we finally have an answer to the question of whether the series is postponed or not (although I supposed this could have been designed before a decision was made in that regard). Seeing some of the figures is really just a bonus I never would have expected

Question for all of you who may have a better idea than me.

The new CMF Harry is wearing the same outfit he wears in the OotP movie when he and Hermione exit the Forbidden Forest after Umbridge is taken by the centaurs. Do you think the same figure will be in the Forbidden Forest set, or will they use a screen-inaccurate outfit for the set?

5 minutes ago, Gryffindor said:

Question for all of you who may have a better idea than me.

The new CMF Harry is wearing the same outfit he wears in the OotP movie when he and Hermione exit the Forbidden Forest after Umbridge is taken by the centaurs. Do you think the same figure will be in the Forbidden Forest set, or will they use a screen-inaccurate outfit for the set?

Inaccurate. TLG wouldn't put a CMF figure in a set.

27 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly, which is why we shouldn’t expect to see the rest of the minifigs in the series anytime soon like some people seem to think we will. I’m just glad we finally have an answer to the question of whether the series is postponed or not (although I supposed this could have been designed before a decision was made in that regard). Seeing some of the figures is really just a bonus I never would have expected

If it were the raw file of what gets printed on the bag I’d say we had a chance of getting the checklist, but the leaked image is clearly edited to look like the actual foil package, and I doubt the people who handle the promo images have any access to the checklist/instruction book art. 
Ultimately, getting confirmation of the series and over half the characters is more than we could have ever hoped for anyway, especially since we’d all resigned ourselves to not getting series 2 this year before the leak. 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What looks off is the MINIFIGURES logo there, since it wasn't in the first one, but it's just because this is one the bigger new bag

They didn't do it for TLM 2. They've been including the Minifigures logo since Disney Series 2. DC had it as well.

But to everyone wondering where it came from and if this is legit. Yes, this is real. This is from the LEGO image server. Someone really goofed up. 

And if this is fake, then I'm out of a job. 

58 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It's unlikely but not impossible as that is exactly what happened with Series 16: first the bag leaked and then the checklist followed a month after. But considering the pics that were leaked my guess is that TLG knows exactly where to find the culprit, just like back then with Series 16

Just now, Ashnflash said:

They didn't do it for TLM 2. They've been including the Minifigures logo since Disney Series 2. DC had it as well.

Because TLM2 included Unikitty, who is clearly not a Minifigure

15 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Inaccurate. TLG wouldn't put a CMF figure in a set.

They did it with the Simpsons. I guess he could have a different face but that's it

Just now, Ashnflash said:

And if this is fake, then I'm out of a job. 

If this fake, then a former TLG employee did it, as it is someone who seems to have access to the software they use to render this.

But the chances of this being fake are like 0,1% 

--------------------

By the way @Ashnflash it seems someone in Billund really find your YT videos...... inspirational to say the least

Edited by Robert8

Looking closer, Neville's legs are dual molded. I just can't quite tell if they're mid height or regular. It would be great if they introduced dual molded mid legs, I guess we'll see when more images drop.

So excited that this is actually happening this year. Someone mentioned earlier when people were wondering if this was fake or not that the wand looked odd. It seems to look like hard plastic to me, it is very shiny. It could just be that its been edited in photoshop for the packaging but do you think they might have new wands this year that magical effects can attach to?