Chapter 9.2 - Payback

I ran up the stairs as fast as my legs would go, leaning on the stone walls. The closer I got to the upper floor, more I could hear the mumbling of voices, but I could not tell whose.
The arched doorway appeared over the stone steps, as I reached the upper floor. Leaning closer, I focused, trying to recognize the chatting, and heard a muffled dripping sound below me. Tap, tap, tap. A viscous red liquid was dripping from the steps, drifting through the stone and tainting a burgundy trail behind it.

Whose blood is this?

Payback

I gripped the pommel of my sword once more, praying I would not have to use it. The red pool grew larger as I walked my way into the room.
Glowing on the dim candlelight, I saw the general splattered on the floor. His once red and white vests were now only red. From what little I could see in that ill lit room, his face was pale and purple from the cold. I sighed.

The room turned even colder than before. The smell was wet and rotten.
Atop of the lifeless body of the Lion guard, stood a man covered in furs, with a red blade in his hand, and a goatee beard, soaked in sweat. His breathing was long and paused.

Payback

-        Thank the gods, you are alive. – I greeted Hob with relief.
-        Where in hell were you, kid?! - Hob shouted and the walls appeared to lean with the echo.

I lifted my bag and the sound of clinking metal washed his blood covered face, making him smile. But I couldn’t take my eyes from the red pool forming underneath our feet.

Hope you all like it. My story has been growing week by week and I'd love to hear what you think of it. 
Make sure to check the previous chapters. (I'll add the links as soon as I learn how). 

1 minute ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Chapter 9.2 - Payback

I ran up the stairs as fast as my legs would go, leaning on the stone walls. The closer I got to the upper floor, more I could hear the mumbling of voices, but I could not tell whose.
The arched doorway appeared over the stone steps, as I reached the upper floor. Leaning closer, I focused, trying to recognize the chatting, and heard a muffled dripping sound below me. Tap, tap, tap. A viscous red liquid was dripping from the steps, drifting through the stone and tainting a burgundy trail behind it.

Whose blood is this?

Payback

I gripped the pommel of my sword once more, praying I would not have to use it. The red pool grew larger as I walked my way into the room.
Glowing on the dim candlelight, I saw the general splattered on the floor. His once red and white vests were now only red. From what little I could see in that ill lit room, his face was pale and purple from the cold. I sighed.

The room turned even colder than before. The smell was wet and rotten.
Atop of the lifeless body of the Lion guard, stood a man covered in furs, with a red blade in his hand, and a goatee beard, soaked in sweat. His breathing was long and paused.

Payback

-        Thank the gods, you are alive. – I greeted Hob with relief.
-        Where in hell were you, kid?! - Hob shouted and the walls appeared to lean with the echo.

I lifted my bag and the sound of clinking metal washed his blood covered face, making him smile. But I couldn’t take my eyes from the red pool forming underneath our feet.

Hope you all like it. My story has been growing week by week and I'd love to hear what you think of it. 
Make sure to check the previous chapters. (I'll add the links as soon as I learn how). 

I just like to read the previous qndnext story of this moc... I can se so much details to this creation.. Very nice colors, very nice characters and very nice story behind of this.. Well done.. I am waiting for the next story!!! 

2 minutes ago, pantelis said:

I just like to read the previous qndnext story of this moc... I can se so much details to this creation.. Very nice colors, very nice characters and very nice story behind of this.. Well done.. I am waiting for the next story!!! 

Thank you, fellow Pantelis! 
I'm glad you enjoyed reading through the story and liked the builds. 

I'll make sure to add the links to the previous and following chapter in each topic, in no time.
In the meantime, I'll send you below a couple of the recent scenes, if you'd like to read along. 

Bounty (Chapter 9.1)
The Keeper (Chapter 9)
Svälg Keep (Chapter 8)

Thanks for the support, mate!
Cheers.

Thank you for posting this storys..!! The chapter 8 blow my eyes with this superb fortress..i also like the other 2 storys.. Keep on the great build and the great chapter to your creations!! 

1 hour ago, pantelis said:

Thank you for posting this storys..!! The chapter 8 blow my eyes with this superb fortress..i also like the other 2 storys.. Keep on the great build and the great chapter to your creations!! 

I’m happy you liked them, Pantelis, and I’m particularly proud of the 8th chapter as well. I hope the next ones will step up.

Thanks again for the support, man.