Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[Factions Ep. 3] [Kaminoan - S15 - Kamino] [S15 - Kamino - Triumvirate] Diplomacy on Kamino

*Your entry has earned 3 XP*

If the fact-finding mission to Mimban was a misery and Ruusan was a frustration, the subsequent envoy to Kamino was much more to my liking. 
Officially, my job on that water-world was to wrap up the clone project that had begun nearly 30 years previously. Unofficially, I was looking forward to relaxing in civilised company, and doing some honest business.

Diplomacy on Kamino

The Kaminoans were sympathetic to my mission, but reluctant to put the wheels in motion for me. Sure, they wanted to draw a line under that bit of history, but they weren't convinced that the Triumvirate were the appropriate people to do it with. 
Suggestions were raised that the New Republic were the natural successors to the Old Republic. But I pointed out that the New Republic itself claimed a big difference there, whereas the distinction between the Old Republic and the Empire was purely branding. The Triumvirate were simply the most business-minded remnant of that Empire left.
In the end, I was able to win them over by offering exclusivity on any future cloning operations carried out for the Triumvirate. Frankly, I didn't see us using that option much in the future, and it wasn't really something the Kaminoans could contest in the breach. Likely it was just something that they wanted to have if they needed to justify the decision internally. 

Diplomacy on Kamino

And for my efforts, I got to be the one who handed over 30 years of documents, DNA records, and all sorts of secrets. Better they stay with us than end up in someone else's hands.

Edited by goatman461

Brilliant Kaminoan, I actually had a similar idea a while back but never acted on it, probably the closest you can get to the source material without going custom. Kudos!

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I like your platform. It looks very Kaminoan.

Thanks! The circular end section was really yellowed, so a lot of the photography is tweaked to conceal that.

1 hour ago, JoeChu1980 said:

it's very good inspiration of the Kamino MF

Thanks!