knotian

Inventory software

I have use Basebrick in the past, but due to conditions well under my control, LAZY:blush: it has gotten out of control. I need to start a total inventory, not based on sets, of what I have. I'd like to set up a second account but can't without a new email account.

Is their any other similar software to use? I need the capability to input sets BUT only want one inventory, since I part out 90% of the sets I buy. So in the real world the parts are combined and that is what I want to be reflected in the inventory.

I'm beginning to think that a spreadsheet will be the best option.

Suggestions?

Thanx

Ed

53 minutes ago, knotian said:

I have use Basebrick in the past, but due to conditions well under my control, LAZY:blush: it has gotten out of control. I need to start a total inventory, not based on sets, of what I have. I'd like to set up a second account but can't without a new email account.

Is their any other similar software to use? I need the capability to input sets BUT only want one inventory, since I part out 90% of the sets I buy. So in the real world the parts are combined and that is what I want to be reflected in the inventory.

Suggestions?

Thanx

Ed

Does BrickLink have this type of feature? I'm somewhat suprised Brickset doesn't as they have a log of basically every single set.

Otherwise, the old fashioned spreadsheet might be the option.

I use rebrickable to keep track of my personal inventory. I may not understand completely what you are trying to do. Rebrickable will tell you total parts that are in your sets, etc.

I would suggest Rebrickable too.  It allows you to add sets to your inventory and gives you the option to keep it on the record as a set or add the parts to your loose parts inventory.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, knotian said:

Same here, as @Grover said.

I am using BrickSet as source and online repository - they make nice statistics as well. Then c/p their specific info into an Excel sheet with my personal additions (#instructions, date purchased etc., etc.). Bet this will work even better on other platforms, but so far nothing is better than my Excel spread sheet. For me that is:wink:

Best
Thorsten