TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

I am excited about the set because I think that I am going to put it next to my Friends Central Perk Cafe. I am making a mini NYC so that's why. 

With the reveal of the new minions set they also revealed a new hairpiece for the minion named Otto. I think they might use it for Bert as well as it looks exactly like his hair.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

With the reveal of the new minions set they also revealed a new hairpiece for the minion named Otto. I think they might use it for Bert as well as it looks exactly like his hair.

I hope you're right! At first I assumed the hair was part of the head mold, but on closer inspection there's a ridge that seems to indicate a separate piece. If that is the case, what do you think they'll do for Ernie's hair?

4 hours ago, tafkatb said:

I hope you're right! At first I assumed the hair was part of the head mold, but on closer inspection there's a ridge that seems to indicate a separate piece. If that is the case, what do you think they'll do for Ernie's hair?

I have no idea. Honestly they might just use it for Ernie as well, but I hope another new piece will be revealed before that.

On 10/3/2019 at 5:10 AM, sunhuntin said:

Likewise, I don't remember any of the humans from the show. I would love them to include figs of Jim Henson Frank Oz and other important "behind the Muppets" people.

As to the Muppets themselves, Big Bird, Oscar, Bert and Ernie plus Kermit are essentials. Snuffleupagus would be nice, Miss Piggy, Animal, Rowlf and, and, and... So many fond memories, so few fig spaces!

Funny, this didn't really occur to me (and I do remember the humans from the show). I totally agree that Jim Henson and Frank Oz are the most important humans on the show. I have to say I would be a lot more excited to get Henson and Oz then Gordan and Bob.

On 3/2/2020 at 8:45 PM, Gomek said:

Funny, this didn't really occur to me (and I do remember the humans from the show). I totally agree that Jim Henson and Frank Oz are the most important humans on the show. I have to say I would be a lot more excited to get Henson and Oz then Gordan and Bob.

I'm not even sure if they will do the human characters. They've never been included in other sesame street toys and honestly I don't know any of these characters, nor would most people. And this despite growing up with sesame street. Problem is there are tons of different versions of sesame street over the world. Here in the Netherlands for example we have an entirely different cast of humans with a dubbed version of the American puppet sections in between. So while we do know Bert, Ernie and Elmo, no one here has heard of Bob and Gordon but instead we know Aart and Hakim. And the same could be said for many other countries. I also don't think they'll include Jim and Frank as they weren't characters on the show. Besides, there are already a ton of figures for the set and Lego is known to leave some of the figures out of the final ideas product. (Children and Dino in the flintstones, crew with friends etc.)

Same! When do you guys expect it to be revealed? While last year's reveals took place two weeks before the release, the last Ideas set (Pirates) was revealed just one week before.

Regarding the set itself, I'm most curious about which minifigures will be included and how they'll be realized.

Oh I forgot about this. 

It's almost a year since it got approved :oh:

Not a single minifigure has leaked, with means the release date is not even close, right? 

Just now, Robert8 said:

Not a single minifigure has leaked, with means the release date is not even close, right? 

Not necessarily, as leaks have been quite inconsistent lately :wink: While we‘ve recently seen leaks for the upcoming Diagon Alley set, there hasn‘t been a single leak for any of the Star Wars or Super Mario sets. If it really is slated for August as some rumours claim, I wouldn‘t be surprised if there weren‘t any leaks at all, just like with the rest of the August releases.

Well, there are no minifigure in the Super Mario sets... that explains it, doesn't it?

Now that I think about it, during this year TLG didn't introduce a single mold that could be reused in this set, right?

I wonder if this will be the first IDEAS with new molds....

Just now, Robert8 said:

Now that I think about it, during this year TLG didn't introduce a single mold that could be reused in this set, right?

A hairpiece from Minions could potentially be reused for Bert and/or Ernie.

Just now, tafkatb said:

A hairpiece from Minions could potentially be reused for Bert and/or Ernie.

Which one?

Ohhh I forgot Minions was a thing that happened :/

I wonder how that pieces looks on a minifgure head

Thanks the reply

Hmmmm

I'm not sure if they will be able to pull this one off without Simpsons-like headmolds

23 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Y’all might want to temper expectations cause 21233 most likely will be Playable Piano 

Set 21323 has already been listed as Sesame Street on Amazon for a very short time. The release date was set to November which would fit into Lego's usual policy that sets are sold exclusively for three months after which they go to a couple of retailers as well.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:14 AM, 8fifty said:

Set 21323 has already been listed as Sesame Street on Amazon for a very short time. The release date was set to November which would fit into Lego's usual policy that sets are sold exclusively for three months after which they go to a couple of retailers as well.

LEGO ideas just dropped a teaser for 21323 Playable Piano. 

Edited by 7982Brick2

On 7/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, 7982Brick2 said:

Y’all might want to temper expectations cause 21233 most likely will be Playable Piano 

why did you have to be right:cry3:

Didn‘t see that one coming *huh* So stonewars were surprisingly completely wrong, which they also just admitted to in their latest article. For that price, it has to have some sort of functionality

5 minutes ago, Surge said:

As a big Sesame Street fan I didn’t want it to be true.

18 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

LEGO ideas just dropped a teaser for 21323 Playable Piano. 

Yes, you were right. Probs to you, I fell for a false information ?

7 minutes ago, Surge said:

The fact that I have to wait even longer for Sesame Street really bothers me at the moment. A $350 set would have been something we could have expected a lot of... 

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Didn‘t see that one coming *huh* So stonewars were surprisingly completely wrong, which they also just admitted to in their latest article. For that price, it has to have some sort of functionality

That surprised me as well as they are usually pretty reliable...but ok, they related to a listing on Amazon. Everyone can list products on Amazon so that seems to be another stage of spreading fake news ?

4 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

As a big Sesame Street fan I didn’t want it to be true.

So when do you guys expect the set to be released alternatively? In the past, Lego didn't hesitate to bring out two Ideas sets in two months in a row so is there a chance we can already get in in September?