This question is for folks that set-up GBC modules at events. Do you have an emergency/breakdown/set-up kit that you take to events? If so what do you have in your kit? I did my first event this past weekend and would like to make sure that I am better equipped for the next event which will be in October. Thanks, Daniel

Basicly spares for essential components you have used in your modules including some plates to level out modules when tables are not even.
And of course a ball picker.

4 hours ago, dgeehot said:

This question is for folks that set-up GBC modules at events. Do you have an emergency/breakdown/set-up kit that you take to events? If so what do you have in your kit? I did my first event this past weekend and would like to make sure that I am better equipped for the next event which will be in October. Thanks, Daniel

What issues did you run into? 

My "kit" is geared towards outdoor picnics where I normally run my GBCs.

12V lead acid batteries
extension cords
level
shims for leveling tables on the grass
extra balls
chopsticks for poking and picking up balls
spare modules
food, water, umbrella

I don't carry my own spare parts since I lug the LUG's play bricks around.  In an emergency I can find something in there.  I run my most reliable modules and don't have much problems.  :classic:

I take a fishing tackle box full of LEGO pieces for spares/changes/improvements.  I don't need them often, but I hate the thought of not having them just in case.  Those pieces are sometimes used as spacers for uneven tables too. 

I also take a large assortment of parts for "infrastructure", i.e. things to make a functional GBC.  That includes extension cords & power strips, 9v LEGO train controllers & power adapters, PF to 9v adapters, NXT wires/battery packs/power adapters, PF switches, GBC balls, etc.  I also usually try to pack at least a few snacks & drinks as well.  Many of the GBC organizers I display with have terrycloth tablecloths and pieces they use for fencing to keep loose balls from falling off the tables & rolling everywhere.  I don't have any myself, but it is something I'm considering adding to my collection.  And if you're displaying on a concrete floor, some anti-fatigue mats to stand on are awesome.

At the larger shows there may be someone who has all the necessary wires & adapters and would rather you use their stuff.  But I always take my stuff just in case.  Of course I drive to all the events I go to, so I rarely have to worry about an extra box or two or the extra weight involved. 

Thank you Dr_Spock  for your input and response. In your post you indicate that you use the most reliable modules are they of your own design or they designed by others. I set-up my first show this past weekend and had an on-going issue of my modules getting jammed up or losing balls. What would you recommend as good reliable modules

Edited by dgeehot

Good reliable modules -> https://www.greatballpit.com/p/lego-gbc-for-beginners.html

On 9/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, dgeehot said:

Thank you Dr_Spock  for your input and response. In your post you indicate that you use the most reliable modules are they of your own design or they designed by others. I set-up my first show this past weekend and had an on-going issue of my modules getting jammed up or losing balls. What would you recommend as good reliable modules