The Brick Boss

Q&A: What is your favorite LEGO Vehicle?

I might watch at it with rosetinted glasses, but the most memorable Town/City vehicle for me was the 6348 Surveillance Squad:

6348-1.png

This is the spiritual mother of all "mobile police centers" through the City age - most of which are awesome for all the same reasons. Offering great play value and lots of functionality for pretty much any city layout.

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m quite surprised school hasn’t been a subject in LEGO yet. They have such a presence in their bricks being used as an education tool, you’d think it’s an easy choice. I guess the main problem would’ve been what kind of action scenes could be portrayed. Even where conflict doesn’t exist, like in the Arctic subtheme, there was still action by way of escalating & search. 

Truthfully speaking, little things like a school bus great vehicle, don't really need action. Lego has made City sets that haven't had action. If they did have action, they would've had mini movies dedicated to them. 

....and as for the arctic.  Its not just action. But children also love to make discoveries too. 

9 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Like this?

img_4418.jpg

Exactly. Only they'll have to make it 6 stud wide. That's 8 stud wide. 

Edited by pooda

7 hours ago, pooda said:

Truthfully speaking, little thinks like a school bus great vehicle, don't really need action. Lego has made City sets that haven't had action. If they did have action, they would've had mini movies dedicated to them. 

Ah, true. Didn’t even think about the “Great Vehicles.” They easily could toss in a school bus under that designation. 

6 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Ah, true. Didn’t even think about the “Great Vehicles.” They easily could toss in a school bus under that designation. 

Another bus I have yet to see that I always wanted to see was a Police Bus. That would be two popular subjects in one. Why? Because two of the top 5 things that sell well amongst City fans are police cars and buses. I keep writing TLG and telling them that they need to do a prison bus. Considering that all Winter 2020 sets haven't be revealed yet, I wonder if that's one of the classic police sets for next year. 

Edited by pooda

I dare say that 6484 was the best vehicle ever, considering it had electric functions, not just a motor, but THE micro 2x2 motor (only came in 10 sets) and an electric light system with interchangable light bulbs in many colours. Furthermore it still looks great and detailed, allthough its a typical 90ies easy build up. Accesorries are abundant in this set, which was a great play feature. I switched out the F1 car for my new 1/47 classic Town scale BMW, since im currently merging new scaling ideas with the original approaches of minifig scale from TLG's early sets...

I dont think the modern CITY series haulers are en pair, feature and design wise... considering this was 1995!

48762782637_8702550d77.jpgold meets new by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

On 9/19/2019 at 10:52 PM, Ron Dayes said:

I dare say that 6484 was the best vehicle ever, considering it had electric functions, not just a motor, but THE micro 2x2 motor (only came in 10 sets) and an electric light system with interchangable light bulbs in many colours. Furthermore it still looks great and detailed, allthough its a typical 90ies easy build up. Accesorries are abundant in this set, which was a great play feature. I switched out the F1 car for my new 1/47 classic Town scale BMW, since im currently merging new scaling ideas with the original approaches of minifig scale from TLG's early sets...

I dont think the modern CITY series haulers are en pair, feature and design wise... considering this was 1995!

48762782637_8702550d77.jpgold meets new by Ron Dayes, auf Flickr

That's amazing.