The Brick Boss

Q&A: What is your favorite LEGO Vehicle?

Welp! Finally, I have found the time to do a little Q&A.....if that's okay to do here! If its not okay, please feel free to remove this admins. But anyway, I'd like to start a topic on vehicles - particularly ones we like!  For me personally, my favorite vehicle has to be the bus from City set number 60154. I just love buses and I do drive a bus for a living. Truthfully speaking, I kinda wish that was a sub theme for that year. But I guess Lego knows best. 

So without further to do, what's your favorite LEGO vehicle? 

Edited by pooda

6660 Hook n haul wrecker, with its working suspension and (most importantly) its accessible engine. Discovered it at school back in '93. Really opened my eyes to what Lego could do. When I MOC or MOD a vehicle, I usually start with the engine. 

Favourite Official Set: 6653 Highway Maintenance Truck

Favourite MOC by others: Citroen 2CV by Misterzumbi

Favourite MOC/MOD by me (standing on the shoulders of giants): Jango Fett's Slave 1

21 minutes ago, Bornin1980something said:

6660 Hook n haul wrecker, with its working suspension and (most importantly) its accessible engine. Discovered it at school back in '93. Really opened my eyes to what Lego could do. When I MOC or MOD a vehicle, I usually start with the engine. 

That was a good one too. Lego is just great at making tow trucks. 

1 minute ago, DeCommander96 said:

I don't collect/know any city sets, but I do like the van from the Spider-Man homecoming sets.

That's a good one. 

10 minutes ago, pooda said:

Oh my! That was a great one! 

I have a photo in my hand of me on holidays in Italy in 1982 holding 6653 and 6628 in my hands! I also owned 375 at the time. All classics...

The ultimate quinjet set 76126 was certainly a great aircraft despite having little to do with the film. It had a great colour scheme and loads of room inside (once you discarded the useless trike). It is probably my favourite that I own. Creator 31083 was amazing as the main build but I sadly never picked that one up.

2 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

The ultimate quinjet set 76126 was certainly a great aircraft despite having little to do with the film. It had a great colour scheme and loads of room inside (once you discarded the useless trike). It is probably my favourite that I own. Creator 31083 was amazing as the main build but I sadly never picked that one up.

Nice

6340 Hook & Ladder. That was the first time I ever saved up to buy my own Lego set so it will always have a special place for me.

1 hour ago, Bludchylde said:

6340 Hook & Ladder. That was the first time I ever saved up to buy my own Lego set so it will always have a special place for me.

I agree. If you worked hard for a Lego set, you're able to appreciate it more. 

I would go with the van in 60117. It’s just so different from any vehicle we’ve had in recent years. It was nice not building the typical car. 

Edited by Vindicare

9 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I would go with the van in 60117. It’s just so different from any vehicle we’ve had in recent years. It was nice not building the typical car. 

I have that van for my town. 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:24 PM, Retro said:

Favourite Official Set: 6653 Highway Maintenance Truck

Ooh, of the classic ones, this is a nice one indeed! Had it as a kid, loved it a lot. But from the classics for me it would be 600, 602, 606 and 608 - I had al of those. I think of those, 608 is probably the one I liked most.

Edited by jfbat

For us it 60060, car transport.  Its not the prettiest set TLG has ever made but get the most play time from my kids.  We have added a few more 4 stud wide cars to increase play ability.

Image result for lego car transporter

43 minutes ago, LegoDW said:

For us it 60060, car transport.  Its not the prettiest set TLG has ever made but get the most play time from my kids.  We have added a few more 4 stud wide cars to increase play ability.

That's also a great addition to any town. A car transport thing to bring that shiny new car to the dealer before you mess it up? Before it's stolen by criminals? I jest. Somewhat.

I've got good memories of 7991 that my brother owns, mainly of him using it as a transport vehicle in battles we would have as kids.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:26 AM, LegoDW said:

That was a good one too. Personally, I think it was one of the best GVs that City has made. I love it when TLG surprises me with vehicles. This was a surprise. 

Edited by pooda

54 minutes ago, Selander said:

3177 :sadnew:

Simple yet brilliant... 

The car that looks like a Smart car. Nice!

24 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

7750...it came along before my time, but to me it represents the golden age of Lego trains.

Cool

From City/Town it is really just any police cars. I don't think Lego can really make enough of these. The kids just love playing with them so we have a few.

From a non-City/Town perspective my favourite vehicle that I own would be the 75192 UCS Millenium Falcon; favourite that I don't own is the 7784 Tim Burton Batmobile.

On 9/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, pooda said:

My dream vehicle that I wish City would do - a school bus! 

I’m quite surprised school hasn’t been a subject in LEGO yet. They have such a presence in their bricks being used as an education tool, you’d think it’s an easy choice. I guess the main problem would’ve been what kind of action scenes could be portrayed. Even where conflict doesn’t exist, like in the Arctic subtheme, there was still action by way of escalating & search. 

Edited by Vindicare