Digger of Bricks

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

1 hour ago, lifeinplastic said:

Any rumours on the People Packs for 2020? I was surprised there were two release for 2019 (Fun at the Fair and the Space Centre). Hopefully this means they are popular, although they do need to try to ensure there are new elements that make them worth the price, as I think they are too expensive otherwise, without having something like the wheelchair & baby from the first one.

I adore the people packs. I remember the first one I got was the park people pack. 

1. The people packs seem to be a huge success - otherwise TLG wouldn't have released even two in 2019. So we can be sure that there'll be minimum one, maybe even two sets in the 2020 summer wave, too.

2. With the huge number of sets, the subtheme of 60260-60266 can only be an explorer theme. I hope that it'll be something completely new - either desert (with pyramids and tombs) or forest (with castle ruins). But I fear that it'll be diverse again (since 2019 saw space again, too).

And yes, I, too, am surprised that there hasn't been any leaks yet - not even some set descriptions. But judging how it was the last years, we can await official pics in the end of this month.

19 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

1. The people packs seem to be a huge success - otherwise TLG wouldn't have released even two in 2019. So we can be sure that there'll be minimum one, maybe even two sets in the 2020 summer wave, too.

I'm gonna assume one of those MDP is a people pack. 

2. With the huge number of sets, the subtheme of 60260-60266 can only be an explorer theme. I hope that it'll be something completely new - either desert (with pyramids and tombs) or forest (with castle ruins). But I fear that it'll be diverse again (since 2019 saw space again, too).

Lego is capable of making up to 10 City subthemes a year. I hope they shock us with two more to go with that explorers theme if there is one this year. Other than the Town subtheme!

I wouldn't call it a HUGE number that we're getting. But it's a decent amount. 

And yes, I, too, am surprised that there hasn't been any leaks yet - not even some set descriptions. But judging how it was the last years, we can await official pics in the end of this month.

Oh shoot. I forgot about those privacy laws in Europe that just started. Thats the whole reason why the VIP system only allows us to redeem our points via the internet. So that could also be probably why we haven't seen leaks. So we have to wait for the official pics. Sorry guys! 

Edited by pooda

19 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Dude! That bold statement is the best idea IMO ever. I can imagine a group of explorers looking for rare items found in an abandoned castle and possibly could reference some castle sub-themes that AFOL's can relate to.

Then again, That's just wishful thinking but hopefully it will come true someday.

Edited by AMD

3 hours ago, pooda said:

But I'm still wondering how the hell we're seeing leaks of other sets. But we're not seeing leaks of City. 

The Minifig leaks that we have seen for other themes are of items that likely have been taken from production facilities, so perhaps the 2020 City Minifig pieces are not deemed "interesting" enough to steal? ?

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Minifig leaks that we have seen for other themes are of items that likely have been taken from production facilities, so perhaps the 2020 City Minifig pieces are not deemed "interesting" enough to steal? ?

Not just minifigs. I mean building kits too. 

12 minutes ago, pooda said:

Not just minifigs. I mean building kits too. 

It is odd that there have been no leaked set-descriptions, however no actual images of sets have leaked for any other theme. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

I have some intel that we may be getting a new subtheme called Turbo Wheels, including 60258, 60257, 60256, and 60255. I also have prices and minifig counts (These are from a website, NOT leaked by me or anything). @pooda @AMD @Classic_Spaceman

LEGO 60258 Tuning Workshop

5 +NEW

€ 99,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60257 Service Station

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60256 Racing Cars

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60255 Stunt Team

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60246 Police Station

5 +NEW

€ 99,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60245 Police Monster Truck Heist

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60244 Police Helicopter Transport

5 +NEW

€ 49,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60243 Police Helicopter Chase

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60242 Police Highway Arrest

5 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60241 Police Dog Unit

4 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60254 Race Boat Transporter

5 +NEW

€ 29,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60253 Ice Cream Truck

5 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60252 Construction Bulldozer

4 +NEW

€ 19,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60251 Monster Truck

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60249 Street Sweeper

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60248 Fire Response Helicopter

5 +NEW

€ 24,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

LEGO 60247 Forest Fire

5 +NEW

€ 9,99

COMING SOON!
 Store

1 hour ago, Dominic said:

I have some intel that we may be getting a new subtheme called Turbo Wheels, including 60258, 60257, 60256, and 60255. I also have prices and minifig counts (These are from a website, NOT leaked by me or anything). @pooda @AMD @Classic_Spaceman

Turbo Wheels? That name felt like it came from a discontinued theme LEGO Racers. Looking forward to whats in the pic.

As for the price, I'm worried about the Police Station though. 99 euros? That's 109 US dollars not including tax and the piece count is 743 which is not a good price per piece ratio.

Edited by AMD

8 hours ago, AMD said:

As for the price, I'm worried about the Police Station though. 99 euros? That's 109 US dollars not including tax and the piece count is 743 which is not a good price per piece ratio.

I think it'll be 99USD, the prices aren't usually converted...

9 hours ago, Dominic said:

I have some intel that we may be getting a new subtheme called Turbo Wheels, including 60258, 60257, 60256, and 60255. 

It will be something like Go-Kart from the Friends series ?

59 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I think it'll be 99USD, the prices aren't usually converted...

$99.99? But the new police station has way less pieces (743 pieces) than the last one (894 pieces). I would've though $79.99 or $89.99. 

Edited by pooda

13 minutes ago, AnyColourYouLike said:

Police Monster Truck...? 

I highly doubt that. 

The german name of the set apparently is : Raubüberfall mit dem Monster-Truck

Monster truck Robbery.

So maybe more alike to some ATM or Safe being pulled from a small wall section to get to some LEGO cash, as LEGO has done before with bulldozer and tow-truck in 2017 :

60137-1.jpg?201611101158

60140-1.jpg?201611300919

Edited by TeriXeri

One of the people's packs in the USA is a Target exclusive though (the Space one.) and I find that annoying.

Also annoyed we get two racing themes yet we can't get two futuristic space themes at the same time?

I think what LEGO is doing is now adding in the 20% discount every set gets at Walmart/Amazon/Target.

2019 minifigs cost $4
2020 minifigs cost $5 - 20% = $4

2018 PD station cost $100 (currently on sale at Target.com for $64 and you get a $10 gift card today)
2020 PD station cost $100, but only 800 pieces. -20% is $80.

@Ragana9289 We already got a police tank about 15 years ago in World City.

1 minute ago, Maple said:

Also annoyed we get two racing themes yet we can't get two futuristic space themes at the same time?

The space theme we have now is actually present day and is based off of NASA. It was brought back to celebrate its anniversary. 

As for futuristic? We've got Star Wars. 

1 minute ago, pooda said:

The space theme we have now is actually present day and is based off of NASA. It was brought back to celebrate its anniversary. 

As for futuristic? We've got Star Wars. 

I mean like 'Classic' Space, or even Space Police / Galaxy Squad type. I don't want Star Wars sets, Galaxy Squad had some awesome designs. One of my favorite themes ever was Alien Conquest.

If you want race cars then by Speed Champaign sets. But no, two things of racers but no Space theme besides Star Junk.

13 minutes ago, Maple said:

I mean like 'Classic' Space, or even Space Police / Galaxy Squad type. I don't want Star Wars sets, Galaxy Squad had some awesome designs. One of my favorite themes ever was Alien Conquest.

Lets get it through our heads dude. As much as we want those back - the chance that they're coming back is slim. So....City Space Exploration and Star Wars are our only options. 

If you want race cars then by Speed Champaign sets. But no, two things of racers but no Space theme besides Star Junk.

Race cars are as popular among children. That's why they get emphasized. Just like police sets do. 

As for that "If you want race cars, buy Speed Champions" comment...That's like saying "If you want police sets, buy classic police". But like you told me, Lego is primarily for children. So our rants will go unheard. Especially when it comes to things that sell like race cars and emergency vehicles. 

Edited by pooda

The current City City Police Station is $54 in the USA on Amazon. It might be the worst one Lego has made in awhile but it' still cheaper than next year's set will be.