Sign in to follow this  
Hogwarts

Lego Harry Potter2019 Sets Mini Review [Picture Heavy]

Hogwarts Clock Tower 

This is a really gorgeous set. The interiors are so genius! I do wish the DADA classroom was bigger and that the chalk board could be flipped to have a picture of the boggart wardrobe. Dumbledore's office actually looks great with a little fix (see below). The figures are fantastic except Krum's face/hair, Fleur's hair and I am still torn on Hermione's hair. I also wish we could have gotten a small pendulum on the bottom floor. But would absolutely recommend this one!

Pictures are under the spoilers

Spoiler

QVC6MWX.jpg

cFf3ybs.jpg

AOSzBPi.jpg

lc66LDg.jpg

Pushing the desk back a bit gives the office a bit more room for figures

Spoiler

F3CNs6V.jpg

DAeTLRz.jpg

Minifigures

Spoiler

2Ewezdz.jpg

UgI32MU.jpg

qu8eCBY.jpg

iev54lq.jpg

Vignettes with other figures

Spoiler

OUcHkw7.jpg

OXqZuLf.jpg

EU9VnFo.jpg

PDhD0N8.jpg

pDTRXbE.jpg

W4oZDRp.jpg

b3Tkq5f.jpg

QH57krI.jpg

Connected to last year's castles

Spoiler

TK26z6i.jpg

3uT2SHz.jpg

Hagrid's Hut

This is an amazing set! Definitely my favourite of all of the Huts released by Lego. On official pictures I always thought the interior looked sparse, but in real life it looks a lot better. The light brick looks good, the minifgures are all wonderful and Buckbeak is beautiful! Would absolutely recommend. 

Spoiler

hbhdMO3.jpg

z1LlT67.jpg

30CIbW5.jpg

Minifigures

Spoiler

en13UlJ.jpg

aLcd5wU.jpg

rvojuIS.jpg

ogewjgj.jpg

mD4YJKF.jpg

Vignettes with other figures

Spoiler

361dfJR.jpg

s2jrKPx.jpg

v6ZAiKg.jpg

Knight Bus

It's a nice set but it's never really excited me. I do think this is the best version by Lego so far, but it almost feels like it needs something else to improve on the previous one like all the rest of the sets have had (like maybe No.4 Privet Drive). The minifigures are brilliant (although it irks me that Stan and Ernie got new prints when Fleur and Krum didn't), and I wish we got the Grim!

Spoiler

aQGJeIR.jpg

R145jQl.jpg

ynEBOUF.jpg

F3MowUx.jpg

mJOrr5d.jpg

Minifigures

Spoiler

1t4kFYq.jpg

nx5M0Dw.jpg

Hungarian Horntail Triwizard Challenge

I understand the disappointment with this set, but overall I actually think it's pretty good. The tent is quite nice in real life, and the dragon isn't as bad as I first thought (although its body looks blocky). The minifigs are all nice (except Fleur's face and Krum's face and hair) and the golden egg is lovely!

Spoiler

CskUhAO.jpg

YqL3E4i.jpg

FrfV5oA.jpg

Minifigures

Spoiler

1yzbrA0.jpg

LX5QeGt.jpg

Dragon

Spoiler

8ETtdai.jpg

eSarJIp.jpg

RRRWsce.jpg

8iLCbKy.jpg

9jTFpX4.jpg

Expecto Patronum

For the price, especially, this is a really great set. The build is nice but the minifgures are the main focus, and Sirius is great and that patronus is amazing!

Spoiler

uXplWBh.jpg

KZKHXr7.jpg

Minifigures

Spoiler

c8yCSHz.jpg

2ZNYne5.jpg

ACwwMQg.jpg

Thanks for posting these pictures.  It's fun to see the sets "out of the box in the wild" for the first time.  Not being much of a Potter-head myself, I don't plan on buying any of them, but I think they're pretty darn good sets for the subject material - especially all those detailed, scene-appropriate minifigures!

Thanks for posting these. The Clock Tower looks fantastic connected to the sets from last year, although I think it needs another one of those tower pieces from the Whomping Willow set to maintain better consistency with how the castle map is generally depicted, since as I understand it, the entrance to the Clock Tower is supposed to run almost parallel to the entrance to the Great Hall.

Thanks so much for sharing all of these!  I especially like your “vignettes with other minifigures.”  Honestly, one more wave and collectible minifigure series, and I feel like all the essential places and people of Hogwarts will be there!  Obviously, I hope we see the Ministry, Grimmauld Place, The Burrow, Diagon Alley, the Lovegood house, Hogsmeade, etc., but I will say that your Castle itself looks pretty darn impressive so far.  

I wonder why there wasn’t room in the budget to print a new issue of the Daily Prophet with Sirius’s escape, though...

Great review!

I am curious what the combined Hogwarts Layout looks like with the modular pieces re-arranged. For instance how does it look with the Clock Tower on the opposite side of the Great Hall (instead of attached to the Whomping Willow set), with the Yule Ball section sandwiched in between. 

ZuEcNBr.jpg

Edited by Ferder

The sets look great! Despite disappointment the Horntail set is still my favorite and the dragon looks good and is nicely poseable. The head still should have been something better and the fat legs look bad but those are my 2 major complaints. Of course I would've loved it if they recolored Smaug's wings for it too but I understand if they couldn't.

Edited by ToaDraco