Hinckley

The Forest 3 Mafia Day Two–Evidence of So-Called Evil

5 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Hmm. IDK if it's just me, but you were quick to claim once you had seven votes. Like, minutes quick.

But if I wanted to fake claim, inventor wouldn't be my first pick so I kinda believe him.

I actually was typing my response right when the seventh vooote appeared:laugh:.

6 minutes ago, Ronan Rabbit said:

An inventor who can give out an invention during the day is plausible.  Having a day blocker who conveniently blocked you during today when you hadn't yet given anyone a reason to seems a little less plausible.  There are usually no restrictions on who an invention can be given to, so I'm not sure we can read too much into that side of the equation yet.

I'm keen to hear from those with a better grasp of the history books about the use of day blocks.

That's why I was confused alsooo.

31 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

Hmm. IDK if it's just me, but you were quick to claim once you had seven votes. Like, minutes quick.

But if I wanted to fake claim, inventor wouldn't be my first pick so I kinda believe him.

This feels to me like you are supporting a buddy.  You've barely said boo all day and now you have an opinion that is more than a restatement of someone else's.  It is nothing more than just a claim until it is verified.

Also, when did Myrtle become a "he"?  Care to share more?

Vote Tally

Ember Elephant: 1 (Brewer Bunny)
Myrtle Monkey: 6 (Pierot Parrot, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Leevi Lion)
Ronan Rabbit: 1 (Myrtle Monkey)
Pierot Parrot: 1 (Haydn Hippo)

With 13 players left, it takes 7 votes to lynch. 15 hours remain in the day.

Just now, Bennett Bulldog said:

Though it is early, and possible it’s a trick.

I say we give Myrtle the benefit of the doubt and not risking losing such a useful role.:look: 

What is your view on why she was not able to give you whatever invention she tried to give you? How useful do you think it will be now that everyone, including scum, know about it?

@Myrtle Monkey, what was it you tried to give Bennett? 

Just now, Ronan Rabbit said:

What is your view on why she was not able to give you whatever invention she tried to give you? How useful do you think it will be now that everyone, including scum, know about it?

Myrtle already said she tried to give me a one-shot block invention. 

I have no knowledge of why I wouldn’t be able to receive an invention.

BAWK!

1 hour ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Oooh boy. I am the inventooor. I attempted to send an invention to Bennet Bulldooog toooday but was unsuccesful. Yesterday I made an invention that could be used to protect myself and used during the night.

Did Shifty Sheepdog or Peppa Pig tell you to whom you may or may not give a gift?

52 minutes ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

But do you have an opinion about who would be a good lynch candidate today? If we step back from Myrtle Monkey, then Haydn Hippo seems all right to me.

1 hour ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

I attempted to send him a one-shot block invention, but came back with the result of unsuccsessful. I can only assume someone had a day-block they used on me, Bennett, or he is somehow unable to receive that item.

@Ronan Rabbit she's already said.

BAWK!

BAWK!

Just now, Bennett Bulldog said:

I have no knowledge of why I wouldn’t be able to receive an invention.

I have an idea, but let's see what Myrtle says.

BAWK!

1 hour ago, Pierot Parrot said:

BAWK!

Did Shifty Sheepdog or Peppa Pig tell you to whom you may or may not give a gift?

I have an idea, but let's see what Myrtle says.

BAWK!

Neither of them tooold me who I can or can't give sadly. All I know is what I can give during the day to a member of ooour fine residents whooo are alive.

I was never told I can't give to scum. If Bulldooog is scum, I believe Sheepdog would have told me scum can't receive my items. If I was blocked in the night that carries into the day, then perhaps that is what caused the item to not go through. I don't know if that can happen.

BAWK!

58 minutes ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

I’m all ears.

I thought perhaps that she might not be allowed to give a gift to certain villagers just as I know that I, for example :wink:, cannot be targeted by a certain other action. :def_shrug: Evidently not. Having had a skim through some history books written by Shifty Sheepdog and Peppa Pig, I can't find any mention of an inventor who acts during the day :sceptic: but we shouldn't really read much into that. What really interests me is that there is no sign of scum wholeheartedly wagoning Myrtle out of town.

The following voted for Braxton but are staying away from Myrtle: Haydn Hippo, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse, Brewer Bunny.

The following stayed away from the Braxton wagon but voted for Myrtle (and I'm deliberately leaving out Ember, having voted for Braxton earlier in Day One): ~yours truly~, Whitby Walrus, Leevi Lion.

I find the former group far more suspect than the latter.

BAWK!

oops, I've made a mistake: Bennett Bulldog also stayed away from the Braxton wagon but has voted for Myrtle today.

And of the people who have voted for Myrtle today, it's Gracie Goat and Leevi Lion whose reads are most up in the air for me.

BAWK!

3 hours ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Oooh boy. I am the inventooor. I attempted to send an invention to Bennet Bulldooog toooday but was unsuccesful. Yesterday I made an invention that could be used to protect myself and used during the night.

This is interesting. I was going to actually give you another vote here as I feel my Ember vote has had its place and sparked some discussion. But now there seems to be a reasonable doubt. So you are a daytime inventor correct? I am curious as to how your action today could have been stooped. Do we possibly have a day-blocker on the scum or town team? 

2 hours ago, Caldwell Crocodile said:

To be fair if I were in Myrtles shoes and I was the inventor I would probably claim somewhere until now. But if I were scum and wanted to fake claim then now would also be a good time. You have a good point on scum claiming inventor as something that does not usually happen. I mean it would be hard to be able to keep the illusion if your never able to actually give someone an action. But I suppose the scum or a could possibly have an inventor which make the claim easier to make. Only thing is a scum inventor is this sized game with two scum teams would be odd. Lots of ifs. 

22 minutes ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Neither of them tooold me who I can or can't give sadly. All I know is what I can give during the day to a member of ooour fine residents whooo are alive.

I was never told I can't give to scum. If Bulldooog is scum, I believe Sheepdog would have told me scum can't receive my items. If I was blocked in the night that carries into the day, then perhaps that is what caused the item to not go through. I don't know if that can happen.

Judging from the past and similar experiences, I am pretty sure scum can receive town inventions. So that reasoning falls flat. 

Based of this new revelation I don't think I want to lynch Myrtle. There was another person who's vote was awful sheepish though, Caldwell Croc. I wouldn't mind lynching him for those reasons as I think his and Myrtle's vote were equally sheepish. 

For this reason I will Unvote: Ember Elephant

Vote: Caldwell Croc 

I do hope the croc gets to respond to this vote as it is rather late in the day. 

Also @Huxley Horse where are you? 

Brewer, you posted that just as I was catching up. I'm sorry I've been so inactive in these discussions. Farmwork has been killing me. 

Ember Elephant has been on my radar all day, but I think that the best interests of the town are served by lynching Myrtle Monkey. This claim is outlandish in my opinion, and even though our marvelous village elders are sometimes experimental, the odds of a daytime investigator being blocked are slim. Vote: Myrtle Monkey this feels like a last ditch effort by a scum to escape the lynch and I personally don't want to let that happen. 

4 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Myrtle seems as good as a shot as anybody else for catching a scum today, or at least getting some intel. 

I don’t necessarily like Day 1 lynches, but in my experience town spins it’s wheels if we no-lynch 2 days in a row. 

Fortunately, someone took care of Braxton last night, so even though we didn't get him lynched, the wheels spinning thing doesn't really apply anymore.

2 hours ago, Bennett Bulldog said:

Though it is early, and possible it’s a trick.

I say we give Myrtle the benefit of the doubt and not risking losing such a useful role.:look: 

I'm not sure how useful it is if we can't guarantee that the inventions stay out of mafia hands.

2 hours ago, Ronan Rabbit said:

I don't think for a minute that Myrtle was day-blocked.  Myrtle was suspect yesterday and the first person targeted today.  Not a prime blocking target.

I'm sure there's something else going on, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it some of the folks who are particular about certain mafia flavors have some insight into this.  For those of you with insight... any reason we should not switch our vote to Bennett?  Would knowing his alignment provide some possible answers?

49 minutes ago, Myrtle Monkey said:

Why on earth would Sheepdog tell you why you can't give to someone.  That's never how actions work.  If someone gets blocked, they just get "Unsuccessful".  Not, unsuccessful because scum blocked you.

Vote Tally

Myrtle Monkey: 7 (Pierot Parrot, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Leevi Lion, Huxley Horse)
Caldwell Crocodile: 1 (Brewer Bunny)

With 13 players left, it takes 7 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Myrtle Monkey will be lynched. Approximately 12 hours remain in the day.

21 minutes ago, Huxley Horse said:

Vote: Myrtle Monkey

34 minutes ago, Brewer Bunny said:

Vote: Caldwell Croc

An interesting revelation. As far as I’m aware an inventor should be able to give out their gadgets to anyone. Regardless of their alignment. So even if Bennett was of a different alignment to that of Myrtle there’s no reason why he shouldn’t have been given the gadget. 

• It’s possible Myrtle might be some variation of the False inventor. Meaning she gives out gadgets that don’t do anything or gadgets that have a negative effect etc. But then Myrtle said she was unsuccessful. Which makes this unlikely
  • Otherwise, the more likely explanation is that Myrtle was blocked. Possibly by a town blocker who was suspicious of Myrtle’s suspicious behaviour yesterday. 

The main reason the Inventor sits uneasy with me is that according to our history books an Inventor can be of any alignment. Town, scum or otherwise. Myrtle being an inventor doesn’t mean she has to be a Town one. The claim itself doesn’t really feel particularly scummy or townie. And given Myrtle had 6 votes on her a the time. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to claim at that point. 

3 hours ago, Leevi Lion said:

any reason we should not switch our vote to Bennett?  Would knowing his alignment provide some possible answers?

I see the reasoning there. Because if Bennett was revealed as scum Myrtle would have a lot to answer to. But then again a town inventor could make the mistake of handing an action to a scum. So it wouldn’t necessarily confirm Myrtle’s alignment. I have no problem believing Myrtle is an inventor I’m just deliberating as to whether she could be a Town one. Her behaviour hasn’t been townie so far.

9 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

But do you have an opinion about who would be a good lynch candidate today? If we step back from Myrtle Monkey, then Haydn Hippo seems all right to me.

I'm glad I seem alright to you.

oh, you mean to lynch. Because I called out your shifty hiding messaging or because I voted for you over it?

7 hours ago, Pierot Parrot said:

What really interests me is that there is no sign of scum wholeheartedly wagoning Myrtle out of town.

The following voted for Braxton but are staying away from Myrtle: Haydn Hippo, Caldwell Crocodile, Huxley Horse, Brewer Bunny.

The following stayed away from the Braxton wagon but voted for Myrtle (and I'm deliberately leaving out Ember, having voted for Braxton earlier in Day One): ~yours truly~, Whitby Walrus, Leevi Lion.

I find the former group far more suspect than the latter.

Bird. I'm trying to follow your thinking here, I really am. 

No sign of scum wagoning? How do you know? The only way to know that would be to know who the scum were. But you're town, you told us so, you don't know who the scum are. With seven votes on her, the odds that there are no scum voting for her would have to minuscule. 

And that's entirely forgetting there are two scum teams, who (I would hope) have not identified each other yet and so can quite happily vote for each other. Unless the teams have figured some way to signal to each other in the day thread to connect up? Surely there's been no evidence of that?

It feels like you've made up a list of threats you want to eliminate and are using the votes on Braxton and Myrtle to propagate your plan. 

Here's the rub though.

Braxton was murdered at night, not lynched. This generates two cases.

either our hypothetical third party decided to just go with the towns almost lynch, not caring if Braxton was one of our villagers or a scum of either flavour

or

one of the scum teams decided to go with the town's almost lynch, knowing he was either town or other scum team (or hypothetical third party), but aiming to use however he flipped as a way to attack those villagers who voted for him. Surely that's not what's happening here?

To suggest that votes on Braxton were a scummy putsch but votes on Myrtle are suddenly organised town runs counter to evidence. Braxton wasn't lynched, nobody really in the end cared enough to hammer. Myrtle is already convicted.

If your warbling has any merit it is only this, all of what I've said does not in any way clear, exonerate or defend Myrtle. She has done odd things. Things which will see her lynched. I simply disagree about priorities. I think there are bigger scummier animals out there.

16 hours ago, Hinckley said:

026.jpg

For the record, yes, that is indeed how I think Pierot should be pronounced. It's no less crazy than actual French pronunciations.

15 hours ago, Leevi Lion said:

I will have absolutely NO MORE of Whitby's chicken wraps!  Yeesh...

I blame my delayed contributions to this conversation entirely on him.

Vote: Myrtle Monkey

Given the indigestion I haven't had a chance to fully digest everything that's been said yet... but I haven't seen anything from Myrtle that changes my opinion from yesterday.

This is bad. Haven't finished reading and digesting, but I'll jump on the bandwagon and vote? Really? 

8 hours ago, Brewer Bunny said:

To be fair if I were in Myrtles shoes and I was the inventor I would probably claim somewhere until now. But if I were scum and wanted to fake claim then now would also be a good time. You have a good point on scum claiming inventor as something that does not usually happen. I mean it would be hard to be able to keep the illusion if your never able to actually give someone an action. But I suppose the scum or a could possibly have an inventor which make the claim easier to make. Only thing is a scum inventor is this sized game with two scum teams would be odd. Lots of ifs. 

Judging from the past and similar experiences, I am pretty sure scum can receive town inventions. So that reasoning falls flat. 

Why is inventor hard to fake claim? Seems easy since you almost never have to prove it. Just say "I tried to give it but failed" or occasionally "give" an ability to a fellow scum who can then report a result (using their ACTUAL ability) and both of you look town-cleared. 

As for me... I'm not sure I trust this claim. But I also don't like how fast the lynch built. It felt even MORE bandwagony than yesterday's attempt on Bear. 

The scummiest thing I've seen today is probably Leevi's vote. Completely a bandwagon move, and while I haven't been very talkative, I'm at least paying attention and not commenting/voting before I digest. Therefore,

Vote: Leevi Lion

Vote Tally

Myrtle Monkey: 7 (Pierot Parrot, Ember Elephant, Whitby Walrus, Gracie Goat, Ronan Rabbit, Leevi Lion, Huxley Horse)
Leevi Lion: 1 (Pascha Poodle)

With 13 players left, it takes 7 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Myrtle Monkey will be lynched. 3 hours remain in the day.

18 minutes ago, Pascha Poodle said:

Vote: Leevi Lion

Dammit.

I'm so dumb.

I ignored the important questions.

Why was Braxton killed rather than being the focus of today's continued talk?

Why did Ember unvote Braxton?

My theory:

Braxton is panicking about heading toward lynch. It's especially bad because He's a power role. What can he do? Claim in thread? Too risky he thinks. Who's been speaking up for me? Who hasn't voted for me?

That animal shares with his buddies, prompting an unvote just in case others know Braxton is empowered.

Later that night. Bam. Killed by scum to neutralise a threat. Braxton trusted the wrong animal.

I'm guessing it's way too late in the day, but

unvote: Pierot Parrot

vote: Ember Elephant

If I die tonight, you'll know who to lynch.

Vote Tally

Leevi Lion: 1 (Pascha Poodle)
Ember Elephant: 1 (Haydn Hippo)

With 13 players left, it takes 7 votes to lynch. As it currently stands, Myrtle Monkey will be lynched. Approximately 3 hours remain in the day.

3 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

23 minutes ago, Haydn Hippo said:

Dammit.

I'm so dumb.

I ignored the important questions.

Why was Braxton killed rather than being the focus of today's continued talk?

Why did Ember unvote Braxton?

My theory:

Braxton is panicking about heading toward lynch. It's especially bad because He's a power role. What can he do? Claim in thread? Too risky he thinks. Who's been speaking up for me? Who hasn't voted for me?

That animal shares with his buddies, prompting an unvote just in case others know Braxton is empowered.

Later that night. Bam. Killed by scum to neutralise a threat. Braxton trusted the wrong animal.

I'm guessing it's way too late in the day, but

unvote: Pierot Parrot

If I die tonight, you'll know who to lynch.

But how would he reveal his role since outside communication is prohibited?