Sign in to follow this  
AV_Guy

Greetings and Salutations.

Hiya all.  New member here, just leaving the dark ages  :)  Ive turned 39 3 times now and live in Chicago.  Like most people I boxed up my legos when I went into high school and discovered id rather play with boobies over legos  :)

So about a month ago, I was driving past a yard sale, and saw a pile of power tools (raawr)  So i had to stop to see if there was anything I needed.  But next to said power tools i saw 2 lego sets.  UCS Super star destroyer and Tantive IV.  I was blown away how advanced lego had gotten, i made the owner an offer of a $100 bucks, she accepted and I happily took said sets home.  (I didnt realize until later how valuable those sets are lol) 

One week later i had them built and they are now hanging from my office ceiling~ (Looking very cool btw)

Well that experience completely got me reinvigorated towards Legos, Yaaaaaaaaa.

As a kid i started on space sets, my coolest space set is the first space train.  But then i got involved in classic castle.  Which was my favorite.  Since then i've raided my parents attic, drug out all my old legos and been happily assembling them all (Much to my wife's frustration lol)

Which leads me into my next adventure.  Since i dont believe in doing anything halfways, im jumping back in feet first.

My first "moc" is going to be a large scale presentation of all my castle sets, as well as the ones ive been gobbling up on ebay.  In a realistic kingdom setting. 

So far its going to be 10 32X32 base plates by 15 base plates. 

So wish me luck!  (And happy bidding on acquiring all the damn flora im going to need to fill up such a large area)  :)

Edited by AV_Guy

Welcome to EB, AV_Guy!  Sounds like you're off on a wonderful Lego adventure and I'm looking forward to seeing your kingdom as it comes along.  Happy building!  :classic:

On 4/6/2019 at 2:03 AM, AV_Guy said:

Hiya all.  New member here, just leaving the dark ages  :)  Ive turned 39 3 times now and live in Chicago.  Like most people I boxed up my legos when I went into high school and discovered id rather play with boobies over legos  :)

So about a month ago, I was driving past a yard sale, and saw a pile of power tools (raawr)  So i had to stop to see if there was anything I needed.  But next to said power tools i saw 2 lego sets.  UCS Super star destroyer and Tantive IV.  I was blown away how advanced lego had gotten, i made the owner an offer of a $100 bucks, she accepted and I happily took said sets home.  (I didnt realize until later how valuable those sets are lol) 

One week later i had them built and they are now hanging from my office ceiling~ (Looking very cool btw)

Well that experience completely got me reinvigorated towards Legos, Yaaaaaaaaa.

As a kid i started on space sets, my coolest space set is the first space train.  But then i got involved in classic castle.  Which was my favorite.  Since then i've raided my parents attic, drug out all my old legos and been happily assembling them all (Much to my wife's frustration lol)

Which leads me into my next adventure.  Since i dont believe in doing anything halfways, im jumping back in feet first.

My first "moc" is going to be a large scale presentation of all my castle sets, as well as the ones ive been gobbling up on ebay.  In a realistic kingdom setting. 

So far its going to be 10 32X32 base plates by 15 base plates. 

So wish me luck!  (And happy bidding on acquiring all the damn flora im going to need to fill up such a large area)  :)

Your presentation sounds amazing. I'd like to see pictures if you wouldn't mind.

Also, welcome (from a fellow Castle fan)!

P.S. - Maybe you'd be interested in this topic regarding Lego Ideas.