leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

Recommended Posts

EDIT: I have turned this topic into a place where we, as Historical fans, can efficiently gather and support projects in these themes in Lego Ideas; so please feel free to add any that you find and I will amend this original post.

If you like any of the projects listed, please consider supporting them over on Lego Ideas.

Have you all seen these? Thoughts?

Ending Soon (URGENT VOTES NEEDED):

Medieval House by oms5134.

Nearly There (Needs more votes):

Medieval Blacksmith by Namirob.

Aging Entries (Needs a boost):

Black Falcon's Fortress by @Mark of Falworth.

Medieval Inn by DominikQN.

Medieval Village - Road Construction by oms5134

Olivia’s Get-Away by PeetersKevin @Perterz

The Knights' Expedition by papat08.

The Sheriff of Nottingham by Snowboarder68.

Robin Hood and his Merry Men by Snowboarder68.

Nordic Homestead by SirValiantDog.

The Tower by Witz Bricks.

Keyhole Castle by PeterPanMann.

New Entries:

Trolls's Siege Brachiosaurus by Destier. I love it myself. Looks like the same guy has also done a couple of smaller Castle/Dino sets:

Trolls's Assault Triceratops by Destier.

Trolls's Warchief Raptor Rider by Destier.

Medieval Castle by mmathews2197.

Classic Castle by DERBOOR.

Medieval Market Street by TheLordOfBricks.

Medieval Knight House by Namirob.

The Old Mill by Farmfarm.

Western Stagecoach by Ims_jam.

Medieval Castle Tower on a Rock by B-BrickBuilded.

Siege the castle ! by povoq.

Modular Wild West Saloon by joefreak2003.

The Fortress by Gandalf54.

Witch's Den by legoon1.

Halt's cabin (Ranger's Apprentice) by the 10th Ring Wraith.

The Medieval Blacksmith by Cholmberg1.

Edited by leafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not into the BBBs (brick-built beasts), but these are hilarious in the most positive way possible! :laugh:
Amazing idea, and brilliantly done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a nice MOC, but I wouldn't pay £300 for it. I doubt it is very playable, as large four legged creations like that are notoriously unstable unless you pose the legs just right. I think I prefer the molded animal ones, but they are not really suitable for Ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is a nice MOC, but I wouldn't pay £300 for it. I doubt it is very playable, as large four legged creations like that are notoriously unstable unless you pose the legs just right. I think I prefer the molded animal ones, but they are not really suitable for Ideas.

Someone asked about price in the comments, and although he can't know for sure, the creator compared it to Assembly Square in terms of weight, which cost $280. But Assembly Square had 1000 pieces more than this moc.

I reckon it'd be stable enough, although the overall size would need to come down just a tad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m digging it! The Brachiosaur is neatly built.

love all the little features it has!

supported on LEGO Ideas aswell! 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 9:52 AM, Perterz said:

I’m digging it! The Brachiosaur is neatly built.

love all the little features it has!

supported on LEGO Ideas aswell! 👍

Great, I hoped that by sharing, somebody would support it like I have.

Maybe we should start a master thread of all Castle related Ideas projects so that we can efficiently add our support to new projects and increase the liklihood of one being made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, leafan said:

Maybe we should start a master thread of all Castle related Ideas projects so that we can efficiently add our support to new projects and increase the liklihood of one being made.

Excellent idea! :thumbup: :smug:

The Embassy subforum has a topic of its own just like that, as do the Sci-Fi and Train Tech subforums; so, perhaps you could just edit the title of this already established topic to Castle/Historical Projects on LEGO Ideas - Discussion and Advice:shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Excellent idea! :thumbup: :smug:

The Embassy subforum has a topic of its own just like that, as do the Sci-Fi and Train Tech subforums; so, perhaps you could just edit the title of this already established topic to Castle/Historical Projects on LEGO Ideas - Discussion and Advice:shrug_oh_well:

Done. I'll look for some others to be entered into the thread when I get more time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leafan said:

Done. I'll look for some others to be entered into the thread when I get more time.

Sweet! :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@leafan

P.S. Perhaps you should add a disclaimer to the main post requesting users promote others' projects rather than their own. That is, unless you wouldn't mind. :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 1:53 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

@leafan

P.S. Perhaps you should add a disclaimer to the main post requesting users promote others' projects rather than their own. That is, unless you wouldn't mind. :shrug_confused:

It's something I hadn't considered, but I think I'll see how it goes first.

Here's an Idea that's been around for a while and could use support. Medieval Blacksmith by Namirob:

Spoiler

4888087-o_1bueli442neh1r89dssqj77utc-rG5

 

Edited by leafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I love it, sadly, that's the only actual Castle set over 1000 votes right now.

Only 3 "medieval" sets have made it ever to 10.000 and none were Castles :sad:

Mesadon Gatehouse is about to expire.

Classic Castle is a newer upcoming Castle project however.

I do love many of  the smaller Castle projects as well, but small sets have a hard time sticking around IDEAS for long :def_shrug:

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to comment on the entries, but I'm overwhelmed by their sheer awesomness! :pir-oh:
Those are insane MOCs, really epic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aine said:

I wanted to comment on the entries, but I'm overwhelmed by their sheer awesomness! :pir-oh:
Those are insane MOCs, really epic!

All you need to do is vote for the ones you would like to see made :classic:

Any support is appreciated for any of these projects.

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is this one considered historic by most people? I love the moc and have already supported it, but is it historic in nature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leafan said:

Is this one considered historic by most people? I love the moc and have already supported it, but is it historic in nature?

It's supposed to be based upon/inspired after Greek mythology, something I presume is best at home within this subforum, hence here too. :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if LEGO would ever do something that wonky / unaligned/ whatever you want to call it. I know the Old Fishing Store had a few tiles not quite aligned  and especially some random alignment of tiles on the roof, but was still pretty much a straight up and down build otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.