alex54

Review: 7626 Indiana Jones - Jungle Cutter

I just want to add one thing about the ants: I love the fact that bi coloured parts are never identical !! I'll have an ant army (yeay ant army buileding is so ON !!) that will all be different and that is just great :wink:

Those sets really rock (except the temple of Akator which is really under par IMO) so I hop the movie will be as good :wink:

:yoda:

Haha! I love your new avatar :yoda: ! I know I am in the minority here but I for one really like the new temple. :wacko: I just like the colors and the new skeletons. I have never had a baseplate like that so I am interested in trying it I know most people don't like it but I am curious as to what it looks like. I also always like sets that have a lot of playability and it seems as though this set would be good for that. All of the other new IJ sets look fantastic in my opinion. :sweet:

The ants also look cool!

Edited by Erdbeereis1

Wow! I really like those Soviet (not always Russian) soldiers! :cry_happy: Their uniform is just like the Soviet Army had in the 50-s. Though in the film it's quite different..... :hmpf_bad:

As for the officer..... Well, he reminds me of someone. ) Perhaps, of our previous President? ))))) :sweet: If not for those ghastly-looking eyebrows.... )

When this hits the states, I am getting two. One for my (soon-to-exist :hmpf_bad: ) Indiana Jones collection, the other to make military vehicles with. I could make a good tank with this.

ARMY ON! :thumbup:

Wow! I really like those Soviet (not always Russian) soldiers! :cry_happy: Their uniform is just like the Soviet Army had in the 50-s. Though in the film it's quite different..... :hmpf_bad:

As for the officer..... Well, he reminds me of someone. ) Perhaps, of our previous President? ))))) :sweet: If not for those ghastly-looking eyebrows.... )

Indeed; they aren't only Russians. I'd forgotten that, but for the sake of sanity, let's assume they're all Russians. :tongue:

Also, the lines on the sides of the Soviet soldier's uniforms gives me the impression they are rather fat. And Belloq's head on a fat body looks... Strange. *huh*

Bruce Wayne's head makes it look less fat, though.

Not to ask too much of you, but could we see a pic of the Colonel's head on the soldier's body? :sweet:

Edited by trooperdavinfelth

Yeay lets forget the 14 other countries that were part of the Soviet Union :tongue:

CCCP soldiers On !!

nice review! i might get this set, depending on how many SW sets i get this year... i like the vegetation, especially the (new?) vines. are they flexible? these plants will come in handy when i do an improved kashyyyk diorama.

on another note; the minifigs. of course, another indy, but the german solider (s) is cool.

:classic::thumbup:

Indeed; they aren't only Russians. I'd forgotten that, but for the sake of sanity, let's assume they're all Russians. :tongue:

:laugh: Yeah, that's the easiest way. )

Also, the lines on the sides of the Soviet soldier's uniforms gives me the impression they are rather fat. And Belloq's head on a fat body looks... Strange. *huh*

:grin: That really made my day! ))))) Good point, but it is explained by the fact that even now our (post-soviet) russian uniform is not very tight and it may look a bit big for the soldies, though it is not, of course. ) Russians soldiers can't afford to be fat, believe me, I know..... ) :wink:

As for the head.... but it's originally draco Malfoy's head is it not?

CCCP soldiers On !!

That's one nice thing to hear from wise :yoda: ! ) BTW it seems that your sigfig will look great in that uniform (a kind of a commiyoda! :wink: )! What do you think? :sweet:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

As for the head.... but it's originally draco Malfoy's head is it not?

Yep it is :wink: You know TLC and the reuse of fleshie heads !!

BTW it seems that your sigfig will look great in that uniform (a kind of a commiyoda! :wink: )! What do you think? :sweet:

Argh, gasp.. Commie :yoda: shall not happen :tongue: (for ideological reasons) and it would look too plain in all sand green :tongue: The perfect jungle camouflage though !!

unless this has already been said, The bits that fall off the jungle cutter is proberbly due to the RPG.

Many thanks for the review, you've reveiwed the sets i'm interested in and i'm definatly getting this one.

unless this has already been said, The bits that fall off the jungle cutter is proberbly due to the RPG.

Many thanks for the review, you've reveiwed the sets i'm interested in and i'm definatly getting this one.

yeah i already stated this

Thank you for the nice review. :classic:

Many plant parts, and the cutter has also some nice pieces. Looks nice enough.

I think I'll get this. Looks like an awesome vehicle and as expected, some cool minifigs to go with it.

I wish the trees had slightly more leafy parts because the trunks look odd :hmpf:

I'm :wub: ing the extra little treasure trove-perhaps I could add it to the River Chase Outpost!

I too am going to gather a huge ant army (it sort of makes me wish they're in every set)

The old spider actually seems to be smaller than the new ant :grin: How can an ant be that BIG?

The Cutter itself looks really good to add on to other Soviet vehicles, and cut down the trees.

I like the way that wheels spin underneath the blades to makes the blades spin

NOTE: This set will probably cost

Edited by The Rancor

Alex, not to push you(you've done so much for us :blush: ) but would you agree that the Colonel's Uzi is a tad bit different than the Batman Uzis? I found this for myself...

Alex, not to push you(you've done so much for us :blush: ) but would you agree that the Colonel's Uzi is a tad bit different than the Batman Uzis? I found this for myself...

I agree. Just got this set :sing::sing::sing:

Wow I did not realize that at all :oh3:

Since I just bought the 3 Indy sets today I opened that one yto take a comparison shot !! Tks for the pointer

img_5768.jpg

I used the flash to really show the details !! The new one (on top) has a longer barrel and sweeted details :wink:

Great review Alex!

Well that's a surprise. I wonder why they tweaked/change the mould so fast... Thanks for the photo!

so this set today in the shops! 49 euro! g... 10 euro more than in France... we must have done something wrong here in Belgium to be punished by the Danish gods like this...

so this set today in the shops! 49 euro! g... 10 euro more than in France... we must have done something wrong here in Belgium to be punished by the Danish gods like this...

49 ?? Wow I paid 44.99 :tongue: (so 5€ more hehe)

Alex, can you confirm that the Uzi in this set and the one in the River Chase is new with the larger barrel and different body I specified in the Indy 2008 sets thread? I'm wondering if this was just a fluke... :sceptic:

Since I just bought the 3 Indy sets today I opened that one yto take a comparison shot !! Tks for the pointer

img_5768.jpg

I used the flash to really show the details !! The new one (on top) has a longer barrel and sweeted details :wink:

Alex, can you confirm that the Uzi in this set and the one in the River Chase is new with the larger barrel and different body I specified in the Indy 2008 sets thread? I'm wondering if this was just a fluke... :sceptic:

I just confirmed that :hmpf: