Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[M11 - Corellia - CS] CorSec Headquarters

Once just focused on maintaining peace and order on Corellia, CorSec now works across the galaxy to ensure law and order are maintained.

DSC_0065.JPG

There is always a hub of activity in their headquarters. Data is processed, threats are identified, and teams are sent out to take care of it.

Nice work!  I am envious of those technic pipe bits - they look awesome.

Very cool. Has a nice retro-futuristic feel that I associated with sw.

Lovely work! This is the best of the three MOCs you have posted recently. Love the hologram of the city in the bottom right, and the various data panels in the room. The pipes are a nice touch too.

Again, the photo lacks sharpness.

Nice to see CorSec getting fleshed out a bit, I need to get my character intro up!

2 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

Again, the photo lacks sharpness.

Thanks for your feedback on the photos. I've been having difficulties with my camera recently. Not sure if my lens is scratched or if I need to replace the bulbs in my lighting equipment. I've been trying to work on that. It has been struggling to take crisp photos. I've been using a tripod and delayed shutter to try to help with the ISO. This is helping but what I really need is more lights I think.

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks for your feedback on the photos. I've been having difficulties with my camera recently. Not sure if my lens is scratched or if I need to replace the bulbs in my lighting equipment. I've been trying to work on that. It has been struggling to take crisp photos. I've been using a tripod and delayed shutter to try to help with the ISO. This is helping but what I really need is more lights I think.

I don't know your normal setup or how much you know about photography (I hardly consider myself an expert!) so apologies if this is patronising, it's not intended that way.

More lights will definitely help, preferably soft (diffuse) lights as these will not cast as obvious shadows. If you have a DSLR the key is to fix the aperture (depth of field) and ISO (ideally to 100) and let the camera choose the exposure (which can be as long as you like given you're using a tripod and LEGO doesn't move).

Hope that helps and I'd be happy to help further if you let me know more details about your setup. Again, sorry if you already know all of this and apologies if I've offended you.

You're building some really sweet MOCs and it's a shame that the photos aren't allowing the viewer to get maximum enjoyment of them.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, MKJoshA said:

What are you currently using for your images?  

On 1/5/2019 at 3:20 AM, Basiliscus said:

I don't know your normal setup or how much you know about photography (I hardly consider myself an expert!) so apologies if this is patronising, it's not intended that way.

More lights will definitely help, preferably soft (diffuse) lights as these will not cast as obvious shadows. If you have a DSLR the key is to fix the aperture (depth of field) and ISO (ideally to 100) and let the camera choose the exposure (which can be as long as you like given you're using a tripod and LEGO doesn't move).

Hope that helps and I'd be happy to help further if you let me know more details about your setup. Again, sorry if you already know all of this and apologies if I've offended you.

You're building some really sweet MOCs and it's a shame that the photos aren't allowing the viewer to get maximum enjoyment of them.

No apologies needed! Your comments are actually very helpful. I was really into photography when I was in college but haven't used my DSLR as much in recent years. So my knowledge of how to best use aperture and ISO is very rusty. I'll give your suggestions a try and see what happens.

22 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

What are you currently using for your images?  

For hosting? I'm hosting on Bricksafe.com.