Salival47

How do You buy parts on Bricklink

I wanted to buy all parts for my first MOC on Bricklink and since i've never done this i wanted to ask You few questions.

A. Firstly there are two sites on Bricklink to buy from Wanted list:

1. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/wanted/buy.page?utm_content=subnav

2. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/wanted/shop.page

From this what i check second is better as You exactly see what parts are You missing and in what count, and is showing better prices when using autofinder, which do You use and why there are two diffrent sites?

B. Do You buy bricks only from country in which You are living (because of lower costs of delivery)? Or from whole continent like Europe (from this what i see it is better option as You are able to buy all parts in most cases) Or You are just using option from anywhere, but delivery costs aren't too high in this option?

C. Besides filters:

-exclude disliked stores
-exclude stores that do not ship to me

It is worth to use any others?

D. Are You buying in stores when total price is below min buy? 

E. Are You buying parts for MOCs from anyother pages, is it worth?

Thanks for help!

Edited by Salival47

first of all... make one your presentation in the reserved topic...

second, i not think this is the right section where make this conversation

A the site is the same, bricklink,they are only 2 different pages to do the same thing...

B is not important to know if we are buying from own country or others... you must choos what you prefer... if we prefer to jump from a bridge... you make the same?

C the same with the filters... use the filters you prefer

D another time the same thing... you must choose if you want buy from store where minimum buy price is over than your parts... but, for do this, you must put inside your shopping cart other parts to reach the minimum buy cost

E i think you make confusion from "pages" and "sites"... anyway, bricklink is a good place to buy lego parts...

Edited by Rustinidiel

This post should be moved to "General Discussion."

When I buy using wanted lists, I go to the "buy" page and select the wanted lists I'm interested in.  I do filter by country: N.A., because of shipping, but if nobody has what I want I will expand to worldwide.

If the price is below the minimum buy, I look for other stores first; if I can't find any, I see what I can do to bulk up my order.  There are always basic parts that I know will be useful.  I always read and follow store terms.

There are other places to buy, like BrickOwl and LEGO's Shop at Home (S@H) "Pick-a-Brick" (PAB) and "Bricks and Pieces," which, for some reason, do not always offer the same parts.

I usually use Auto select, but you do have to check through the stores for if they are selling pieces for ridiculous prices

On 12/20/2018 at 1:19 PM, Salival47 said:

B. Do You buy bricks only from country in which You are living (because of lower costs of delivery)? Or from whole continent like Europe (from this what i see it is better option as You are able to buy all parts in most cases) Or You are just using option from anywhere, but delivery costs aren't too high in this option?

You seem to be in Poland, Polish stores normally have low prices & you could limit yourself to those.

Eventually you will start to get which countries have low shipping prices. Countries like Lithuania or Portugal have pretty low prices, the distance doesn't even matter anymore, it's more the country of origin that does.

My only strong advice if you're new to Bricklink: don't buy used (unless the part only exists used).