steph77

Steph77's Moc corner - Porsche Nine-Eleven

CHINOOK - Take 01, attempt 79821

Ok guys, i come back on this project.

After some hours of thinkering i managed to build this thing:

rdWsR8.jpg

Jj9oRw.jpg

This is the first time i manage to build a fully functionnal, reliable and yet realistic set of a chinook two stages mixing unit.

The pilot's flight commands are operationnal and the linkages are build from the differents joystiks trought the master and secondary mixing unit to the end levers that will be connected to the swashplates.

Short overview of the functionalities:

- Pushing joystik to the front controls a collective reversed movement of the swashplates,

- Tilting joystik controls a coordonate latéral inclination of both swashplates,

- Collective lever controls a coordonale elevation of both swashplates

- Pedals controls a reversed lateral inclination of both swashplates.

All movements can be executed independently of the position of other levers. The full range of movement is allowed for any commands at any time.

So what's next and what is the goal of that all:

- Build a full size chinook helicopter, color LBG for structural elements, black bodywork (matter of inventory)

- Getting inner flight commands functionnal ,as my H145 has

- Build lateral outter controls as my AW169 had,

- Motorized rotors, winches (lateral and under the helicopter), motorized rear ramp

- Openable element giving a deep inside view on the controls (higlight on this aspect for this project)

- Finaly finishing this model as i work on it for 12 years now.

I clearly needed to pass through all different project to learn and finaly be able to have a deep comprehension of the limits of the different mechanism inside of these machine, so i consider not having lost my time. But time to build now.

@efferman i'll need a specific swashplate for this one, and i'll need your help for that -> MP?

...to be continued

Edited by steph77

13 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

What happened to the Chinook??

Chinook i my 'Madeleine de Proust' and it is so complex (to build, according my own criteria) that i often feel tired of it.

It will be back a day or another. No plan for it now.

The yesterday session on the Nine-Eleven has been dedicated to the paddle shifter of the beast.

I made a step further but it has still a lot to be done.

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

This is it!

2024 - Porsche Nine-Eleven

53639690273_5baa846c0e_z.jpg

I'd like to present my latest project, a Porsche 911 based on the inventory of two 42154 sets with a few complementary parts, but not many.

The starting point of the model was to attempt to build this car on the basis of the tires available in the original set. I quickly came up against the fact that these don't work well with the wheel arches. I therefore switched to the higher tire model, i.e. the 68.8 mm diameter wheels.

These wheels make it impossible to use a conventional steering system. The tires touch the wheel arches, so I had to resort to another system.

So I built a system of links to create a virtual point of rotation. Thanks to the geometry, the tires retract a few millimeters inwards, and the rotation combined with forward and backward movement means that the wheel no longer touches the wheel arch.

53639473961_5241e6f7fc.jpg

The downside is that the turning radius is, on the one hand, a little small and, on the other, I've had to abandon any suspension system.

After all, it doesn't make much sense to design a suspension system with a travel shorter than one stud.

The advantage, however, is that I've saved a lot of space for inserting the dummy engine and transmission. The latter is incredibly smooth. It works smoothly and without friction.

53639929470_b9a51a71ee.jpg

Functions include:

- Opening doors and hood,

- Rear hood also opens,

- Steering

- D-N-R selector

- In D position, a 4-speed sequential gearbox completes the transmission.

In terms of design, this is the first model I've ever been satisfied with, when it comes to building a car.

The design is fluid and, I think, captures the spirit of the 911.

Some photos:

First impression, this car (the real one i mean) is recognizable between thousand other, and i've tryed to translate it into lego parts...

53639474481_5e4c185e8b.jpg

It even has fake working front lights, due to the use made of the glow in the dark part that hold the front dishes

53639474111_c497ea185c.jpg

doors largely opens and ther is a credible interior

53638591382_59881f0b69.jpg

I've tryed to keep it clean all along the conception process

53639474276_852863edc5.jpg

No loos parts here, everything is hold in place, like the rear wing

53639929685_549a7c4111.jpg

Overall view of the full opened model:

53639929860_0de50dbf6b.jpg

interrior with sport seats, the DNR selector sits between the two seats

53638591377_c8e75ddf0c.jpg

Here it is next to the 12T knob who selct the gears in drive mode. I finaly swap the stepper and the palets commands to keep the build clean.

53638591372_7ab5ee500e.jpg

I've had a hard time building and designing the rear section, the junction between doours, B pilar and rear curve is quiet challenging on this car.

53638591052_f27ba65c2e.jpg

The rear section has the rear light well integrated, and still a view on the fake engine.

53639809484_edf659f456.jpg

Boxter 6, as the real thing.

53639474121_37bf65528c.jpg

I hope you'll like it!

S.

Edited by steph77

It does look nice and fluid; good job!

The bigger wheels do give it some nice aggressive looks

this is awesome. now waiting for some instructions, i wanted to build this one 

You captured the lines very well! I love it.

The wheel indeed fit better than the smaller ones. 

May I ask you if you have any pics of the paddle shifters?

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 11:55 PM, Stijn said:

this is awesome. now waiting for some instructions, i wanted to build this one 

Thanks, unfortunately i 'am not able to give or produce instructions...sorry for that

11 hours ago, grego18f said:

You captured the lines very well! I love it.

The wheel indeed fit better than the smaller ones. 

May I ask you if you have any pics of the paddle shifters?

Thanks for kind comments. When i say i swap the shiffter, maybe i do not used the right terms. In fact i 've tryed to place a stepper inside of it, but it took too much place for a final results that was not convincing. I so decided to take the stepper out and place a simple knob that rotate and switch the gears.

Finally, it is a simple solution that work very well and keep the build and the interior clean. You can see it here: The 12T gear in between the seats. The lever you see is the DNR selector and the 2L liftarm on the gearbox selector in the rear of the seats, next to the gearbox compartment, act as a and of course limitator so you can not switch from 4th gear to first gear.

53638591372_7ab5ee500e_z.jpg

to lock the gear and keep it selected i've build a simple system that lock softly the rotation by 90°. It is base on connector assembly tensed by a rubber:

53638590957_1b50931c52.jpg

S.

Edited by steph77