PxChris

A big hello from Oregon

Big happy hellos!

I'm Chris, a late 39 year old AFOL from the beautiful state of Oregon. I grew up playing with LEGO and never truly lost interest in it throughout my adult years. I only had a "soft" dark age after my son was born where I didn't buy much of anything for myself, but did still buy LEGO sets for my son. In the past five years or so I've gotten more and more active back in the hobby and have been buying many sets for myself (my collection is still meager by many standards, but I've been really enjoying it all the same - https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-pxchris)

I have also more recently started getting more into the whole idea of MOCs and just this summer displayed my first one at our state fair here in Oregon. I'll make a post about that later.

I started getting a bit more active in the community this year with the Brickset forums and decided it was time to branch out a bit more, hence my joining up here on Eurobricks. I'm also planning on attending my first convention (Bricks Cascade in Portland) this February with my son, who is now 15 and still thankfully very into LEGO (we've attended Bricks Cascade for a number of years as just expo attendees).

I look forward to getting involved here at Eurobricks and the LEGO community at large to an even greater extent! Thanks!!

Welcome to the community, Chris! I flipped through your selection of sets; I definitely regret missing out on so much of The Lord of the Rings sets; those were some fantastic designs!

4 hours ago, BaneShake said:

Welcome to the community, Chris! I flipped through your selection of sets; I definitely regret missing out on so much of The Lord of the Rings sets; those were some fantastic designs!

I actually just recently was able to complete that series of sets. Took me a while because I was always searching for a bargain, but I actually managed to get most of the sets at or below their original retail price. I certainly had wished though that I was actively buying at the time and had picked them all up new from the store!

5 hours ago, PxChris said:

I actually just recently was able to complete that series of sets. Took me a while because I was always searching for a bargain, but I actually managed to get most of the sets at or below their original retail price. I certainly had wished though that I was actively buying at the time and had picked them all up new from the store!

Fantastic! Which is your current favorite?

@BaneShake out of the LotR sets, my favorite is definitely the Tower of Orthanc. Helms Deep is another really great one. My overall favorite set from that universe those is technically a Hobbit set, and that's #79003 An Unexpected Gathering. That set is just absolutely fantastic!

Here's a pic of my collection:

44588388075_95554a1d90_h.jpg

Nice.  Please keep in mind our max pic size is 1024x768 as per site guidelines.