Sign in to follow this  
MattL600

[MOC] 'Pepper' Supercar (First MOC in 9 months)

Well, I guess I went through a dark age and I suppose this same supercar is the cause of it.

It took me about 2 months to get most of the chassis and the car finished but due to the strange and complex bodywork working on this model became a burden and I started to rely on my other hobbies which are Hobby grade RC cars and Video games.

But now I finally finished it, I will try and make an entry for the Volvo Lego Ideas contest and I might make a GT3 version of this car which would be faster, have fixed areo, better range and all that good stuff.

Anyways, my video probably explains my model better than I can do in this big block of text, I hope you fellas enjoy:

And if you are interested, here is my small short course struck drifting, I felt that you guys might like it. I also have a large brushless short course truck, maybe I should make a lego one because I love the design.

Thanks,

Matthew

Overall shape looks good, but those wheels out of wheelarches 

and  that bunch of rubberbands everywhere

20 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Overall shape looks good, but those wheels out of wheelarches 

and  that bunch of rubberbands everywhere

1. Because I am lazy and am not good at planning, but I feel that it looks okay

2. I need to buy more shock absorbers :)

Honestly not much I like about this build, I can see what you were going for as far as body shape and do think it's a cool shape but I think it needs to be worked on a little more. The wheels sticking out like that makes it seem like the only way you could get the front arches close to the wheels was by putting them outside the fender because of steering angle. And all those rubber bands are a no go for me although I think it's okay to use them as long as they are well hidden. 

I can certainly appreciate all the effort that went into this project, I am currently dealing with the same issues myself on a simple model I am trying to build, quite maddening at times to be honest. I get one thing working right and it interferes with the last thing I just fixed. Anyway thanks for sharing, I hope to see this again in the future with much improvement. 

Making a steered, driven front axle with independent suspension that has lots of travel in a reasonable width has apparently become my "white whale" so I totally get it. That it seems so easy for others doesn't really help either. 

6 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Honestly not much I like about this build, I can see what you were going for as far as body shape and do think it's a cool shape but I think it needs to be worked on a little more. The wheels sticking out like that makes it seem like the only way you could get the front arches close to the wheels was by putting them outside the fender because of steering angle. And all those rubber bands are a no go for me although I think it's okay to use them as long as they are well hidden. 

I can certainly appreciate all the effort that went into this project, I am currently dealing with the same issues myself on a simple model I am trying to build, quite maddening at times to be honest. I get one thing working right and it interferes with the last thing I just fixed. Anyway thanks for sharing, I hope to see this again in the future with much improvement. 

Making a steered, driven front axle with independent suspension that has lots of travel in a reasonable width has apparently become my "white whale" so I totally get it. That it seems so easy for others doesn't really help either. 

Thanks for the feedback, constructive stuff like this is why I love eurobricks :)

I'm making a GT3 version which will hopefully better. Suggestions for more improvements and how should I do those?

Looks good, but I do agree with @Johnny1360 that it does need a bit more work...

Also, why is there a big black circle with "Matt's Hobbies" throughout the entire video? 

8 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Looks good, but I do agree with @Johnny1360 that it does need a bit more work...

Also, why is there a big black circle with "Matt's Hobbies" throughout the entire video? 

The Logo I have on the side of all my videos is my watermark that prevents Russians from reuploading my videos just like what frequently happens with @Sariel and @Zerobricks, this is so that viewers can properly find the source of the videos and shows that the channel hosting it is malicious.

I changed my Youtube name to Matt's Hobbies from Matt's Technic because as I said, I was getting a little bored of Lego and I want to be able to indulge in my other interests without making my username misleading and annoying my viewers (the few that I have left).

I changed it to Matt's Technic from MattL600 many moons ago so that I could be recognized as a Lego Channel around youtube.

What bits should I improve? (in terms of my model) 

3 hours ago, MattL600 said:

The Logo I have on the side of all my videos is my watermark that prevents Russians from reuploading my videos just like what frequently happens with @Sariel and @Zerobricks, this is so that viewers can properly find the source of the videos and shows that the channel hosting it is malicious.

I changed my Youtube name to Matt's Hobbies from Matt's Technic because as I said, I was getting a little bored of Lego and I want to be able to indulge in my other interests without making my username misleading and annoying my viewers (the few that I have left).

I changed it to Matt's Technic from MattL600 many moons ago so that I could be recognized as a Lego Channel around youtube.

What bits should I improve? (in terms of my model) 

Wait, someone has been reuploading my videos too?

9 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Wait, someone has been reuploading my videos too?

Yeah I saw a bunch of them before I got onto Eurobricks. 

The channels that do re-upload them are trying to promote their websites but I can't remember the channel names since they were so generic. The fake channels would use 'brighter day' or 'happy life' sometimes they had Russian titles, all the videos would get only about 1k views and they would steal from multiple channels.

I vividly remember that they stole your black 4x4 racing car and Sariels monster truck, the one that could shift gears. I didn't realize they were stolen at the time until years later when I was watching more videos than videos could be made

15 hours ago, MattL600 said:

The Logo I have on the side of all my videos is my watermark

That makes sense, though it is a bit big, and it's not semi-transparent (like a watermark)...

31 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

That makes sense, though it is a bit big, and it's not semi-transparent (like a watermark)...

I like it big because then they could just crop it out of the video. 

The idea of making it semi-transparent sounds pretty good, I might experiment with that later.