Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

Blacktron AND Johnny Thunder in one series? YES! The last time we got a Blacktron figure with the Evil Mech I grabbed 10 of the for the armor alone. Can’t wait to army build this guy too!

16-17-18 is very, very interesting. There’s no way it’s regional exclusives as LEGO made a big statement about that - there’s got to be two chase figures on the other side of the packet, yet to be revealed. Wonder what those are!

9 minutes ago, legozebra said:

there’s got to be two chase figures on the other side of the packet, yet to be revealed. Wonder what those are!

I disagree.

They are giving you the chance to choose to collect 16, 17 or 18.
So, if they put 2 extra on the other side of the leaflet (done just once for harry potter) they would have said 18 to collect. Not upon one's choice.

I believe the original leaflet has 3 x 16 across the top and the person that has posted the flyer has changed them to 16, 17, 18 as a watermark so he knows who has shared his image. (My understanding from a Facebook post)

27 minutes ago, lostdriveway said:

I believe the original leaflet has 3 x 16 across the top and the person that has posted the flyer has changed them to 16, 17, 18 as a watermark so he knows who has shared his image. (My understanding from a Facebook post)

This may be an excellent explanation.

I also have seen a picture in which it's 16-16-16.
What a relief.

19 minutes ago, DarrellBricker said:

Judging from some of the reactions, maybe they should dub it the "I Don't Care" Bear ... :D

Ba dum tssssss

14 hours ago, pawcanada said:

A few too many city figures for my tastes personally, but I love the Knight, Monkey King, Mummy, Bounty Hunter and three costumed figures. The gamer and totally-not-Johnny-Thunder are also maybes for me personally. Depending on how Monkey King and Knight look in the flesh, I may get two so I can make a non-undead version of the Knight and Shaolin Warrior.

I’m not that keen on city characters but these are high quality soo although I won’t be purchasing them I’m still happy for the people who are buying them.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sure, though I preferably wish to see a vintage-styled "Leatherhead" football player CMF introduce that part recolor. :wink:

He’s a rugby player. Rugby is a British sport. :wink:

2 hours ago, lostdriveway said:

Hmmm I’m not so sure. Although on the surface seems more than reasonable I couldn’t really find much evidence of digital tampering. The circles aren’t level to each other but this could be from the leaflet being slightly bent/not flat. Finally, the “18” is a slightly darker colour to the “16” & “17” but this could be due to the lighting the person who took the photo had.

5 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

7) Johnny Thunder 6/10. Good realization, super lame idea. Another Johnny?

When did the CMS theme previously give us a Johnny Thunder? :shrug_confused:

23 minutes ago, J4ck said:

Oh, I know, I was just hoping out loud that the CMF that would eventually give us an American Football recolor/reprint of the Rugby ball would be a "vintage" football player rather than yet another modern one. :classic:

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Is that character a union or league player ? 

And a helmet.......since when ????

But it's easy to put a hair piece on him and use the helmet for say a tank driver or gunner ?

The ball looks similar to the styling of the ones used by the NRL here in Australia.

Wait a minute, has anyone here yet come to the realization that Lego didn't take advantage of this Series' release date to give us some seasonal archetypes?! No Christmas, Halloween, nor Thanksgiving-themed CMFs?!!! :look:

2 minutes ago, lightningtiger said:

Maybe they have gone back to what they started with doing a cross section of themes ?

What do mean by that? :shrug_confused:

Well, here we have a mummy from Egypt, a black space bounty hunter, a knight, a odd fantasy warrior, a Fox suited chicken thief, a female BMX rider, etc.,.

16 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Wait a minute, has anyone here yet come to the realization that Lego didn't take advantage of this Series' release date to give us some seasonal archetypes?! No Christmas, Halloween, nor Thanksgiving-themed CMFs?!!! :look:

I'm not complaining. I don't celebrate any of those. IMO they would have been wasted slots.

Has anyone noticed or I could have missed earlier but the video gamer looks like a very popular YouTuber who loves saying Like A Boss !

3 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I'm not complaining. I don't celebrate any of those. IMO they would have been wasted slots.

Well, I was at least hoping for a Pilgrim (i.e. a Mayflower colonist) for Thanksgiving. :sceptic:

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, I was at least hoping for a Pilgrim (i.e. a Mayflower colonist) for Thanksgiving. :sceptic:

They could have given it a pumpkin pail and killed two birds with one stone. :head_back:

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

They could have given it a pumpkin pail and killed two birds with one stone. :head_back:

A new live Turkey mold would've been the most preferable accessory pairing. :wink:

The monkey king looks weird. This red sausage-like thing extending from his hair, is it an extra long tail seen from a weird angle or is it meant to represent the feathers / hair decoration? In case of the latter, then TLC really did a very poor job. It should look like this:

Enlighten.jpg.e76070145db343f4f2aca6df6bb5cf72.jpg

If one prefers less flexible parts, one could go with something like this:

818.jpg.d6b249af1266c215c5c0ce4ba5681571.jpg

Anyway. Funny to see how TLC fails where "cheap" Chinese brands have created unique molds like those two seen above. The armour piece is also just plain boring, a Chinese brand has already released a monkey king with a unique, shiny golden armour several years ago, and last year another Chinese brand has released a monkey king with the gold ring (which allows the monk to control the monkey king) being part of the hair piece, not just being printed on the head. But let's see, maybe the printing is nice at least.

Most of the other minifigs look interesting though, especially the flamingo piece. Just disappointed about the monkey king...

Edited by Oederland

18 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Johnny Thunder looks nice tho. I hope he has dual molded legs.

If you squint closely, you'll see he indeed does, Black legs with dual-molded Reddish Brown boots! :wink:

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh wait! Where is the pirate? 

Series 20? :oh:

Unless the archetype's a female, perhaps it's underneath the Blacktron Bounty Hunter's helmet? :shrug_confused:

I've seen another leaflet and it says 16, 16 and 16

Hmmm but, I feel they are both real :oh:

2 hours ago, Oederland said:

The monkey king looks weird. This red sausage-like thing extending from his hair...

It's using the "scarf/bandana" piece used in overwatch:

75971 Hanzo vs. Genji

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I've seen another leaflet and it says 16, 16 and 16

Hmmm but, I feel they are both real :oh:

It’s makes sense in theory, I guess we will find out with the official reveal.