Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR WTC] The Misfortune's Wrath

It was a sunny day on the Brick Seas, the winds were kind. The Misfortune's Wrath had finally set sail from Alexport under its new flag, en route to its new home port: Mesabi Landing. The ship had been won in an auction months ago, but ongoing diplomatic troubles in Prio had led to this delay. Since hostilities seemed to be low these days, the WTC finally took to Prio, recruited a crew, and sailed the Misfortune's Wrath out of harms way - who knew when the crisis might heat up again?

qHtgEOM.jpg

One WTC Marine was eager to fire one (or all) of the ships many carronades on something...

Oj4IaQ9.jpg

... while another one had a much more relaxed work ethic:

tINOWUx.jpg

The captain and crew of the Misfortune's Wrath were the finest men the WTC could find in Prio. Only the most trustworthy, best of the best:

MfkDtUM.jpg

bcKQjYT.jpg.KZigrDy.jpg

Meanwhile, the captains cabin was still full of the previous shipowners belongings - among other things a chest full of different flags.

Hooray, they could be useful one day!

MfscFkh.jpg.jY8mtKv.jpg

So the Misfortun'e Wrath sailed on, towards many future adventures!

LfticJ2.jpg

===============================================================================================

Finally! This thing has been sitting almost-but-not-completely-done-and-without-minifigs-n-stuff on my table for weeks. It is the MOC for the Misfortune's Wrath won by Mesabi Landing in this Mays auction. It is based on the 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty:

Spoiler

6243-1-PT03.jpg

I combined two sets to build this MOC, keeping several features of the official Lego model, while also changing a lot of things. The Misfortune's Wrath comes with eight 24-pounders, two massive 36-pounders in the back and four carronades in the front.  As usual, I included a lot of "play features", like the rotating big cannons, or a captains cabin that can be opened for easy access:

sFBkANT.jpg

As usual, C&C are welcome!

P.S.: We are still waiting for that build-off, @Capt Wolf! :pir-grin:

Edited by Drunknok

Ahoy, matey! What a fine ship we got here, heavily armed and manned by a proud bunch of pirates marines. Though there's one thing, the 36 pounders on the poop deck, usually the poop deck is the weakest part of the ship, not sure if it can bear such weight.:pir-grin:

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

P.S.: We are still waiting for that build-off,

We know. We're working on it. Volunteer time has been at a premium of late.

I like your MODed ship! It both keeps the classical feel and adds something more, with better playability (official LEGO ships usually have a tiny cabin) and better details. I always love seeing the WTC in action!

My only criticism is about the two "little swivel guns" near to the helm wheel… recoiling they would kill the artillery man, the helmsman or anyone in their route! :pir_tong2: 

On 9/15/2018 at 12:51 PM, Bodi said:

Though there's one thing, the 36 pounders on the poop deck, usually the poop deck is the weakest part of the ship, not sure if it can bear such weight.:pir-grin:

17 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

My only criticism is about the two "little swivel guns" near to the helm wheel… recoiling they would kill the artillery man, the helmsman or anyone in their route! :pir_tong2:

Bah, humbug! WTC weapons technology is superior (as is the WTC in general :tongue: ), none of this matters!

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. :classic: