Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[SoNE] A day long remembered...

///Transmission Received///LOC:ENDOR///

The Death Star is gone. After grueling months of battle for soldiers of both the Alliance and the Empire, the battle is over. The Rebel Alliance are closing in on the dwindling outmanned and outgunned Imperial forces both in space and on the ground. The Empire is left disorganized and in chaos as the chain of command is all but wiped out.

00:00 - Zero Hour

Alarms ring aboard the Medical Frigate Consolation. Failsafe orders are beginning to be distributed from the Emperor with his final orders, yet still most aboard cannot even comprehend what happened moments ago. The new Admiral of the freshly christened Consolation stares in disbelief out the bridge of the destroyer.

43865841114_219ea0c27f_c.jpg

Admiral Horche: Karabast. Move us away from the debris field. Emergency Code 0-33 is now in effect. Status report! NOW!

Lt. Roex: The Death Star is gone, a few transports away... The Executor is down... Troops on the moon falling back.... Rebel fleet closing- Wait! Massacre was just caught in the debris field. She's gone. What's left of Imperial upper command is jumping. Rebel fleet closing in... This is bad.

43865842154_7a05ab78a0_c.jpg

Admiral Horche: Get Bludgeon away from the debris field now! Deploy all rescue parties, get those transports in the air! And raise me all wing commanders in our frequencies!

Lt. Roex: We have our orders sir, to fall back to rendezvous point S-15. 

Admiral Horche: To Kessel with it! Other destroyers are staying, and you said yourself command is gone, that is an order. I refuse to leave our men out here.

Lt. Roex: Understood, deploying transports...

01:00

It was a trap. The trail was too perfect. The Rebels had, with the help of the natives, set multiple traps throughout the region to draw troops to be captured or killed. The rest of Beltar’s and Marc’s unit were killed. With the destruction above, Beltar and Marc began falling back to the evacuation points, in hopes of catching a transport before it was to late.

43865843254_e439443b60_c.jpg

TK-1702: Beltar, move it! Evac point is just ahead!

Beltar:  I'm coming.... Watch it Marc!

TK-1702: Rebels incoming! Get to the barrier!

42774130880_cd75f379f2_c.jpg

TK-1702: It's just like Yavin all over again. 

Beltar: But the Emperor….

42774131760_a9c0fdc730_c.jpg

Shadow-Trooper: Go soldiers! Beach point is just ahead!

42774118250_21753d70c4_c.jpg

Beltar: So this is how the Empire comes undone, think of all the soldiers we know- 

TK-1702: No time for that kind of talk. We can mourn friends and leaders later.

02:00

Admiral Horche of the Consolation, scrapping up all resources, has ordered as many TIE transports as he can to the surface, but with the rest of the fleet disoriented, there are few commanders and squadrons able to provide air support for the evacuation on the ground.

43865844794_24f46d9795_c.jpg

Admiral Horche: Commander, I want you to cover as many transports as you can down there. We are going to try to evacuate as many men as we can from the moon, our scanners show Rebel fighters enroute to evac points.

Alyin: Roger that Admiral. We'll take care of the any unfriendliness up here. With all due respect sir, with the fleet in full retreat, they might call you a traitor and a fool for staying.

Admiral Horche: I'd rather be a fool or traitor than a coward. Onward commander!

42774132700_08318c82a8_c.jpg

Alyin: Aright, this is no time for sorrow or revenge. We need to cover what's left of our soldiers down there.43865845204_73fa685229_c.jpg

Valkyrie-2:  We've got your back commander. 

42774129260_aa8794641a_c.jpg

Admiral Horche: Be careful out there soldiers.

03:00

On the beach, Commander Kirk who was redeployed on Endor, is now facing immense odds as the Rebels close in, with few options of escape for the soldiers on the ground.

42774128110_e1a8d0070a_c.jpg

Commander Kirk: Captain, report. 

Officer: Outer defenses in our encampment are crumbling. To the Rebels, it's line shooting womp rats in a barrel.

Commander Kirk: Indeed. We've lost so many today... Any word on how many men we can evacuate?

Officer: Unknown, the remaining Admirals are diverting as many resources as they can, but the Rebels are pressing hard up there.

Commander Kirk: It's going to take a miracle to get us out of this one.

===

42774126870_de5bafd4b8_c.jpg

Officer: Put you blasters down grab a ration pack, and await your turn to get on a transport! We are all getting of this moon!

BeltarLike hell we all will. I imagine our fleet is near gone by now...

TK-1702: I think a meal will be fine for starters Beltar, afterwards, we'll find a shuttle, get of this mudball. Have some faith, will you?

43865840124_d47dc21558_c.jpg
Suddenly, alarms ring, as the sound of an Alliance vessel closes in.

Officer: Bombers inbound!

42774125350_654a7e6261_c.jpg

TK-1702: This is your cue!

43865839054_77db270bed_c.jpg

Beltar: This is pretty bad for these guys, I think I can-

42774123890_e2dee7ff92_c.jpg

Officer: No, I want you two to find a transport now. Let the Rebel's deal with the injured...

Beltar: But-

Officer: Go!

43865838204_2fd8352835_c.jpg

TK-1702: She's right, there's nothing you can do for these guys without a medbay.

Beltar: We can't just leave them-

TK-1702: The Rebels will save them, "its what they do".

[SoNE] Finale by Commander Beltar, on Flickr d[SoNE] Finale by Commander Beltar, on04:00

42774122380_815bf8346e_c.jpg

Alyin: I got 4 on my scope. 1 friendly 3 hostile. Bomber going after one of ours. I'll take the Leader, 2, 3 have at the fighters. 

Valkyrie-3: roger. 

42774121670_5f955dee02_c.jpg

Alyin: Three, you with us? Syd-? Two did you see a shute or ejection?

Valkyrie-2: Negative. Negative. Ah, too many loses today. Should we turn back? Save ourselves?

Alyin: We have got to push forward. Karabast, Beltar and Marcus. Please be alive.

05:00

42774121070_e7b546684b_c.jpg

Lt. Roex: Admiral, the Rebel Alliance have nearly cut off our jump routes! And-and their sending boarding parities to capture the destroyers and frigates, we are losing ground and cover! We've got to go soon!

Admiral Horche: At ease son. I reckon there's at plenty of platoons still on the moon, and we'd be lucky to get a few more. And when we're gone, I doubt the Command will care to deploy again for those boots on the ground.

Lt. Roex: I... I understand sir. But with our casualty rates today… We should cut our losses and leave.

Admiral Horche: Not just yet... But- prepare escape vectors in case.

06:00

44534288692_cb2225b820_c.jpg

Alyin: another squad coming in mark 3. 

42774120220_57e3c10b3c_c.jpg

Valkyrie-2: On it. After this we should head back to the fleet. At this point we may be jumping. 

Alyin: I've got soldiers I know down there Kye, I’m not leaving them behind.

29646329687_4c4e83d8bb_c.jpg

Alyin: Kye!

43865852764_8762516982_c.jpg

Valkyrie-2: I'm going down! 

Alyin: Eject!

Valkyrie-2: On it!

07:00

29646330917_e98fde8ca8_c.jpg

Officer: Shadow trooper fortifications on the south western bank have just fell. At this rate we will be overrun in the next few hours. 

Commander Kirk: Such is the case. I want you on the next transport. 

Officer: Sir?

Commander Kirk: You heard me. You've got some promise kid. I'd rather die with the Empire today than pick up the scraps. You have a future, be a senator, or something. Make a difference.

43865855394_d53e1e213f_c.jpg

TK-1702: Come-on Marc! We are cleared for this transport!

43865857254_8f1acd73b1_c.jpg

Beltar: Incoming

30713952128_39e63067e6_c.jpg

TK-1702: Aha, air support!

Beltar: Those markings- That's Alyin!

TK-1702: You two can catch up later. Let's get moving. 

Beltar: I'll try my old comm frequencies, see if I can reach her- no!

29646328897_7f409e4731_c.jpg

TK-1702: She just saved our lives, Beltar. We can't do anything.

Beltar: We're not leaving her behind!

TK-1702: We are going, now! If we don't go, we'll be captured for sure!

===

29646327827_c5d1a8f13b_c.jpg

Rebels: Do you see any survivors?

Rebel: Negative... Wait. I got movement in the Wreckage!

43865847574_c037ba1227_c.jpg

Alyin: Rebel...Scum…

Rebel: Freeze! You're coming with us!

07:05

29646326537_fae7819c63_c.jpg

Lt. Roex: Beach flanks have fallen, the Rebels are taking prisoners by mass now. The last transport available is about to make it onboard. 

Admiral Horche: Good, set coordinates. What about our air support?

Lt. Roex: All wing commanders confirmed down, most as losses.

Admiral Horche: Align trajectories... By the Emperor.

Lt. Roex: So much destruction, so much loss... Jumping momentarily.

42774134280_710abfc19c_c.jpg

Admiral HorcheWhere do we go from here?
===

After arriving on the Consolation, Beltar and Marc found themselves following the crowds: to the list of casualties and MIA...

TK-1702: Ah don't beat yourself up, there was nothing you could've done. We're lucky to have escaped with our lives, we were in the one of the last transports...

Beltar: We lost so many good people today.

TK-1702:  I'll be at the barracks. Don't worry man, I'm sure the Admiral has a plan. 

42774133710_58456da3a4_c.jpg

Beltar: They never did train us for a day like this. 

TK-1702: Beltar look here-

Beltar: The entire crew of Massacre, The Executor… 

TK-1702: Well, looks like we all just got promoted if the Uppers are gone...

Beltar: I’m going to get some rest. My blood is boiling for a fight, might as well prepare. 

TK-1702: See you around, the Empire got a whole lot smaller today.

///Transmission Ended///LOC:UNKNOWN///

This is a bit overdue, since the episode ended months ago.

SoNE 1.0 was a ride, and it's odd to see it the 'original' SoNE gone, but 2.0 will definitely be exciting! And I can't wait for it to begin! Anyways this build right? Clearly I was kind of inspired by Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk in the way the story was organized, kind of. I wanted to try to get closer to something like the movie, like more wide shots of beaches with Stormtroopers boarding shuttles, but well, parts. I would've done digital, but this is it for Beltar's story in 1.0, wanted to do something physical. It is not as 'large' of a build as I would have liked, or had planned in my sketches, but this will suffice. Try to take some liberties with the story, the way I format these doesn't allow to much for me describing what is happening around the scene, nor am I very good at describing it anyways, but things are happening! As I was sorting some of my parts (Which I've been saying I've been doing for the last 4 years, I actually made progress this time!), I came across my AT-MP, so that ended up in this build, I even found part of my first SoNE build! Hopefully you enjoyed this picture heavy build, which was more focused on wrapping up Beltar's story than being impressive builds, as a lot of parts got stuck in a cycle of recycling because of limitations, which can be seen in that one big tree that is in practically every one of my Endor builds. If the judges have the time, I would appreciate this build to be judged! If not, no problem. Anyways, with 2.0, we'll see what happens! It's going to be good! 

Long live the Empire.

Edited by Commander Beltar
Formatting, forgot to add things, etc.

Nice work, you've got a lot of great builds here.  Your minifig posing is really well done; I especially like the picture where Beltar is diving into the trench with the rebels behind him, and the sequence where the troops are watching the incoming fighters, but the poses are excellent throughout and I can tell you put a lot of time / thought into the scenes.

I also really like the scene where Alyin is crawling out of the crashed ejection seat.  The little details like her gloves on the ground, the broken branches and the parachutes really sell the story.

I liked the microscale scenes, but it was also hard to tell what they were supposed to be portraying (besides the trees).  Something more recognizable, either microfigs / vehicles or a more obvious landmark or structure would have helped I think.  Also, I like the TIE interior a lot, but the skeleton didn't fit that well.  It might have been better to just have the pilot engulfed in flames.

Overall, though, this is an impressive end to Beltar's 1.0 story and I'm excited to see what you come up with for SoNE 2.0!