Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - FB] Sugarcane plantation in Breshaun

1.png
Emile,
We've made a purchase of a sugarcane plantation on Breshaun. This will make our rum production much easier due to us not having to import as much for production. I hired Nicolas, an expert farmer, top overlook the farm. We've just started planting (did you know planting sugarcane is possible??), and hopefully we will have good soon. I had a small hut built for people to rest at after working in the hot sun, along with a rotating guard to make sure nothing is stolen or sabatoged.
All my love,
Elise

2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

My dear Elise,
You have no idea how much it pleases me to see your letter. I'll soon be back to you after our expedition. Our expanding business is fantastic, and you are doing a wonderful job overlooking these business deals. I hope Henri and the others of the crew aren't giving you too much trouble. I look forward to seeing the sugarcane plantation when I return.
With all my love,
Emile

6.png
7.png

Background of the build: Over the past few months I've gone to my local LEGO store and PAB wall quite a few times, grabbing whatver I thought I would need for builds. Finally todaty I had some freetime to build physically, and it was great to be able tp build something with real bricks rather than digital (as great as LDD is). I'm sorry the pictures (or at least the setup) isn't the best.

The hut is nicely done, and I like the creative approach on the "plantation" - can be used for anything really, you do not have to care about the plant builds at all. Clever! :thumbup:

Where are the torso and head of the old man from?

4 hours ago, Drunknok said:

The hut is nicely done, and I like the creative approach on the "plantation" - can be used for anything really, you do not have to care about the plant builds at all. Clever! :thumbup:

Where are the torso and head of the old man from?

The lack of plants was actually due to not having enough pieces to have sugarcane. The torso comes from the POTC Silent Mary for Henry. The head is from Ki-Adi Mundi from Star Wars.

Simple but effective build, I like the way you depicted a starting plantation. Great minifig choice and posing, even if I usually prefer the single-colour option (yellow or pink minifigs).