Giacinto Consiglio

[MOC] Art Nouveau Modular Corner Building

On 7/30/2018 at 11:23 PM, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Yes, I've been to Barcelona, but I'm not as informed as you about Art Nouveau. Wondering why designing a modular would require such theory behind, though. I build to have fun, I have enough to study at school! Next time I won't bound my MOC to a specific style, so as not to arouse scandal among scholars. I'm looking forward to seeing your modular interpretation of art nouveau at this point!

I almost forgot another point: have a look at Art Nouveau examples in Riga: they will appear much classier than you expect! Even a single style may show surprising differences from a country to another :wink:

I'm sorry if I made you angry. I'm very aware of the types of Art Nouveau, like some of it, dislike some of it. I find history interesting and think it's totally unnecessary to have a huge knowledge about architecture. I love mix-matching architecture; I don't know if what I'm building is Art Nouveau or not. I love being shown stuff and showing stuff; I think I have a pretty open mind about things. I both like interpreting buildings and creating my own ideas through bricks. Anyway, I like your build and I wish you like mine too, whether we prefer a scholar approach or a freestyle approach (or my favourite, a mix), we all love modulars and that's what we're here for, really.

I'm not angry and I highly appreciate your work: mixing and getting new solutions is so amusing and creative , and at least once we can forget rules and restrictions with LEGO bricks!

A wonderful discussion of an off the chart MOC! Like to see how folks approach such a creative work, and how differences of opinion are handled in a non-threatening manner. Gaudi brought such joy to architecture that it is thrilling to see interpretations of his work in LEGO. Congratulations on a mind-blowing build!

What a beautifull moc with a great interior design.

I love it. Well done!