A month ago I decided to make an excavator, first I was thinking about a mechanical powered one, but later I realized, that The mechanic cylinders are not that much powerful as I need. So I decided to do a pneumatic powered excavator. I had to buy the Lego Technic 42053 excavator because I needed the two biggest pneumatic 19478 cylinders to lift up the bang, one for the arm and fourth to move with the bucket. This excavator is based on pneumatic system v2. Its half rc and half manually controlled, that's sometimes hard if you work with it in terrain.  In a few months, I am planning to build an updated fully rc version. Here is the video of the excavator:

Parameters:

length: 36 cm      Max dig deep: 18cm

Width: 17cm      Max speed: 0.28km/h

Weight: 1320g     Electric motors: 3

IMG_2985.jpg

the tracks mechanism

IMG_2973.jpgIMG_2987.jpg

The cabin

The arm could do with some work (those 5x7 frames really look out of place), but otherwise it's quite nice...

Edited by mocbuild101

Good work on the pneumatics! 
You could put one of those black small axles on the cabin. The red is standing out a lot. 

Like it, especially the hands-on manipulation - so much, that I wouldn't even miss the motorization of the undercarriage. Nice MOC! :classic:

I donť know any black 1/2 axle. Can you tell me which one did you mean?

5 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Rare linkage on the bucket :thumbup: .

Thanks, I really like it, because it is compact and it has a much better range than the standard one.

9 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

The arm could do with some work (those 5x7 frames really look out of place), but otherwise it's quite nice...

Why? I think, that it looks good and its easy to make.

14 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

Why? I think, that it looks good and its easy to make.

I'm not saying it's not good, it just doesn't look as nice as the rest of the model... :wink:

14 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

I donť know any black 1/2 axle. Can you tell me which one did you mean?

The small red axle was also made in black: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32062#T=S&C=11&O={"color":"11","iconly":0}