Sign in to follow this  
Lord Buckethead

[COR - FB] Jawed's Fortune - Class 7

wfxfgUB.jpg

After several weeks at sea, the Jawed's Fortune finally docked in Arlinsport on her first voyage to the New World. She had been purchased by Lord Augustus Fernsby in Tazelft as a way to earn doubloons to fund his fledgling society.

8UWw2gp.jpg

The crew hurriedly unloaded her cargo in an effort to make her seaworthy for next month.

Loxglqg.jpg

KNBpzbS.jpg

Thank you for viewing my first BOBS ship build. Sadly i can't really take any of the credit for it as it's from a YouTube video I found by 'MOC YOUR BRICKs'. I of course made some personal tweaks to her but nothing too major. She will be a class 7 trade ship starting in Arlinsport. I would like to eventually make sails for her, but at the moment I'm clueless as to how to make them.

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Nice junk, I haven't seen the video but I guess you combined two Destiny Bountys together?  For the sails, some of the ancient Chinese junks had sails made from bamboo mats, they looked quite rigid, so I think you may try to use plates to build sails.

Great work on combining the "Bounties" LB. I like the different tiers of decks, and the life you have given the ship.

For sails, I personally find baking paper somewhat fitting for Chinese sails, particularly if you add the characteristic "ribs" of a junk's sails.

May she bring you great fortunes and good luck in the coming MRCA's.

A fine ship with a flavor! And don't worry, a man has to start somewhere as far as building ships is concerned. Practice does wonders as well as observation of the numerous MOCs of great builders both here in our community and outside

Great looking vessel LB. I like how you have included all the little details on the deck such as the greenery. Those roller doors as shade clothes are a real stand out. Great job!