Sign in to follow this  
rh1985moc

Hello all! My name is Rob!

Hi rh1985moc and welcome to Eurobricks!

Interested in brutalism? I never heard that term before :look: (but checked online :wink: ). Can you specify what you are doing exactly, especially brutalism LEGO related? I have absolutely no clue: Is that transforming humans to animals, or am I completely wrong? :blush:

That is a stunning MOC, Rob. :wub: And a perfect entry to Eurobricks. When you have finished it, it would be nice if you open a new topic and present it here.
Are you from the U.S.?

Welcome! I'm a big fan of Art Nouveau, but Brutalism is a style I'm digging more and more recently. People are very firendly here, have fun!

Welcome to Eurobricks. What a beautiful name you have :classic:

5 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Interested in brutalism? I never heard that term before :look:(but checked online :wink: ). Can you specify what you are doing exactly, especially brutalism LEGO related? I have absolutely no clue: Is that transforming humans to animals, or am I completely wrong? :blush:

I think it's a style of architecture

Edited by Robert8

Hi Rob - welcome to EB!

That's a great looking Twin Towers project you've got there, and a nice set of photos of the process and design, too.  Thanks for sharing, and happy building!  :classic:

16 hours ago, Holodoc said:

I have absolutely no clue: Is that transforming humans to animals, or am I completely wrong?

Here you go, Holodoc:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture

Hey there @rh1985moc, welcome to Eurobricks! :sweet:

I've seen your work on both Flickr and LEGO Ideas before, and I'm particularly fond of your Asiatic Grand Hotel & Emporium modular creation. I was originally familiar with that project through Ideas, but was recently made aware of its presence on Flickr along with the rest of your work thanks to @LegoModularFan:classic:

27621059260_cddfe191b4_z.jpg

5 hours ago, rh1985moc said:

Thanks very much, the hotel and emporium was increased in height to make it less oppressed by the towers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rh1985/37125396402/in/album-72157606649468707/

Yes, @LegoModularFan had also brought that updated build to my attention over on his topic Inspirational Modular and Non-Modular Building MOCs a little while ago. That's a discussion topic that you really should check out sometime by the way! :wink:

Edited by Digger of Bricks