Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-UoT] Namerens in the Library

Type: Royal University

It was a cloudy day in Arlinsport, as the Luca siblings walked into the department of Politik, Philosophy, and History library, next to the Great Garden of Tiberia.

42150111444_766e1c0d5f_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"Tiberia could easily have been Nameren, you know." Said Maria. "Do South of Balmin, if only we hadn't been at war with the Bremerens, we could have sent our ships and taken it for ourselves."

41057527500_a0bc42d207_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"Ah, wouldn't that have been nice, sister. A united Namere under Gonda. A pity it was the Bremerens who won the war." Replied Luca

The two entered the library. The librarian shushed them without even looking up.

27999241577_ddea56ee7f_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"Greetings, my friends." Said Princess Isabella of Gonda, "Though I regret circumstances are not as I wish they could be."

27999241077_a6f1fd6eb5_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"We're alive, and that's what matters." Said the pricessess's attendant, Antonio Barsotti. 

"Alive, but broke, our forces scattered, and our resources exhausted." Said Isabella. 

42819676462_e7c44117c4_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"If we ever want to take back our kingdom, we'll have to find new allies." Said Maria, "We're in a Corrish Settlement. Perhaps these, 'Corries' can be of use."

"That incident in Carno set us back. We can't trust outsiders again. Not again." Said Antonio. 

42819676632_5de4e45330_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"Unfortunately, we must. I've reached out to local governance for resources. The only useful thing I've found is a flier labeled 'Captain Wanted' for a ship. seems some organization is taking anyone they can get. If we ever want to recover the throne of Gonda, we must begin wherever we can. Luca, see if you can get the position. Take whoever you need." Isabella said.

"I'll take Nico, and Maria. It's going to be a chore, but baby steps." Said Luca. "Anything else to discuss?" 

42819677492_d18ed516c6_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

"Nico, you go with Maria and Luca, we've got big plans." said Isabella, calling the navigator over. 

42819676802_7a7ecb92d8_z.jpgThe University of Tiberia by North White, on Flickr

The Three left the library. The Librarian shushed them again, as they passed uniforms from some pointless war between Oleon and Corrington.

They had work to do.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build for the royal university of Tiberia! As I am spearheading the project, it would be a sin for me to not get something decent looking out. I can't wait to see everyone else's builds for the project. C&C appreciated, especially on the story. I hope to develop things in Namere more like @Keymonus did with Varcoast. Thanks again, and let's hope this is the start to a great project for Corrington and the Brick Seas as a whole. 

Edited by Mesabi

Your building skills are certainly improving Mesabi! The outside terrain is nicely varied and I really like that colorful tree out front! I do like the overall façade, but there are a few spots where you could have pressed the bricks together a little more, mainly around the front entrance. I like the detail work on the inside as well. The bookcases look pretty solid and the shields and flags are a nice touch. I think the floor would have looked better completely tiled, however that is probably due to a lack of bricks, so in turn nothing you can do about. Overall a very nice build and a good first installment to the University!

Thanks @LM71Blackbird, I'm always being told to press things in. It looks pressed in when I build it I swear! :pir-laugh: Additionally I ran out of 2x2 jumper plates, so tiling things completely wasn't possible. (I bought like 50 of them too!) Thanks for your comment, and I hope you'll add your own contribution as well. :pir-blush:

36 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Thanks @LM71Blackbird, I'm always being told to press things in. It looks pressed in when I build it I swear! :pir-laugh: Additionally I ran out of 2x2 jumper plates, so tiling things completely wasn't possible. (I bought like 50 of them too!) Thanks for your comment, and I hope you'll add your own contribution as well. :pir-blush:

Lol! You're welcome! I'll definitely be contributing to the university project! I was thinking about starting with building one of the gardens and possibly the stadium. Just trying to finish my first rate before starting on them.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Nice build, Mesabi. I like the roof and wall texture, and there's quite a lot of shields on the wall.:sweet:

Nice build Mesabi, probably your best architecture here in BoBS! Your collection of shields is a nice touch, but the globe and the way you realised the roof are great.

Your story is nice too, I like the idea of fleshing out non playing nations, even if my Varcoastan storyline was completely abandoned… sooner or later I should continue it :grin: