Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR] Joeseph Zumbro for RSND!

Type: Freebuild

The Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery seeks leadership!

Acting under the Parliament of Science, reporting to the Secretary of Discovery, the RSND will be led by a loyal Corlander appointed chairman by the ministry. To assist him in his duties, up to two vice presidents can be appointed, who, in the chairmans absence, have full discretion over the Society's assets. One will be the VP of Security, in charge of all military capabilities and dispositions, the other the VP of Operations, in charge of all civilian assets.

Loyal Corlanders interested in taking up these positions: Please post here a short description of the character applying for the position in the form of a short job application. Picture required. Remember that the RSND is a scientific organisation, so relevant profiles and experience is expected. It can be new characters, and you may submit as many applicants as you like.

Joseph Zumbro sat in his Hotel Room in King's Harbour working on a letter. Sally was busy nagging him.

27832611847_3e4079b940_z.jpgJoeseph Zumbro runs for office by North White, on Flickr

"Come on, you aren't going to get this, you're grossly underqualified!" said Sally

"Have some faith, this beats setting up Waymarts everywhere!" Said Joeseph

Sally looked at Joeseph's resume

Joeseph Zumbro

Sales Marine for the WTC

Professional Summary:

Highly and totally professional sales marine/could be royal society member. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty by murdering natives, Carnivores, Loti guys, or just people I don't like. Like seriously, I have no moral standards. If we find treasure or something, I'm going to take a big cut of it, then steal some later when you aren't looking. Also, I have experience walking on manicured lawns, and beaches, so exploring should be easy for me. I also set up 3 Waymarts, and I'm already supposed to be doing that, so I'll be setting up some along the way if you don't mind. 

Areas of Expertise:

• Sales
  • Explosives
  • Ship captaining
  • exploring
  • looting
  • burglering
  • heir being
  • Nepotism

Education:

Dropout from Lil Tykes Preschool in Belson 600-601

Expelled from Central Belson elementary: 603-604

Homeschooling by neglectful parents 604 to 610

Enrolled at Smythe Middle School until destruction by arson 610 to 611

Homeschooling by neglectful parents 611 to 612

Graduate of Corrington Prep for wealthy children 612-616

Expelled from University of Tiberia 617

Work Experience:

610 - Newspaper boy: I was given a job as a newspaper boy in Belson. I left this position after I realized I was to good for it.

617-present - WTC Sales Marine: So my mom was like "Joesph, get a job!" and I was like, "Mom, get off my back." Well anyways she got me a roll at the WTC because the acting CEO is my aunt. Anyways, I am in charge of building Waymarts on the Brick Seas along with my talented crew of misfits.

27832612117_a4b74a0f55_z.jpgJoeseph Zumbro runs for office by North White, on Flickr

"I'm so going to nail this" Said Joseph

FIN 

Well, other grossly unqualified people get jobs in politics and management all the time - some even at the highest positions - so I do not see how this could possibly go wrong. Best of luck! :pir-grin:

Tenth day of the sixth month, 618

Mesabi Landing, Argentia

To whom it may concern at the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery,

my name is Kadeus Mordo, and I speak to you in the name of the royally chartered Wayfarer Trading Company. It has come to my attention that a certain Joseph Zumbro has applied for a leading position in your society. I urge you to grant him this position, for the following reasons.

Young Mr. Zumbro has time and again proven his worth* in a variety of situations**, always*** exceeding expectations****. You are already aware of his colourful educational history, which did prepare him for all kinds of challenges*****.

Mr. Zumbro is a charming, intelligent and hardworking gentleman, who would be an invaluable asset to your society and all its endeavours. He will never let you down, he will never betray the trust you put in him. I can highly recommend him for the many qualities he has, and I am sure he will prove to have many more in the future.

The WTC would be honoured to send Joseph Zumbro to serve your organisation.

Long live the Queen,

Kadeus Mordo

* ... he was kind of nice once

** ... actually only that one time

*** ... as in "never"

**** ... which are REALLY low

***** ... this is getting silly - just assume the opposite of everything I am writing from now on

P.S.: Back to seriousness again. If all else fails, I am sure you can find something for him. Just take him. Send him... whereever. We actually do not care for him. Is sailing not still dangerous these days? How about an accident on the high seas? Or in the case of hostile encounters - you will surely need a bullet magnet? Maybe you meet cannibals: last time I checked he was well fed. Seriously, just take him!

=======================

@Ayrlego @Bregir: Please consider this recommendation from an important WTC official.

Edited by Drunknok

21st day of the 6th month, 618

King's Harbour, Cocovia

Dear Mr. Joseph Zumbro,

the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery has reviewed your application with interest. We would like to offer you an important position in our society, namely appointing you the "Supreme Officer of Unusual Supplies". You will be in charge of ressource aquisition in areas where the common means proved to be futile. There will be a squad of veteran marines guarding you at all times.

If you agree to take this position, we expect you to report for duty in Jameston as soon as possible.

With kind regards,

Wilbur Epper II.,

Chairman of the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery

==============================================================

@Mesabi

The reaction to this offer is up to you. If you accept: please write a letter to the RSND informing them of your choice. If you have the time, you can support this with a build showing Joseph either leaving from where he is now or arriving in Jameston (this is not mandatory though). If you hae any questions, feel free to ask.