LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] The Fishing and Trading Skiffs and Rowboats of Quinnsville

The fishing and trading skiffs and rowboats of Quinnsville

41671886905_10127f4f55_b.jpgSmall Fishing Boats 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

In the summer months when the Brick Seas are relatively calm, the Quinnsville fisherman and traders brave the waters to put food on their tables.

41671886775_6a7a1a8421_b.jpgSmall Fishing Boats 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Some row close to shore to net the schools of fish that swim in great abundance.

41671886465_b43a1d7940_z.jpgSmall Fishing Boats 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Others use a rod and reel to catch fish, but occasionally get more than anticipated...

41671886315_7bcb94bc15_b.jpgSmall Fishing Boats 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Some of the larger skiffs can travel greater distances to nearby harbors to trade cocoa and spices among other things.

41671886025_774772a29d_b.jpgSmall Fishing Boats 5 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

After a hard days work, the boats are dragged up onto shore and their supplies are put into elevated houses for safe keeping until they can secure a buyer or until the seas are calm enough to travel to another port. 

Here is a build for me to license some class 0 boats. I also have been wanting to try out some small hull designs, and I especially like how the larger skiffs turned out! C&C are welcome and appreciated!

@Bregir I would like to license all 10 of these small boats. The first two boats in the second picture are just standard rowboats, but I believe I added enough to make them licensable. There are four of the larger skiffs that have sails and one without a sail. They all feature different colors, cargo, and crews so I think they classify as all different boats as well. I think I know the answer, but are they too small to be classified as class 1 boats? Lastly, the three small brick built rowboats are all different in the same way as the skiffs. I don't plan on licensing the beach portion at all.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

This is a really nice scene, great variety of little boats and good job with the waves, seaweed, etc - gives it a very realistic feel.  I can almost smell the sea breeze! :thumbup: 

Great overall scene, and the skiffs are great. I really like the pic of the two rowboats pulling the net between them (and the jumping fish). Nice water effects with the wakes and the seaweed. And the huts are appropriately rustic. Good job with this! :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a really nice scene, great variety of little boats and good job with the waves, seaweed, etc - gives it a very realistic feel.  I can almost smell the sea breeze! :thumbup: 

Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great overall scene, and the skiffs are great. I really like the pic of the two rowboats pulling the net between them (and the jumping fish). Nice water effects with the wakes and the seaweed. And the huts are appropriately rustic. Good job with this! :thumbup:

Thank you very much!

Nice!  Fabulous fishing dio, definitely the most complete one I've seen on BoBS!  The water is quite neat, the nets are great, and I'm liking those little houses on the shore.  The seaweed was an excellent addition as well!

11 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Nice!  Fabulous fishing dio, definitely the most complete one I've seen on BoBS!  The water is quite neat, the nets are great, and I'm liking those little houses on the shore.  The seaweed was an excellent addition as well!

Thank you! I'm glad that it turned out. The seaweed was a last minute addition because the water looked to open without it!

Wonderful scene! Really beautiful to look at. Lovely, thanks a lot for sharing! :-) 

Maybe too much rectangularity, random angles of the boats would have added a lot of variety I think.

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Wonderful scene! Really beautiful to look at. Lovely, thanks a lot for sharing! :-) 

Maybe too much rectangularity, random angles of the boats would have added a lot of variety I think.

Thank you!

Yeah, thinking back a thought about it. Can't remember why I decided not to...

Edited by LM71Blackbird

@LM71Blackbird

The court has convened on this case, and as per the general rule update, the court has decided to allow you the following. You can license 2 class 1s and 2 class 0s. Some of them are prefabs, and some of them are are too similar, particularly considering it is LDD.

In addition to this, and to appreciate the work done on the scene, you can license the scene as a large fishery (plantation).

Let us know if this leads to any questions.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

@LM71Blackbird

The court has convened on this case, and as per the general rule update, the court has decided to allow you the following. You can license 2 class 1s and 2 class 0s. Some of them are prefabs, and some of them are are too similar, particularly considering it is LDD.

In addition to this, and to appreciate the work done on the scene, you can license the scene as a large fishery (plantation).

Let us know if this leads to any questions.

No questions from me! That is awesome. Thank you very much!