Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[COR ML] The sweetest quest continues!

Months ago the WTC had sent some samples of their agave and stevia to the Academy for the Science of Sugar in Jameston. The goal was to find out if one of them was the "sweetest fruit" rumoured to grow so well on Argentia. The response had been typical for scientists as the answer was precise, but did not solve the problem:

Jameston, the third day of the second month

Dear Joe of the WTC,

we have received the samples you have sent us three weeks ago, and have studied them with great interest. First we want to thank you for this opportunity, as the results were most interesting. We found that both plants - stevia as well as agave - provide substances of strong sweetness. As for your questions I have to say though: none of the both qualify as a "sweetest fruit". I am afraid you have to do some more research on Argentia.

In that regard we will send you some Jubaea plants we aquired from a Mokolei trader. He claimed its sap was among the sweetest things he had ever tasted. We would highly appreciate if the WTC would plant and grow them on Argentia, and send us samples of the plants sap back to study here in the Academy. Those palmtrees need an arid climate that we lack on Celestia; Argentia should provide an ideal environment. At this point this is nothing but an unproven assumption, but the Jubaea could turn out to be the very plant you are looking for.

We remain curious and send the best wishes, the Academy for the Science of Sugar

So after Mordo had returned from his visit to King's Harbour, Joe invited him to a small plantation that had been set up for the Jubaea:

32Pkgrt.jpg

"Sheesh Joe, do we not have enough plantations already?" ... "Nope, and ya know it. Just tellin' you Mordo, this is one of them Corry experiments. Some sweetstuff palmtrees. Before you explode: it could be mighty profitable!"

And so the entered the plantation and were greeted by one of the workers:

2j1ZdEw.jpg.iYyHt4t.jpg

Mordo asked: "Is it me, or do we look out of focus?" ... The worker replied: "No sir, that is the heat making the air blurred. Anyway, the first barrel of the palmtrees sap has been filled already, and the second one is almost full too. We decided to sort of "milk" the trees instead of cutting them down. Takes a bit longer, but they survive the process. Lower costs and stuffs, you know."

KGDtvZA.jpg.t9FfV4s.jpg

Mordo still had his usual grumpy mood, but Joe was happy about these news: "Now all we have to do is send those barrels to the Academy in Jameston, and wait again. Hopefully we will get better news this time!"

==============================================================================================================

Licensed as a small plantation for the settlement of Mesabi Landing.

Some more wide shots:

SbIM3qX.jpg

QfaQDCU.jpg

ATiNjWR.jpg

This build continues my search for the rumoured "sweetest fruit" on Argentia. The Jubaea plant is named "honey palmtree" in its German translation, so maybe... just maybe. I hope @SkaForHire, @Phred or @Capt Wolf can give me a definite answer quickly. If this is again not the plant I am looking for: is there another way to determine what this rumour is about? Trial and error is fine, but I am almost out of ideas...

As always C&C are appreciated.